Multistage Pump Guinard: leak on the deck ...

And if they were repairing rather than throwing and change? Rediscover the pleasure of the repairs yourself. How to diagnose a problem or find spare parts? Repair itself is way to save money generally!
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/04/07, 10:32

ThierrySan wrote:Then, life of bearings, seals, mechanical seals ... Nothing to find!

During my various researches I thought I read (reminds me more or) a life of 2000 h for rolling it seems to me ... and it was professional pumps ...

ThierrySan wrote:To locate a little better your leak, can you tell us which side of the deck, it appears ... If it is in front, it is the O-ring (as I thought above). But if it is behind (engine side, along the tree), it will be rather like said Citro or André ...

Without a photo (she came back) it will be hard to explain. When it leaks the minimum it is at the pump body (so stainless steel side) or there is a small square hole for receiving a square nut fixing the body on the engine (there is 5 screw in all).

The leak increases with the pressure, so I am now almost certain that it is the Belloseal (the leak increases with the pressure because the spring must compress). I will call the company quoted by Citro above.
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 16/04/07, 10:53

For my 40 m2 sensors I use a central heating pump circulator at 3 speeds. In winter position (automatic emptying), I use the maximum power: 125 W. In summer position, sensors under pressure, therefore without automatic emptying, the minimum speed of 80 W is sufficient. No need to use a water pump too powerful.
The coolant storage tank is near the sensor base. The height difference between this tank and the top of the sensors is about 4 meters.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/04/07, 10:55

Bolt wrote:in terms of determining "the" right pump: must know the flow rate required for your installation as well as the pressure, and is self-priming necessary?

Yes it must be self-priming because the high level of the buffer is located about 1 m below the pump (by the way I do not understand pkoi it was not placed below the level ... it would have been a more security against empty running).

Bolt wrote:often the kind of pump your link never publishes hydraulic efficiency because it is poor, sometimes they just say "high hydraulic efficiency", so that is arguably one of the less poor

I think the pump body of this pump is the evolution of the model I have since it is the same brand and the shapes look like bcp (I even wonder if the pipes, at the level of construction ratings, suction and discharge are not identical). So a priori 2 pumps would have similar performance (after if you want to boost performance is like everything has to spend in the pro and the prices are flying ... I do not think it's worth it).

Bolt wrote:in the 4 or 5 m3 / h the yield hardly exceeds the 60% for a quality pump (4m3 / h at 4,5 bar is then mounted with an 1100 motor w)

60% this is a standard no?
The 3 Casto models seem to have the same pump body, only the motor changes (click on "next product"):

- Dorinox 4500K: 790W @ 149,00 € (the model that interests me)
- Dorinoxmatic 4000: 1000W @ 249,00 € (can be take the one because it will be a little less solicitée and has a security system lack of water, apparently such an electronic system is graftable on all pumps and is sold to share for about 80 €)
- Dorinoxmatic 5000: 1200W @ 359,90 €

Bolt wrote:if you do not need a lot of pressure, take a pump as a result otherwise it's as if you use your car staying in 1ere accelerated thoroughly: hello energy consumption

Well I especially wanted to take the pump which most resembled the existing pump (700W) ... I guess the designer "thought" about the question right?

Bolt wrote:a good 4 pump m3 / h at 1,8 bar is mounted with a 370 w motor

Yes but unicellular ... and the advantage (among others) multicellular is a quieter operation. But the pump being located in the cellar it should be as quiet as possible.

Bolt wrote:on the other hand, the weaker the engine, at least it has a good electrical performance compared to the work provided, but a small engine will always consume less than a big one

bolt

Yes, but it will be more solicited ... with the consequences on its lifetime. Especially that ON / OFF will be common and as ThierrySan said it is the heel of achile engines.

Good as you were nice I made you share a whole 1ere photo of the installation:

ps: I let you think about the operation (well it would be too easy if I gave you the legend : Mrgreen: ). The solar pump topic of this topic is at the top left.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/04/07, 10:58

Cuicui wrote:For my 40 m2 sensors I use a central heating pump circulator at 3 speeds. In winter position (automatic emptying), I use the maximum power: 125 W. In summer position, sensors under pressure, therefore without automatic emptying, the minimum speed of 80 W is sufficient. No need to use a water pump too powerful.
The coolant storage tank is near the sensor base. The height difference between this tank and the top of the sensors is about 4 meters.

1) How do you do in the winter to boot? The circulator is below the buffer level so I guess?

2) For the summer operation have you set up a "safety" in the event of night frost (which can happen until the end of June ...)? It would be good if we compare the diagrams of our installations ...

3) On my circuit, I have to go up to 12m (about 45 °).
0 x
ThierrySan
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by ThierrySan » 16/04/07, 12:16

Cawendioch, there's a lot of people in there ... are you there ?!

Circulators are exclusively used in closed circuit: they do not know how to manage the pressure, only the flow, as explained above. As Citro pointed out, the flow of hot water is related to the calorie yields (taken and donated) to the facilities.
Therefore, for Cuicui, as for the heating circuit Chris (I see one on your photo), you necessarily have a closed circuit.

Plus, Chris, I never told you that the Achilles heel of the electric motors were the ON / OFF cyles. I just said that the element of electric pumps that gives us the life cycle of ON / OFF is the electric motor ...
If your electric motor is an asynchronous motor with short-circuit rotor (squirrel cage type), you can do as many cycles ON / OFF in its nominal range that you want, it will not use it even mechanically, since they do not have brooms ...
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Machine_asynchrone
http://sitelec.free.fr/cours/asynchrone.pdf

I think that pumps use this kind of engine for their non-existent maintenance. Today, we can even regulate them, which greatly facilitates their use. Thus, their fields of application is very extensive today.
Maybe you should look at what you can do with your application, so that the operation of the pump is even more relevant to your needs! Attention to the price!

