CIAT CAP Caléo 60H LOUD

And if they were repairing rather than throwing and change? Rediscover the pleasure of the repairs yourself. How to diagnose a problem or find spare parts? Repair itself is way to save money generally!
JLB29P
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

CIAT CAP Caléo 60H LOUD

by JLB29P » 12/03/11, 12:54

I am equipped with a PAC CIAT Caléo 60H mono since 2008

Side noise, it's unbearable, I leave you judge
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwL_Ffh3ewY
and very many interventions of the installer and the technical service of CIAT, the very small filter is often clogged and at each power failure the PAC refuses to restart as if the filter was clogged (alarm d3.0).
The only solution proposed: move the CAP to no longer hear the noise (which will cause complaints from neighboring 3), but nothing to remove the cause.
I made the mistake of accepting this model because on paper its sound level was lower than that of competitors!
We are in 2011, and the noise is still strong and especially below + 6 ° C.
The installer, he had made another mistake, the connection in rigid pipes, which caused significant vibration to tear the silent blocks.
Has anyone ever encountered this type of situation?
Thank you
0 x
Have quite big ambitions to not lose sight in pursuing them.
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 12/03/11, 13:28

At the noise, look inside the fan if it does not rub on something, metal, wire, animal, snail, or if its axis is well greased (put oil), or if it is well balanced, (eg deformed or missing blade), or missing rubber support.
Watch by distorting its support if the sound changes.
Turn it slowly or quickly by hand to see better.

In my opinion there is a big abnormal blunder and the installer is unable to solve a problem that he has not been taught or refuses to recognize his mistakes.

Look for clues as a detective, open to all possibilities.
0 x
JLB29P
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

CIAT CAP Caléo 60H LOUD

by JLB29P » 12/03/11, 17:35

https://www.econologie.com/forums/pac-ciat-c ... 10581.html

Indeed, the installer has made a big mistake, and does not want to see the cause and effect relationship, especially since the expert commissioned by the legal department of my insurance has rendered the same verdict as CIAT: "it is necessary move the CAP "(which is in the corner of 2 walls, which certainly does not attenuate the noise).
Curiously, it's since I threatened to put this recording on the Net and to advertise in local newspapers and newsletters, he reacts.
I have some experience of industrial air conditioners 40 years ago, at a time when they were much noisier, so it rejuvenates me!
There are two fans, and the beat at about 2Hz seems to me to result from the combination of two very close frequency noises. I had not thought of an imbalance of fans that seem in good condition, and made that sound from the start; that's why I had thought of a faulty machine.

What I find more curious is that the compressor makes a sound mixer but only when it restarts after several hours of inactivity (to 05H morning) and when the weather is cold (less than 6 or 7 ° C ).
What obviously none of the experts or technicians had the opportunity to hear, nor me to record because that's what wakes me up.
Thank you dedeleco for these suggestions.
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 12/03/11, 19:29

Noise of metal or scraping pebbles (concrete mixer) may indicate a problem of missing grease or dead bearing at startup in the compressor, the oil long to circulate at startup especially cold where it is viscous ?????
Or object that taps in the fan blades and takes time to move away after a lot of shocks ????
The sound can be a beat between the fans, at 50herz + -epsilon (a test slowing down a fan by plugging its air intake a few seconds, to slow it down and see the frequency increase), as well as something that rubs through ?

Given the deficiency, it is good to find a PAC of this brand that works well (in their store?) And use it as a reference to ask them to change everything, since it is to repair.
Insist that if this continues, all will see the brand Aqualis Caleo, the ecological alternative, on many posts and not only on econology!

A new PAC is not to be repaired by you !!

When dismounting, look carefully, if the fans do not rub or have a tool stroke on the blades. or lack of silentbloc, etc ... ??

Go to justice quickly after finding bailiff of all the facts, registered letter, with your insurance, to protect you from future misrepresentations with the report of bailiff, and errors in the report of your insurance expert, as I saw with my insurance on poor workmanship, and even my lawyer d insurance that did not write anything I asked and forgot parts because he had contracts with the insurance of my architect opponent!
The insurances take the same experts and lawyers who are very friendly and make mutual services, at least by recommending each other for work !!
0 x
JLB29P
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

CIAT CAP Caléo 60H LOUD

by JLB29P » 12/03/11, 20:30

I renounced to involve a bailiff, an acoustician that I contacted to make the measures that should have been incorporated in the report bailiff me pointing out that his performance (about 1000 €) did not ensure that the noise can be recorded if it occurs only in cold weather, and that 2 experts who intervened having the same diagnosis (move CAP), it would not advance me.
In addition, at no time did I have to sign a delivery note, received work so that I only have my word as proof of the many interventions, which justice can not be satisfied if it came there . What the heating engineer will not dare to challenge face to face, his lawyer would have nothing to wax.
My mistake was to pay the bill when the problem occurred at the start.
Naively I had counted on the professionalism of the heating engineer (having been myself a craftsman and attentive to the proper functioning of my products).
So I chose to put pressure on their wallet by threatening to participate in discrediting the installer by putting his incompetence in the public square. For the CIAT technician or rather his agency, I had to send a rather virulent letter to the CEO, the customer service or customer being unreachable ...
Your remarks are all relevant, and I inform the installer! my goal is not to restore the harm it has caused me, but to have a well functioning CAMP.
Thank you!
0 x
Exceed
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Re: PAC CIAT Caléo 60H NOISE

by Exceed » 26/03/11, 02:46

JLB29P wrote:.... many interventions of the installer and the technical service of CIAT ...

