OBD: erasing errors trip computer after repairs on all brands!

And if they were repairing rather than throwing and change? Rediscover the pleasure of the repairs yourself. How to diagnose a problem or find spare parts? Repair itself is way to save money generally!
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: OBD: erasing errors trip computer after repairs on all brands!

by Obamot » 29/05/16, 18:21

I have the WiFi model (and do not recommend Bluetooth)

image.jpeg

And here are my OBDII "App" for iOS, all "free" (except one) see from the 2nd line of icons:
("Surface level" and "Surface Gold" are not, Plug & drive with the ELM327, is another type of GPS road-map keg application)
image.png

I usually ride with Japanese, mainly Toyota / Lexus // Daihatsu ..

I like iOBD + 'DTC search', two complementary App. The second opens access to DTCs (extended error codes):

image.png

Of course it is possible to reset the faults, but in addition 'DTC search' 'gives you every time the details of the faults (not too tested on European)

image.png

To complete, there is "DTCs Fix Pro", which tells you how to fix an error code, giving almost every possible trail of causes of failures (and it costs only 3 € without claiming that it fixes everything. , I know mechanics who use it)

image.png

In fact it's more for fun and because I ride on the E85 with non-flex-fuel vehicles (because since 1999, I have not had a breakdown with a jap, except the brake master cylinder on a Honda had 250'000 and ended folded in an accident (while parked éteit) which I Vallue repayment 4'000 roros insurance, while had paid 500.- I was not complaining : Mrgreen:
1 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 01/06/16, 13:30

Ok thank you for the info.

Is the Wifi version more powerful (at the soft compatibility level) than Bluetooth? Visibly you have found more interesting applications than me (or is it that there are more powerful under iOs than on Android?).

The one I liked was TORQUE to have the engine info in real time (during 1 or 2h on the free version). I had tested EOBD-Easy and iOBD2 but nothing to do with interesting ... after that depends on the car brands too. As I said, some are slimmer than others ...
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 01/06/16, 14:32

No idea, I do not remember anymore.
I always proceed first in first out with the so-called funnel method. So as soon as there is negative feedback (relevant arguments) on a product / service twice in a row, I don't take it if I find better elsewhere .... This is why I had not taken Bluetooth. Was it the number of apps available or not ... for the price difference (none) I didn't take long to decide (the WiFi bandwidth is much wider than Bluetooth, so those who make applications pushed in real time, will orient themselves "naturally" towards WiFi). And I had no choice either, since I only have iOS!

Torque looks pretty, he is especially famous for his design? An equivalent Torque Pro exists perhaps under iOS, it seems to me. An answer here:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1013773

But I did not try. And between us, the design of the interface I have absolutely nothing to f ... as the app is powerful.

Now I'm not claiming that the iOS solution can compete with the € 30k suitcase (I don't think so) but that's not what I'm asking. What I want is to be able to repair / maintain what I can do myself (ie pretty much all of the "normal wear" maintenance), and clear the error codes (I have no intention of going to the dealership to do the 10 km service, or change the ABS sensor, the alternator or the catalytic converter: they can always go scratching ...)
And I do not do the boring stuff like changing a muffler or steering knuckles, the stuff you have to heat like a sick person to take out, no thanks. It does not cost anything to do at Euromaster, Feu Vert, Midas, Roady or Speedy (which sometimes accept that we come with his own parts, as required by a European regulation, mebon, I do not insist too much ... if it is so good ... otherwise I go elsewhere) especially if we are not too impatient, there are always interesting actions!
1 x
lilian07
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by lilian07 » 01/06/16, 17:49

At the beginning of this post I indicated the use of the Soft ELM 327 which was provided to me with the purchase of the OBD2 USB socket to erase the codes.

I arrive with the Soft ELM to erase the error codes on 3 car types (BMW / AUdi and Fiat) and record real-time engine data.
Would there be slanted versions of the same app or functions not available with the ODB in radio see according to the car?
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 01/06/16, 18:26

I do not know Lilian, I do not think O_ ° but as in principle a lot of smartphones and tablets are WiFi, the interface is already there, there's nothing to pay, so why not take WiFi ...

In addition, laptops do not always have a USB connection "usable for data transfer", do you know? (Apple, at the origin of WiFi, had locked the handset, which means that we will end up with "a niche solution", not necessarily updated all the time ...) which means that 8x / 10 that would require carrying around with a laptop!

Wow, it gets heavy, the softs are quite expensive on PC too (on tablet / smartphone it's just a few francs ...) the PC must buy it and renew it, the smartphone / tablet does not cost more that its subscription Itinebouygues that we must pay anyway ... In short USB, nan, nan, it would not be for me. Although .... but then I would have to open a garage? :-)
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 01/06/16, 18:48

I do not know if it has changed since, but wifi models were only compatible with ios
and compatible bluetooth models that android
It's not a question of bandwidth, it's just that once again apple does not meet standards.
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 01/06/16, 19:03

Yes as usual ... and more standards they have created themselves, shame!
I had been bitched, they had paid back half of my tablet ....

In fact, Bluetooth looks less locked and licenses may be cheaper, my guess ...
But hey, App side I did not notice anything special, it was tangent there are still two or three years, there with the iPad air it works.
0 x
gildas
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by gildas » 18/12/19, 10:26

I have iobd, there is an interesting function where you can select a speed limit, I selected 80 km hours, It sounds as if you received a Message
1 x

Back to "failure, troubleshooting and repair: repair yourself? "