How to Repair a 12V battery charger?

And if they were repairing rather than throwing and change? Rediscover the pleasure of the repairs yourself. How to diagnose a problem or find spare parts? Repair itself is way to save money generally!
plaed
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Re: How to repair a 12V battery charger?

by plaed » 08/04/22, 21:42

gegyx wrote:It is a space rt 2.2 l of 96, the battery is consistent.

after 12 o'clock, there were 13 and something... But after the long start, this should no longer be the case :D

No it's just the suspicion of the state of the battery following a discharge at 4.. V and the damn vumeter which did not drop below 4A

Generally at the end of the charge it approaches 2V minus

I never disassembled the machine out of curiosity because it works and there are pop rivets all over the cover. so ...

Indeed it is a battery of the order of 65A/h -570 EN, therefore undoubtedly, an insufficient charge.

Without being the least expert in the world, I have already had to charge for much longer than 12 hours to achieve a full charge (but I had not taken any measures before starting the charge).

Good luck, and... sorry for the scoumoune caused by my subject!!! : Mrgreen:
1 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 09/04/22, 02:21

plaede wrote:My multi seems to be of French production, and claim an accuracy of 0,5% for the tensions (photos attached)
It seems indeed more precise than mine on a signal that is not purely DC or AC 50 Hz, but it is not a "TRUE RMS" either. https://www.promax.fr/fra/actualites/56 ... fferences/
plaede wrote: I have already had to charge for much longer than 12 hours to achieve a full charge (but I had not taken any measures before starting the charge).
This isn't necessary with a quality charger that won't overcharge the battery.
On the other hand, it is necessary to remove the plugs, top up with demineralized water and carry out the charge in a ventilated room, because of the production of hydrogen and oxygen by electrolysis, the mixture of which can be explosive.
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 25/04/22, 11:17

Following the conversation, I was able to measure that my old charger could deliver more than 17V and screw up a battery if the end of charge is not monitored with a multimeter.
I ordered this mod XH-M601 around €2 when I ordered it.
I installed it and it works.
After adjustment, the charger is disconnected as soon as the battery voltage reaches 14 to 14.5 V.

On the photo, the already charged battery is connected, we see the red light of the module lit.

As soon as I connect the mains socket, the ammeter of the charger deviates and the voltage at the terminals of the battery increases quite quickly and as soon as the maximum threshold voltage is reached, the light goes out, the module relay cuts off the power supply charger sector.
It will be necessary to disconnect the battery again before initiating a new charge.
Attachments
Improved Loader.jpg
Improved charger.jpg (158.59 KiB) Viewed 2481 times
2 x