What did they do exactly?
There, you have a problem of imbalance of the ventilation part which vibrates the carcass of your pac, among other things, this problem can also cause by a too important difference between the quantity of incoming air and the quantity of pulsed air, in this case, it is a design defect, if it is not the case, replace the ventillos and check all the fixings and depreciation ... the technician seriously looks like a incapable like too much often !!!
The noise of the compressor unit must come from the group design even if the concrete mixer noise was immediate, so replace under warranty.

Good luck to you and your neighbors.
0 x
Respect !!!
JLB29P
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

CIAT CAP Caléo 60H LOUD

by JLB29P » 26/03/11, 09:43

The installer first had to redo his flexible pipe connection at the heat pump outlet, its rigid connection having vibrated the machine so much that it had torn off its silent blocks; then there were numerous interventions (alarm d3.0) for "blocked filter". It must be said that this filter (manufacturer) has nothing to do with those that are placed in a water inlet (about 1 liter), but is intermediate between the thimble and the coffee cup, poorly located and difficult to disassemble!
As the heated floor was installed by myself, and the central heating by the installer of the cap, it was difficult to claim that he alone was responsible, although I rinsed my PE pipes, and that I I have no proof that he has rinsed his (PE and copper so welds, borax etc).
Later he "discovered" that the volume of water was insufficient and added a buffer tank. Then the stops were rarer.
There were then anomalies (restart of the PAC without delay) while to my knowledge, a compressor should not restart before the pressure has rebalanced.
Here, the manufacturer intervened and changed a solenoid valve and electronic cards (without me getting a report) and highlighting that it was an exceptional commercial gesture, the installer did not subscribe to an extension of guarantee! (which is not the problem of the end customer).
CIAT also blamed me for the malfunction of the PAC, saying that if the grid voltage was insufficient, it damaged the electronics! Charge to me to prove the opposite!
It seems to be true that in Brittany and PACA, EDF operates load shedding during periods of high consumption (although EDF interviewed answers the opposite); but let's admit. I have worked in several electronics design offices, and most of the equipment is now protected against overvoltages but also against excessive brownouts by going out of service; the restart, depending on the type of device, being automatic or manual.
If what I have been told is true, there is a defect in design!
There are again stops at each voluntary or accidental power cut, and due to sludge deposits in the filter! Defogging is programmed, and will be done by the installer if he solves the noise problem, and by a competitor if he is unable.
When everything works well, this device is very nice and for the moment relatively economic, but here I played bad luck.
Thank you exceed for your intervention.
0 x
Exceed
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Re: PAC CIAT Caléo 60H NOISE

by Exceed » 26/03/11, 16:48

JLB29P wrote:
CIAT also blamed me for the malfunction of the PAC, saying that if the grid voltage was insufficient, it damaged the electronics! Charge to me to prove the opposite!

If the electronic part is fed, as very often, by a switching power supply, know that these can operate with a variable alternating voltage between 90 and 250V without difference on the secondary ... To damage the electronics by a network power too low, I've never seen this, never ... too strong, yes ... too weak no ... if too weak, the electronics work more point bar ... I'm really curious that they give me the example of an electronic component that could let go for a network voltage too low ... overwhelming incompetence!

There's nothing ... it saddens me so much to see this kind of story for a material, which at the base is certainly very good, but massacred by their great "Technician" of the installation ... And above all, it's never their fault ... really pros !!!
0 x
Respect !!!
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 27/03/11, 01:47

Totally agree with exceed, a shame, because when the EDF current is cut, for example after lightning off, or failure, the PAC must be designed to not fail with this unplanned shutdown and voltage becoming too weak then zero. !!

My PAC scam has withstood this many times !!

It is scary the bad time of some pros!

In any case nothing proves that you have insufficient mains voltage and you can not do anything!

I have the case elsewhere, because at the end of EDF long line, the voltage is low in the cold, all pumping the line before me and I can just turn the microwave oven alone (and again), not even the oven of cooking and luckily I warm myself to the wood !!

Given your list of cumulative errors, this is insufficient design.
0 x
JLB29P
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

CIAT CAP Caléo 60H LOUD

by JLB29P » 22/05/11, 20:21

After the noise problems
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwL_Ffh3ewY
Here are now those of the filter!
since the installation in 2008, the filter was blocked quite often; the service of CIAT moved several times, then it is the installer who took over.
As I still disagree with this installer who refuses to change this cap and proposed only to move it (so that the noise disturbs the neighbors and not ourselves), I asked another company to clean the floor heating , the heating system (radiators) and the circuit connecting the balloon and the heat pump.
In the house part, no sludge, but in the hoses connecting the cap and its water heater, several cm2 scales!
We thought that the inside of the hoses broke up, but these scales being attracted by a magnet, we think of enamel or metallic paint (not copper which is not magnetic)! some of these scales making about 5mmx5mm.
View of mesh garden screen 2mm.

No wonder the filter was clogged but more surprising than it did since installation!
Did I get a balloon whose coil was already breaking up? But what would paint or enamel do in a serpentine?
0 x