OBD: erasing errors trip computer after repairs on all brands!

And if they were repairing rather than throwing and change? Rediscover the pleasure of the repairs yourself. How to diagnose a problem or find spare parts? Repair itself is way to save money generally!
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: OBD: erasing errors trip computer after repairs on all brands!

by Macro » 09/03/16, 15:11

Well if you paid the bill ... He must give you the result of what he did ... He does not own the work for which you pay ...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 09/03/16, 15:36

And frankly .... I just questioned my crystal ball (it says by dint of rubbing it is a bit frosted and especially oily) and it tells me either one of the two sensors (camshaft or base boots) or an injector that stays open ...

For sensors well you have to dismantle them and test them at the ohmmeter (that said they can be good at one temperature and do anything at another)

for the injectors ... It is less simple, it would be necessary to measure their respective flow rates on the return (with the small rubber pipes) especially not to intervene on the high pressure steel pipes without knowing the risks ... It can be done in an amateur way with large syringes and medical recovery equipment (one per injector) if an injo remains open the return flow will be different from the others ... If the 4 are rotten you will not see anything significant ... I had made myself a "bench" to do this on the car (xsara picasso hdi) of one of my "clients" which had an infernal vibration in slow motion ... After research it was an engine silenbloc which was not tight (nut messed up prisoner) ...

Attention with modern injections it is necessary to work in a surgical way .... Protect the mechanical organs and especially PROTECT YOURSELF because a jet of diesel fuel at 300 bars is blood poisoning ...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Celine and her car
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Celine and her car » 09/03/16, 15:52

When I paid the bill I asked what had been done. He replied that he had plugged the suitcase and that the error code was 6 digits so to go to BMW but that he advised me to change the battery and the starter, while the battery was new ... I asked him if it will be fine and that I would have no more breakdowns he could not guarantee it to me. He would have started by changing that ... so frankly I don't know what to think ... my companion has just changed the camshaft sensor and no improvement ... we will do the starter and we will see ... .
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 09/03/16, 16:01

Rather than changing parts "at random", it would be necessary to find out what the error code corresponds to ...

In the end, it may be cheaper to go to BMW : roll:
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 09/03/16, 16:05

When you have changed all the electricity in the car ... If it still does not work it is because the truth was elsewhere ... You paid for a diagnosis .... The least thing is that it gives you the result.

After if you want you should be able to find exorcist magnetizers marabout who can do the same job ...
0 x
Celine and her car
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Celine and her car » 09/03/16, 16:31

The marabouts and other witchcraft we will avoid eh;) ... we still have this starter track that comes back in all forums
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 09/03/16, 16:47

Celine and her car wrote:we still have this track of the starter coming back in all forums
I do not really understand how the starter could be involved if the car does not start when it is towed ...

For a part at 20 €, I would try it, but considering the price of a starter, it is taking too much risk to throw money out the window.

After, it's true that I'm not very playful ... And then it's your wallet and your car ... : Mrgreen:
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 09/03/16, 17:35

Gaston wrote:
Celine and her car wrote:we still have this track of the starter coming back in all forums
I do not really understand how the starter could be involved if the car does not start when it is towed ...
Automatic box :?:
0 x
AXEAU
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by AXEAU » 09/03/16, 18:38

Hello, I am not sure of myself but I believe that this model has an electric pump of supply which is under the car at the level of the driver protected by a mask. These pumps can drop gradually, randomly.
Before charging starter, check that there is this pump and in this case connect a pressure gauge between this booster pump and the injection pump. I think it takes about 5 bars. If no pressure see his power supply. elec. and if OK replace the pump.

Good diag.
0 x
Celine and her car
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Celine and her car » 10/03/16, 09:44

Hello, this is not an automatic transmission, and I will see for this electric power pump.
Thank you for your answers, generally since I am a woman I have a right to the marabouts :) ...
I will keep you posted on developments if you wish.
0 x

Back to "failure, troubleshooting and repair: repair yourself? "