Repair leaking PVC inflatable mattress (shit in China)

And if they were repairing rather than throwing and change? Rediscover the pleasure of the repairs yourself. How to diagnose a problem or find spare parts? Repair itself is way to save money generally!
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 09/03/11, 15:48

The Old Camper, I also know. And what does the Old Camper sell? Asian products too, generally of better quality too, but the prices are also 10, 20 or even 30 times more expensive than in Asia (found on Japanese equipment), there's more shame.
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 09/03/11, 15:52

Christophe wrote:
Leo Maximus wrote:When they supply us with shit it's because our manufacturers demand it so that the public can buy cheaper.

Uh no, if the traders and industrialists (not all) provide shit it is so that they make more money on 2 levels:
a) lower cost price
b) renewal (we join the debate on planned obsolescence)

Of course, that's why "the cheapest" is advertised on the shelves.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/03/11, 16:05

Macro wrote:If you are a seriously ill you have an inflatable mattress Christophe..Deca has a model guaranteed for life ...

Lol, no, I'm not a big patient, only it helps out well when there are several people (> 2) who come to visit the house ... and when they have to sleep on the hard after 2 hours it fucks her badly ... :? :?

I wonder if one of the models does not come from decaf ... I no longer have the invoices but does that take into account the leaks (except welding ...)? I doubt ! : Idea:
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 09/03/11, 16:06

Macro wrote:..... I bought the same product two years apart
http://www.decathlon.com / shoe-shoe rising forclaz-600-id_MAN_10849_8053250.html
The quality has dropped .. The so-called vibram of the soles has become dangerously slippery when we go from wet to dry tiling (Z'lez tell me we take off our shoes..Ben not to Auchan ... Good to auchan we do not go there in crocnauds of rando..Ben I take fouts the old ones they did not slip) ...

Bizzare, because the Decathlon soles should not slip at Auchan: it's the same house! We are with the Mulliez:

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Associatio ... le_Mulliez

Maybe they have interests in the plaster industry, who knows? : Lol:

ML
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/03/11, 16:10

Waaw interesting AFM link ...

I didn't know that Midas and Norauto had shareholders in common ...

This is family!

"The same luck for all thanks to the school of the republic?"

I mock myself! : Cheesy:
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 09/03/11, 16:27

Christophe wrote:Waaw interesting AFM link ...

I didn't know that Midas and Norauto had shareholders in common ...

That's it in family !

"The same luck for all thanks to the school of the republic?"

I mock myself! : Cheesy:

Here, to be a shareholder of the Mulliez group, you have to be a family member, if need be by alliance. :D

To return to the Old Camper (as thief as the other AMHAs), the Mulliez family seeks to get their hands on it (via Décathlon):

http://archives.lesechos.fr/archives/20 ... 23-ECH.htm

History of creating a new false competitor at Décathlon.

ML
0 x
renaud67
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by renaud67 » 09/03/11, 16:33

Otherwise, there are (almost) self-inflating 7 cm thick mattresses and it is quite practical and a little more robust.
0 x
The absurdities of yesterday are the truths of today and tomorrow banalities.
(Alessandro Marandotti)
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/03/11, 19:20

Leo Maximus wrote:(as thief as other AMHAs)

Hey calm Leo, all the traders are not thieves and many small galley not bad (low margins to be competitive, heavy taxation, employer or social charges ...), especially at this time ...

Good to come back to the repair, I did a test on 2 mattresses with PVC pipe glue, it seems to work quite well especially on one of the 2 (the other has a loss elsewhere I presume):

Inflated mattresses:

a) 1st layer we apply the glue evenly over the hole with a patch, a piece of tape or a piece of flexible plastic (we will peel off if it does not hold)

b) We deflate a little to be able to put a clamp
We wait about 1 hour.

c) 2nd layer: application of a "bare" adhesive layer.

d) repeat c) if necessary (we'll see tomorrow :D)

In any case the PVC glue "attacks" the mattress well, so the method is good and it is PVC!
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 09/03/11, 20:06

Christophe wrote:
Leo Maximus wrote:(as thief as other AMHAs)

Hey calm Leo, all the traders are not thieves and many small galley not bad (low margins to be competitive, heavy taxation, employer or social charges ...), especially at this time ...

I myself was the manager of SARL ... But when we see a Japanese product sold here 15 times more expensive we can say that the margin should not be low.

About "honest" traders like Carrefour, there is something in China at the moment: Carrefour is being prosecuted there for fraudulent practices (Les Echos).

Carrefour moved to Japan a few years ago and was fired, also for fraudulent practices. The best thing is that it was the Japanese mafia (the yakuza) who brought the cases to justice! : Lol: (Les Echos, Japan Today, and Japanese news agencies Asahi, Yomiuri and others).
Last edited by Leo Maximus the 09 / 03 / 11, 20: 11, 1 edited once.
0 x
cortejuan
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by cortejuan » 09/03/11, 20:07

Hi,

as you have seen in fact the advantage of PVC is that it is easily soluble in powerful solvents (those that stink). An alternative to your solution, you cut a washer of similar material, as you did, you inflate your mattress moderately so that it has the final shape, you brush the place with PVC glue, you immediately glue your patch, you cover it all with a strip of adhesive (probably Chinese) this metallic thing found everywhere and which is slightly clothed. It sticks a max; you then inflate your mattress completely.

Good the strip of adhesive is not super beautiful but it will firmly maintain the two elements and the solvents will have all the time (because trapped in the two layers) to properly weld patch and mattress.

cordially
0 x