Pump submerged problem

And if they were repairing rather than throwing and change? Rediscover the pleasure of the repairs yourself. How to diagnose a problem or find spare parts? Repair itself is way to save money generally!
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Pump submerged problem

by Ahmed » 24/09/20, 23:00

If you don't have a buffer tank, it is quite possible that your pump is not appreciated to power your Kärcher and that either the electronics, or more likely the motor winding has heated up and is more or less short. -circuit...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Cham-Cham
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Cham-Cham » 24/09/20, 23:07

Thank you for the quick feedback Ahmed.
Indeed, I do not have a buffer tank: the pump was connected directly to the Karcher ... : Cry:
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 24/09/20, 23:18

A pump is cooled by the water flowing through it, but high pressure washers operate with reduced flow ... You see where I'm going ... If you reduce the flow of your pump, you impose an overload on it , which greatly increases the power consumption due to the effort required, while the cooling capacity decreases ... :frown:
0 x
Cham-Cham
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Cham-Cham » 24/09/20, 23:36

: Shock: : Idea: : Shock:
In fact, what I don't understand is the state of my pump in the electronic part: if we compare with the video in the message above, we see that:
- there was about 10 cl of a brown liquid with a special smell (it was not water).
-on the engine, we see lots of white traces, like powder, which attacked the metal part. It is as if we had poured acid.
-in addition, I felt an itch on the hand which touched this part.

The motor or electronics do not look totally burnt out because the pump has restarted but it is usually, it is after several tries and it does not last long.

I think I'll clean up what I can on the WD40 to try and get a "normal" look and give it another try. : roll:
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 25/09/20, 09:12

I cannot explain all of these symptoms; Admittedly, the winding is not totally burnt out, but enough to cause the shutdown rather quickly: I have already had the opportunity to observe this kind of failure ...
0 x
Cham-Cham
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Cham-Cham » 25/09/20, 15:54

alalala ... I really made a mistake: the pump costs 3-4 times the price of the Karcher!
I will try to do the cleaning and possibly the test this WE.
Not much hope though :(
0 x
Cham-Cham
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Cham-Cham » 25/09/20, 23:07

A small update:
I have the impression that the black colored circular piece is some kind of pressure switch. It is mounted in the white part. I think that when the pump sucks in water, part of it passes through the non-return valve and goes into the white part which under the effect of the pressure will press on the black switch and close the circuit. This is normal operation. In the event that there is no more water, there is no pressure and therefore the contactor must be opened.
The switch seems to be stuck, probably because of the brown liquid I found in the pump.
I cleaned the contactor and the motor with WD40.

But that does not explain why the pump systematically tripped ...
On the other hand, the presence of the brown liquid or a toasted coil could explain it. : Wink:
Attachments
IMG_20200925_224029.jpg
IMG_20200925_223955.jpg
IMG_20200925_223920.jpg
0 x
Cham-Cham
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Cham-Cham » 25/11/20, 21:56

Hello everybody,
this is just to keep you posted: after cleaning and reassembling the pump, it seems to be working normally : Lol:
Thank you all for your help and the info I found on the site!
Attachments
IMG_20201021_193902.jpg
0 x
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by 2023 » 14/03/23, 08:25

Hello Florent,

Thank you for your message. It is possible that the capacitor is the cause of your problems. To access it, you can try to remove the screws that hold the vacuum pump in place. If that doesn't work, you may need to contact a professional for help. We hope this information will be useful to you.
Thanks again and have a nice day !
0 x