Can we repair the CFL?

And if they were repairing rather than throwing and change? Rediscover the pleasure of the repairs yourself. How to diagnose a problem or find spare parts? Repair itself is way to save money generally!
Christophe

by Christophe » 03/12/07, 14:05

Chatham wrote:Currently I use osram "daylight" lamps purchased from an electrical engineering wholesaler because they are not available to the general public: very satisfactory in all respects (except pale light when switched on), pleasant sunlight (these lamps must be chosen more powerful than the "yellow" lamps otherwise it is not pleasant).

Not available? Is that so? However MegaMan offers several models including the following 2:
economic and LED bulbs

If Megaman is less known than Osram or Phillips, their range of bulbs is more varied and the quality and durability of the Ingenium models is good (the Ingenium technology was jointly developed with Phillips).

Chatham wrote:LED lamps are not at all interesting at the moment (very poor light / congestion / price ratio and very average performance)
White LEDs consume as much if not more than a compact fluorescent lamp with equal luminous flux. On the other hand, LEDs are interesting for small light points or boat lights for example (red LEDs are those that have the best performance) ...

Exactly, you completely agree with our opinions, see our latest tests with luxuries: https://www.econologie.com/forums/comparatif ... t4009.html
0 x
Chatham
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Chatham » 03/12/07, 16:47

Christophe wrote:
Not available? Is that so? However MegaMan offers several models including the following 2:
economic and LED bulbs

If Megaman is less known than Osram or Phillips, their range of bulbs is more varied and the quality and durability of the Ingenium models is good (the Ingenium technology was jointly developed with Phillips).

Ok for Mégaman, but I have never seen the slightest bulb of this brand in supermarkets, nor even at my wholesaler, moreover, I forgot to specify that my fluorescent lamp daylight is a 27w (also exists in 30w), because replacing an incandescent 100w with a daylight of 23w (equivalent flux) gives unpleasant lighting ...
Note that I have never seen a daylight lamp in supermarkets, classic or bricotruc: it is still confidential ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 03/12/07, 16:56

Not all wholesalers can offer the best light bulbs in the world :D You have to come to "us" :D

I do not agree on the power ... 23W is already a very important power for fluorescent.

In 30W Megaman has this model but it is "only" in 4000 ° K:
https://www.econologie.com/shop/megaman- ... -p-90.html

It also exists in 6500 ° K but it is not offered because it is not Ingenium.
0 x
Chatham
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Chatham » 05/12/07, 18:09

Christophe wrote:Not all wholesalers can offer the best light bulbs in the world :D You have to come to "us" :D

I do not agree on the power ... 23W is already a very important power for fluorescent.

Perhaps the best in the world, but lack of a quantitative comparison ...

To produce the brightness of a high-end incandescent 100w (krypton) you need a compact fluorescent of at least 21w (Phillips or Osram), the "cheap" brands are even 23w ...
20w = 100w incandescent ok only if it is an incandescent 1st price! ...

The 6500k lighting is very unpleasant (and totally ineffective for light therapy) if it is too weak, while the yellow lighting remains acceptable even when it is a little weak ...

there are daylight compact fluorescents up to 40w (sunny lifelite), but it's cammelotte (I tried: burnt electronics after ~ 20h of operation: I opened it to see where the fault came from ... made in china ...
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 05/12/07, 23:08

: Shock: Today the theme of the show Public service on France Inter was: Wednesday December 5, 2007
Mobile phone, wifi and low-energy light bulb: should we be afraid of these everyday objects?

They said that low-energy light bulbs (CFLs) emit a large amount of harmful waves! :!:

They said that the standard was 5v / m (I think) and that most emitted much more, up to 20v / m! : Shock:

The reason is as follows: to operate they have a ballast generating a strong electromagnetic field (very harmful) and their compact and economical construction skips the shielding of this ballast!

Faced with the concerns of my wife who asks me what it is with us, I wish:
1 / measure the emissions of my bulbs
2 / select the least harmful products in this area

What to measure with? :?:

I podcast this program (50Mo) if you feel like it ...
0 x
iso14000
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by iso14000 » 09/12/07, 11:43

to measure an EM (electromagnetic) field you need a ... champmetre (!) still you have to choose the frequency band you want: most analyzes go from 100Khz to 2 Ghz.
Already with a range of 800Mhz to 2Ghz we can get an idea of ​​the field with wifi, DECT GSM

tell your wife to beware of her microwave oven because they are all leaking!

if not there is a small champmetre on sale on the site of the review Elekor: ideal to reassure oneself or to put oneself in fright!
0 x
iso14000
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by iso14000 » 09/12/07, 13:20

a small precision :
if you want to make an electric field of 20V per meter; Connect a 12V battery to two copper plates spaced 60cm apart, the E field which will reign between will be 12 / 0.6 = 20V / m
not very harmful.