It would be better for you to explain a little how your installation works ... : Mrgreen: Because I still do not see what is the use of your pump and your balloon ... Would it be a mounting booster ?! Can you take a picture closer to the pump ?! : Cheesy:

Small note apart: your installation is not in conformity! Junction boxes and electrical panels are to be banished under water pipes ... In addition, it should avoid running your electrical cables on the pipe!
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 16/04/07, 12:29

Christophe wrote:1) How do you do in the winter to boot? The circulator is below the buffer level so I guess?
2) For the summer operation have you set up a "safety" in the event of night frost (which can happen until the end of June ...)? It would be good if we compare the diagrams of our installations ...
3) On my circuit, I have to go up to 12m (about 45 °).

I use a circulator like the one (red-pink) that we see on your photo. It is located 3,5 meters below the tank, so it is always filled as it should, no problem booting.
I placed the tank as close as possible to the base of the sensors (it is hooked to the ceiling of the room under the roof) to reduce the work of the circulator.
Currently, the system works in winter position, so with 125 W and very little pressure. The pool is at 30 °!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/04/07, 12:48

ThierrySan wrote:Cawendioch, there's a lot of people in there ... are you there ?!

After a few hours face to face very calm yes I managed to identify the different pipes and valves ... the "notice" provided was limited to a double-sided A4 legend written by hand.

ThierrySan wrote:Therefore, for Cuicui, as for the heating circuit Chris (I see one on your photo), you necessarily have a closed circuit.

Not the circulator on the picture is that of the heated floors (the grundfos of the photo was HS and has already been replaced by a new ...), as the 1er black box with the dial: it would handle the floor heating (because it is more or less HS). The 4 E / S solenoid valve (gray box) is also exclusively used for heating ... although it is connected to the thermal buffer.

ThierrySan wrote:It would be better for you to explain a little how your installation works ... : Mrgreen: Because I still do not see what is the use of your pump and your balloon ... Would it be a mounting booster ?! Can you take a picture closer to the pump ?! : Cheesy:

Nah not yet ... I'll let you think a little more :D :D (and as long as I have not put in operation the solar it would have little interest to explain everything in detail and then I still have to make a nice diagram ...)

ThierrySan wrote:Small note apart: your installation is not in conformity! Junction boxes and electrical panels are to be banished under water pipes ... In addition, it should avoid running your electrical cables on the pipe!

Well it's homemade from 20 years ago ... I would "secure" everything when I have determined what still works and more ... but the whole is protected by 2 circuit breakers (a 30 and a 300 ) on the opposite wall (with no pipe above) if that can reassure you. : Cheesy:
Last edited by Christophe the 16 / 04 / 07, 13: 19, 1 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/04/07, 13:04

Uh, there's something I do not understand ...

I calculated the theoretical flow rate of my pump by taking a global pumping efficiency of 0,6, a height of 12m (max measured pressure) and an electric power of 700W.

I apply the formula that goes well: P electric = Flow * Height * g * (fluid density) / (pump efficiency) and I reached a flow of 12,84 m3 / h.

Now the new pump is given for a MAX flow (so with H = minimum) 4 m3 / h while it is 790W ...

See datasheet

Maximum flow low pressure (in liters per hour): 4000
Flow rate at 10 m height: 4000
Flow rate at 20 m height: 3300
Flow rate at 30 m height: 2300
Flow rate at 40 m height: 1000

Am I wrong or this new pump is more than crappy? : Shock:
Last edited by Christophe the 13 / 05 / 09, 14: 06, 1 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/04/07, 13:15

Cuicui wrote:I use a circulator like the one (red-pink) that we see on your photo. It is located 3,5 meters below the tank, so it is always filled as it should, no problem booting.

Uh pkoi is it so low? Normally at the base of the buffer tank would that be enough? It's a question of access (and electrical connections?)?

Regarding me, it will be very difficult to move the pump, not that this is impossible mechanically but all the connections to the buffer are made from the "top": the sides being waterproof concrete (no idea of ​​the technical name) and the bottom of the buffer = placed on the ground ...

Cuicui wrote:Currently, the system works in winter position, so with 125 W and very little pressure. The pool is at 30 °!

30 ° C waw it's well sized installation! :) Is it an indoor or outdoor pool?

ps: you have not read my last private message you will understand pkoi it is very difficult to intervene on the buffer...
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 16/04/07, 15:54

If I may... : Evil:
When you pose a problem or make answers or clarifications, do them, completely.
This will save time and messages.
---
I guess the installation of Cuicui is in a closed circuit, when in operation operation of the solar panels.
So a circulator is enough.
For the height, in closed circuit, it is not a problem; some buildings have a multi-storey heating circuit, as long as it has been purged of air.

For light frost until June, I do not think that's a problem. The circulating water does not freeze right away. moreover, it goes inside and warms up ... :D
In addition, the water may be alcoholic or glycolated.

In case of significant freezing, Cuicui (which uses pure water without glycol adjuvant), has an automatic emptying system, which therefore empties the solar circuit that can be damaged.
In a tank or sewer (?). To fill it, it puts back the pressure of the domestic water supply, or a lifting pump. When the circuit is full, it is closed, and the circulator is enough ...
----
ChristopheYou already have the answer, if your flight is next engine or elsewhere, and remove everything quickly, to clarify what is involved, and specify the type of joint, and the dimensions and the diameter of the shaft . At this point the members equipped solution :D , You arrive quickly.
Similarly, there are well marked reference or label on your pump, not shown Dorinox home Casto.

If you use this pump,
this pump will only be used for filling the circuit.
Or, as you said for watering your garden plantations, from a spring.
0 x