Pellet boiler PONSAST KP12, settings

And if they were repairing rather than throwing and change? Rediscover the pleasure of the repairs yourself. How to diagnose a problem or find spare parts? Repair itself is way to save money generally!
jonckheeralain
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Pellet boiler PONSAST KP12, settings

by jonckheeralain » 13/03/16, 18:40

hello, I have a PONAST KP 12 brand boiler, when I am in equitherme mode. I have smoke coming out of the silo. When I return to AUTO mode everything is normal. EQUITHERME mode is normally intended for savings. Is there someone who can tell me why?
Is there a bad representation of the parameters?

Thank you for your answers
0 x
OlivierD
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Re: PONSAST KP12 pellet boiler, settings

by OlivierD » 22/10/16, 00:33

Good evening
if you have installed, see your installer, if you installed yourself and you know enough about the operation and the necessary settings, you must be able to adjust, otherwise bring in a pro who will know.

Do not forget that adjusting a device that you do not know, especially a heater that consumes is impossible mission if you are not there (training, experience).
olive
0 x
700W of PV in autoconso with tignous router ...
Permaculture cannot be improvised in 15 days, let's listen to Arthur Keller, and let's not forget to vote for the program that best defends our interests!
Did67

by Did67 » 23/10/16, 10:22

I think you have to be very careful: if smoke comes out of the silo, it is because the draft is not good, the ventilation probably insufficient ...

Among the "fumes", there is a very harmful gas: carbon monoxide. Colorless, odorless, it kills every year in France, following improperly adjusted heating appliances, with insufficient draft (especially gas boilers installed in apartments). Do an internet search and you will be edified.

It's hard to say what is the cause, on these fairly rustic "low-cost" boilers (but not expensive, compared to high-end boilers fitted with safety devices, but twice as expensive!)
0 x
elcbzh
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by elcbzh » 25/11/20, 23:18

jonckheeralain wrote:hello, I have a PONAST KP 12 brand boiler, when I am in equitherme mode. I have smoke coming out of the silo. When I return to AUTO mode everything is normal. EQUITHERME mode is normally intended for savings. Is there someone who can tell me why?

Hello jonckheeralain,

Forgive me for the up of an old topic.
I have a problem very similar to yours but on a KP11.

Many heating engineers have passed by and have made various attempts at repairs, parts have been changed (resistors, electronic card, flexible ...), maintenance well done. But nothing helps. It's a hassle, we despair. It is a very good boiler and it is in very good condition but a small detail escapes us and it is not our job. This is played out in a small detail, for sure.

Recently it showed screw 1 blocked (which we have unblocked several times and re-cleaned). Then she would start to smoke like you and stop overheating> 95 ° (surprising because the water temperature was well set to 60 ° which is common), following a cleaning she has not displayed this message since. Today it starts up and runs for two or three hours (which it hasn't done for a long time), but after about 3 hours it starts to smoke everywhere.

Obviously the smoke goes the opposite way, it comes out of the hopper and the hose between the screws, as if the smoke could not flow in the right direction or to be evacuated (whereas for a few hours, yes! And before for a few years , if !). So smoky room and we shut down the boiler before it becomes dangerous. Second similar test but we dare not touch it anymore. The last two heating engineers speak of an insufficient draft, but it has operated for several years without any draft problems. Our chimney flue is not very high (admittedly not above the party), but it worked great before and we even added an extractor / vacuum to the end.

We wonder about a possible bad electronic parameterization.
While browsing the internet I could see discussions about various and varied settings: heating / power curves? Temperatures? Screw speed relative to each other? Fan? (Ours is in good condition and runs, but does it run properly?) The repairers who came to work on our boiler did not address these questions and do not seem to want to look into them.

So if you've had any answers since 2016, I'm a taker please ... :(

The heating engineer who comes to my house these days inspires me confidence, I find him connoisseur, professional and dedicated, especially about pellet / pellet boilers. However, I am convinced that it is easy to play and that we need an expert in ponast or even in KP models, connoisseur of settings and electronic adjustments to solve our problem.

Thank you very much for the help you can give me.

(I allow myself to make this little cry for help in another subject which is similar to this one with other authors if the moderators allow me)

Kenavo
1 x
Doudou22
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Doudou22 » 12/09/21, 12:01

elcbzh wrote:
jonckheeralain wrote:hello, I have a PONAST KP 12 brand boiler, when I am in equitherme mode. I have smoke coming out of the silo. When I return to AUTO mode everything is normal. EQUITHERME mode is normally intended for savings. Is there someone who can tell me why?

Hello jonckheeralain,

Forgive me for the up of an old topic.
I have a problem very similar to yours but on a KP11.

Many heating engineers have passed by and have made various attempts at repairs, parts have been changed (resistors, electronic card, flexible ...), maintenance well done. But nothing helps. It's a hassle, we despair. It is a very good boiler and it is in very good condition but a small detail escapes us and it is not our job. This is played out in a small detail, for sure.

Recently it showed screw 1 blocked (which we have unblocked several times and re-cleaned). Then she would start to smoke like you and stop overheating> 95 ° (surprising because the water temperature was well set to 60 ° which is common), following a cleaning she has not displayed this message since. Today it starts up and runs for two or three hours (which it hasn't done for a long time), but after about 3 hours it starts to smoke everywhere.

Obviously the smoke goes the opposite way, it comes out of the hopper and the hose between the screws, as if the smoke could not flow in the right direction or to be evacuated (whereas for a few hours, yes! And before for a few years , if !). So smoky room and we shut down the boiler before it becomes dangerous. Second similar test but we dare not touch it anymore. The last two heating engineers speak of an insufficient draft, but it has operated for several years without any draft problems. Our chimney flue is not very high (admittedly not above the party), but it worked great before and we even added an extractor / vacuum to the end.

We wonder about a possible bad electronic parameterization.
While browsing the internet I could see discussions about various and varied settings: heating / power curves? Temperatures? Screw speed relative to each other? Fan? (Ours is in good condition and runs, but does it run properly?) The repairers who came to work on our boiler did not address these questions and do not seem to want to look into them.

So if you've had any answers since 2016, I'm a taker please ... :(

The heating engineer who comes to my house these days inspires me confidence, I find him connoisseur, professional and dedicated, especially about pellet / pellet boilers. However, I am convinced that it is easy to play and that we need an expert in ponast or even in KP models, connoisseur of settings and electronic adjustments to solve our problem.

Thank you very much for the help you can give me.

(I allow myself to make this little cry for help in another subject which is similar to this one with other authors if the moderators allow me)

Kenavo

Remove your screw on the boiler and see if your fireplace is not in a hurry! Or in the pellet descent you will find a small hole that joins the fan and check if it is not blocked.
1 x