Now with a 1Ghz generator .... it's not the same!

know that the car computers (ABS ignition) are tested with fields of .... 200V / m from 20Mhz to 2Ghz!

A+
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/12/07, 13:33

citro wrote:Faced with the concerns of my wife who asks me what it is with us, I wish:
1 / measure the emissions of my bulbs
2 / select the least harmful products in this area

1) The subject has already been mentioned here: https://www.econologie.com/forums/les-lampes ... 09-20.html

This field is limited to 1 m around the bulb, so nothing to panic ... see 3)

2) Yes the program would be interesting, if you could recompress it so that it is less than 10 MB (or cut the less interesting parts)

3) Fluorescent bulbs have been around for more than 15 years. Neon lights for 80 years and tens of billions of hours of work have been spent in neon lights) apparently without consequences for workers' health ... so How do these studies come out only today?

I guess there are commercial issues behind ... but I don't know which ones. Perhaps, those of the manufacturers of conventional or halogen bulbs in order to counter upcoming measures (2009, 2010?) Aimed at reducing or banning their sale?

For GSM for example, there have been controversies and studies since their appearance for the general public, I am therefore follows therefore convinced that they are much more harmful... I'm not even talking about bluotooth and wifi, 3G, internet on GSM, microwaves whose radiation is persistent in food etc etc ... have wifi at home (or have that of its many neighbors ...) whose radiation is omnipresent, use the crononde and on the other hand fear for compact fluorescents whose radiation is limited around the source, it's a little paradoxical isn't it?

You have to be a little consistent in your life choices.

4) For measurement, high-performance equipment costs several thousand euros, as with all equipment measuring EM waves, the notion of frequency range of measurement is essential. There are led scale "gadget" sensors but they only give a vague idea (because they only measure on a reduced frequency range) ...

Keeping this in mind, I found the report of a measure that I had requested in 2002 from Bougygues because of the antenna opposite our home. If it interests the world, I could scan the most interesting pages?
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 09/12/07, 16:42

Christophe wrote:This field is limited to 1 m around the bulb, so nothing to panic ...

Well in fact, it is precisely because my son reads in bed or does his homework within 30cm of these bulbs ...

According to the speech given during the show, they seemed to say that children's brain cells are very fragile and that certain waves would make cell membranes "permeable" so more risk of triggering brain tumors ... they talked about glioma ...:frown:

I podcast the program which weighs 49MB but do not know how to manipulate and compress audio files ... : Cry:
0 x
julier
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by julier » 09/12/07, 17:17

citro wrote:Well in fact, it is precisely because my son reads in bed or does his homework within 30cm of these bulbs ...

Some clever little ones mix the V / m corresponding to an electromagnetic wave (and corresponding to a power flow of E² × epsilon_0 × c, in W / m², if E the effective field in V / m), and the corresponding V / m to a quasi-static electric field (because at 50 Hz) which carries almost no energy. In this regard, when you are outside, you receive a static field of 100V / m when the weather is nice, up to 10000V / m when a thunderstorm is going to catch. At these field levels, if it were electromagnetic waves, you would be dead!

So it is true that a conventional installation produces a quasi-static field, because between the neutral wire and the phase wire, it looks almost like a 110V wire, with a field which diverges from this wire. We can avoid this by putting a shield connected to the ground around each wire, but that does not have any interest.

On the other hand, I note that when I use a microwave oven, the table which is in front of the door starts to heat: that it is a beam of microwaves, much more dangerous!

Similarly, if I phone the cell phone for a few minutes from my apartment (in reinforced concrete), my head gets hot: not good at all!

Lamps, like the rest, are subject to electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) standards. These are very restrictive standards, because long before having a level which could have the slightest harmfulness, a device could emit waves which disturb radio communications. The level for consumer equipment is extremely low (15 times lower than for industrial equipment for example).

Chinese lamps are subject to it like the rest, however it sometimes happens that the Chinese remove components (capacitors, or sometimes inductive filters) allowing compliance with EMC standards. This is safe for the user, but it is bad for society because it disrupts telecommunications (in the same way as an electric motor without interference suppression). If the radio is jammed when you turn on the light, the lamp certainly does not meet the EMC standard.

Mobile phones are not subject to the same standards as they are equipment designed to emit electromagnetic waves. Neither are microwave ovens because the frequency is much higher than that defined by conventional EMC standards. And the fact that an oven is not dangerous at the time of the test does not mean that the doors will be airtight on all copies, or that they will remain so after a few years.
0 x

Back to "failure, troubleshooting and repair: repair yourself? "