Deca Starmicro 180 inverter welding machine that blows the pellets of my circuit breaker

And if they were repairing rather than throwing and change? Rediscover the pleasure of the repairs yourself. How to diagnose a problem or find spare parts? Repair itself is way to save money generally!
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Deca Starmicro 180 inverter welding machine that breaks my circuit breaker's lead

by izentrop » 20/10/17, 11:42

Christophe wrote:izentrop wrote:
Hello,
It has nothing to do with the current failure, but we see that there has already been a break at an output terminal, repaired with a small weld. It should have been done over the full width of the break because the current is limited shots and it heats up at the terminal (visible on top).

I do not see much for me, except that a lot of solder spots seem to have blackened (so heated) ...
The varnish has melted around the break, it is blistered.
For resistance, it's more like a paint marker.
Attachments
cassure.jpg
The varnish has melted
cassure.jpg (69.37 Kio) Accessed 8140 times
0 x
ronchp83
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Re: Deca Starmicro 180 inverter welding machine that breaks my circuit breaker's lead

by ronchp83 » 11/11/17, 00:03

Hi guys, this is my job is repaired, the technician told me that it was the power transistor that dropped, in 1 photo, we see that it has redone welders (I do not have any disassemble of afraid of making a mistake) and 2 photo it was surely also change this piece that was welded on the other side of the plate.

Other than that I advise against using chopsticks more than 1.6, because he says that the post is not made to be used with other chopsticks that 1.6 that the device is not powerful enough that the references indicates that I can use up 4 chopsticks and you think you're right?
Attachments
20171110_123318.jpg
20171110_123451.jpg
IMG_20171110_125445.jpg
1 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/11/17, 02:34

ronchp83 wrote:Hi guys, this is my job is repaired, the technician told me that it was the power transistor that dropped, in 1 photo, we see that it has redone welders (I do not have any disassemble of afraid of making a mistake) and 2 photo it was surely also change this piece that was welded on the other side of the plate.

Hi boyfriend and thanks for the info on the end of the repair!

ronchp83 wrote:Other than that I advise against using chopsticks more than 1.6, because he says that the post is not made to be used with other chopsticks that 1.6 that the device is not powerful enough that the references indicates that I can use up 4 chopsticks and you think you're right?

Your post is a quality material (at least semi) professional: it has a market rate of 100% up to 2.5mm sticks ... it's not bad at all!

100% means that you can weld continuously without pausing at all at 20 ° C
40% means that you have to pause 60% of the time (so 4 minutes of work for 6 minutes of break) it may be that which was not respected and which made the components age faster or just what scared them if the thermal safety was HS ...

So if the repair was made with components of equivalent or better quality, you can still widely use up to 2.5mm and you will still have extra security because the arc is never welded continuously for 10 minutes (must be well change the chopsticks)

Funny the last line of the table (I had never seen): obviously this is the number of sticks that can be welded per hour while respecting the duty cycle, it's not bad to optimize the work ... and 28 Wand of 3.2 is a wand every 2 minutes! It's already a lot (because we have to prepare the pieces, point them correctly, change the baguette ... etc ... etc ...) :)

ps: unless you want to weld pieces larger than 10 mm thick (like big IPN ...), you will probably never use 4 mm sticks ...
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 11/11/17, 09:11

The theoretical power should allow the use of larger electrodes, because the use of 1,6 mm is really limited. On the other hand, it is a cheap item and electronic components are the Achilles' heel of inverters * when they are not of high quality; that may be what motivates the technician's reluctance.
I note that the duty cycle is given for 20 ° instead of 40 ° of the standard, which is common for low-end posts, because this device can display performance they are not able.

* For those who have only occasional use of the arc welding, better buy a conventional post (transformer) that will be much more durable in time than an inverter at the same price and that supports the comparison in terms of ease of use (there is a fashion effect that unfairly depreciates these robust systems).
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/11/17, 18:02

This is true for 20 degrees vs. 40 ... except that in fact it is much more often 20 than 40 ...
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 11/11/17, 18:09

The question does not arise in terms of the usual temperature, but as unified standard allowing a fair comparison. In this way, low-end brands simply try to trick potential users into the actual performance of their products.
It should be known that it is easy for the manufacturer to choose cheaper components, but which will be less tolerant during a use a little sustained or after a few years ... For example, the transformer sees its price fall if the it decreases the amount of windings it contains and / or the constituent (metal) of its son, but this necessarily results in a faster heating ...

* For identical functionality in terms of volts or amperes, it is not the number of windings that counts, but the ratio between the respective windings of the primary and secondary.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/11/17, 19:15

It's just right!

Maybe this deca post was manufactured before the standard was applied or in one country that applies another?

Obviously the deca are used rather in the countries of the east ... colder from where a standard with 20?
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 11/11/17, 20:21

No, it is the manufacturers who choose to apply the standard or not. All serious manufacturers are aligned, but on low-end products, the temptation is strong to be exempt, especially since they are aimed at amateurs little aware of these technical criteria.

Note: the coldest northern countries in winter are also the hottest in summer, continental climate obliges!
1 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 12/11/17, 00:34

Hello,
I think the techno has evaluated the maximum cascadable power compared to the characteristics of the power transistors.

Did it strengthen the weld of the breakout circuit that I had previously stressed, because the loss of power by joule effect at this point must lead to abnormal overconsumption?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/11/17, 02:03

izentrop wrote:Did it strengthen the weld of the breakout circuit that I had previously stressed, because the loss of power by joule effect at this point must lead to abnormal overconsumption?

+1
0 x