Fridge Liebherr IKS250 is cold but stops after 10mn

And if they were repairing rather than throwing and change? Rediscover the pleasure of the repairs yourself. How to diagnose a problem or find spare parts? Repair itself is way to save money generally!
bleusideral
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Fridge Liebherr IKS250 is cold but stops after 10mn

by bleusideral » 05/05/19, 15:51

Hello,
I have a Liebherr IKS250 fridge whose compressor stops after ten minutes, during this time it is cold in the compartments. I unplug it / plug it back in or M / A at irregular intervals, and each time it restarts for the same duration, after 6-7 attempts, I manage to obtain the desired T °: -20 ° freezer / 4 ° fridge. There is an electronic card with display which does not indicate faults such as "F0 --- F9"
What can this come from?
Thank you in advance !
0 x
A gesture more econological econological a gesture and it is the planet that will suffer more!
dede2002
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Re: fridge is cold but stops after 10mn

by dede2002 » 06/05/19, 12:40

Hello,

It is probably the overcurrent thermal circuit breaker that trips, but you have to know why. Is the starter relay still in the start position? The intensity of the current consumed should be measured.

What are the possible faults F0 ... F9?
0 x
bleusideral
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Re: fridge is cold but stops after 10mn

by bleusideral » 06/05/19, 14:32

thank you for this information, I will study this! Although, as soon as the engine stops, I do M / A immediately or after a few minutes, it leaves immediately!

the error codes are indicated by the manufacturer and are likely to display on the small control screen!

0 x
A gesture more econological econological a gesture and it is the planet that will suffer more!
Christophe

Re: Fridge Liebherr IKS250 is cold but stops after 10mn

by Christophe » 06/05/19, 16:50

Yes I also see that the thermal ... that goes back to neutral when you unplug and reconnect ... Does the ambient temperature play in the problem?

Maybe the thermal has become too sensitive?

See if you can shunt it to start to see if this solves the problem?
0 x
bleusideral
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by bleusideral » 06/05/19, 19:52

Ok, thank you Christophe, where can I find this creature and what does it look like? : Shock:
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 07/05/19, 00:43

Hello,
If the klixon trips, it is probably that the compressor is HS and heats up abnormally. It is a component that is in direct contact on the engine of the group.
This video shows a very old group model, but it can be completely different on your fridge.
1 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 07/05/19, 01:23

bleusideral wrote:Although, as soon as the engine stops, I do M / A immediately or after a few minutes, it leaves immediately!
In this case, there is little chance that it is the klixon.
Electronic card or probe? You will probably find help in this forum https://forums.futura-sciences.com/sear ... d=22877486 giving the exact reference of your fridge.
0 x
bleusideral
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by bleusideral » 07/05/19, 07:10

Thank you, I already posted my request on this site, but no concrete answer for the moment, I remain patient!
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 09/05/19, 00:14

You can already look for identical breakdowns like here https://forums.futura-sciences.com/depa ... iston.html

The klixon has 2 modes of operation: security if over current as Dede2002 has already proposed. The power of the group is indicated on the rating plate. So you can deduce the current and measure it with an ammeter.
If you have a consumption meter or energy meter, you can check the consumption directly.
The second mode is the shutdown in case of overheating of the engine. So you can check if the engine heats up abnormally.

In case 2: overconsumption or overheating, the group would be incriminated. ;)
0 x
bleusideral
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by bleusideral » 09/05/19, 09:17

Thanks for the answers !
On the card it is indicated 1,2A which gives about 270W
The engine does not heat, barely warm and produces cold quickly ...
He find me a measure of conso, good idea I must have it in a corner ...
I dismounted yesterday the control board, bypassed the triac output and the engine runs well without stopping.
I would not change the card (160 €) but I intend to install a digital thermostat + new probe in 12V
because I want to run it on a converter in a motorhome.
Only problem is the starting intensity, with a 300 / 600W pseudo sinus it does not work, it's another question but how to limit the starting current of the compressor?
0 x