Motor oil 2T scooter in a chainsaw, possible?

And if they were repairing rather than throwing and change? Rediscover the pleasure of the repairs yourself. How to diagnose a problem or find spare parts? Repair itself is way to save money generally!
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: 2T engine oil scooter in a chainsaw, possible?

by Ahmed » 22/07/17, 20:46

Yes, Dede, I am well aware of the harmfulness of exhaust gases, but in the case of the chainsaw, it is not so easy to avoid breathing them * ... This is surely less the case for many 'gear used by gardeners and not the case of the scooter, since the gases are released to the rear (well, that does not prevent breathing those of the vehicles above!).

Personally, I always use synthetic oil as soon as I can have it: in addition to the reduction of the smoke already mentioned, the candles clog very little and the exhaust pipes do not clog ... I did not find any abnormal wear resulting from this prolonged use.

* Unlike, for example, a fixed position wood chipper, which can be arranged according to the prevailing wind, the very technical gestures involved in the use of a chainsaw do not really allow to take into account, more, of this parameter, it could even prove dangerous due to less favorable positions.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Flytox

by Flytox » 22/07/17, 23:03

Christophe wrote:Uh, not too much agree with Flytox ... there are 3 types of oils (whether in 4tps or 2tps): mineral, semi-synthetic and 100% synthetic ... the quality and performance are in the same order. ..

"Semi synthesis" or "Synthesis" these are trade names, they are not AOCs and do not always assume quality. After your oil passes more or less severe standards, that's less of the blank. : Mrgreen:

Scooter engines can very well rotate at 12 rpm ...

only with a good kit .... but at the price or you pay it it is better not to butt out on the quality of the oil and the life.

therefore a certified scooter oil (unless it is a basic mineral and even more ...) may very well be suitable for a chainsaw, I have never seen special 2-stroke oil "chainsaw or brush cutter". .and if this exists, it is marketing, just like 4-stroke petrol and diesel engine oils which are the same ...

There are special chainsaw oils at Stihl for example the HP super or HP Ultra ..... which may not be better than other Synthesis adapted to engine driven / compet. : Mrgreen:

[If the chainsaw has not been running for a long time and there may be carburetor adjustments to make: make 2 or 3 refills with 1% more than what is recommended (therefore 3% or 3.5%)

..., what counts for the chainsaw is the dosage of the oil, sometimes up to 5%, it is written on the cap or next to it.

When you exceed the manufacturer's recommendation for the percentage of oil, you run the risk of other problems. Recently I used Yamalub Racing 2 R Synthetic Oil on my bike. It is recommended at 2% ..... I dosed at 4% (to ward off possible tightening during the development of my engine) but at this percentage we sparkle the candle. Dismantling the spark plug every 5 km to remove the carbon beads between the electrodes. :|
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
dede2002
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by dede2002 » 23/07/17, 09:07

chatelot16 wrote:the purpose of 2 stroke oil is not to burn! the oil must stick to the surface of the engine and lubricate as long as possible before being ejected ... an oil which burns too quickly is less effective and it is necessary to put more

the oil is dissolved in the gasoline, but in the fuel the gasoline evaporates and the oil is found in fog of very fine droplet, part of which sticks to the surfaces to be lubricated ... and unfortunately a large part comes out stupidly through the exhaust

Thank you, I learned something! :)

I did notice that the 2t exhausts were greasy, but I thought that was what was going on during the sweep.

Is blue smoke burnt oil or oil mist?

Personally, since I tried the electric chainsaw, I very rarely start my "smoking" which makes a terrible noise.

I think that with a small, efficient and quiet generator, you should be able to work efficiently without smoke.
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 23/07/17, 10:41

Personally for 6 years now .. I use in all my two-stroke materials the synthetic oil bricomarché at 2% (motorcycle or field farming it's the same except the rix and the color of the can) Zero problem ... Yet the two minimacros rotate with unbridled am6 motors at fairly high rotational speeds and sometimes in very severe conditions (enduro trialisant in the undergrowth I can guarantee that it will heat up their ass) and 25km journeys on full-fledged road, as well as in my two thermal chainsaws (a husquvarvana and and echo pruner) it goes very well too ... The pearl candles and the tightening ... don't know ... the 125DTLC has Mamita which kept its lubrication separate idem ... But it is not too brutalized ... Even if it is mainly used for my cousins ​​when they come a WE from time to time .... A TT hike on Sunday morning between 9 and 12 ca put in good conditions for the meal Sunday noon ... After the abuse of Saturday itself r : Mrgreen:
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 23/07/17, 13:08

I think that with a small, efficient and quiet generator, you should be able to work efficiently without smoke.

Certainly, at least for an amateur activity, which concerns only those who are exposed the least time ...
There are also, in the professional category, battery-powered pruning chainsaws (carried in the back), at professional prices.
0 x
gildas
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by gildas » 23/07/17, 13:10

I rotten everyone .. : Cheesy: I ran my 2t fuel outboard motor with 1% synthetic oil without worries.
(recommended on the can of 1 to 2%)
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 23/07/17, 18:40

outboard engines operate with remarkably low oil rates! Why ? because they are very well cooled ... no rise in temperature of the radiator: all the volume of the sea is available ... so the engine always cold uses the oil better
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 23/07/17, 20:06

I would rather say: "so the engine, always at its right temperature, uses oil better."
0 x
dede2002
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by dede2002 » 23/07/17, 20:51

Ahmed wrote:

Certainly, at least for an amateur activity, which concerns only those who are exposed the least time ...
There are also, in the professional category, battery-powered pruning chainsaws (carried in the back), at professional prices.

Indeed, I have never seen a woodcutter cut down a 15 meter tree with an electric chainsaw, although this is technically possible.

As an amateur, to cut down felled wood and make a pile of wood, it is much more comfortable, for the noise and the ease of starting-stopping the machine :) .
0 x
dede2002
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by dede2002 » 23/07/17, 21:00

I had read in the castrol docs that the best oil is castor oil (therefore not synthetic or mineral), in English it is called "castor oil" and the company was named that way because its purpose was to match the lubricating properties of castor oil, which has the defect of quickly becoming rancid in the crankcase of a 4t, a problem that does not arise in 2t.
0 x