Combined wood baby 1130 the motor blows the weights of my electric meter

And if they were repairing rather than throwing and change? Rediscover the pleasure of the repairs yourself. How to diagnose a problem or find spare parts? Repair itself is way to save money generally!
pascaldubord
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Re: Combined wood baby 1130 the motor blows the weights of my electric meter

by pascaldubord » 27/03/21, 23:13

Ho excuse me, I forgot to ask you what are the
"sugars"?
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 27/03/21, 23:15

pascaldubord wrote:Ho excuse me, I forgot to ask you what are the
"sugars"?

The "dominoes" which are used to connect the wires between them.
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 27/03/21, 23:20

Today, I use this, it is not very sensitive to vibrations:
0 x
pascaldubord
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by pascaldubord » 27/03/21, 23:29

Thank you and I think you are reading my mind after a quick search on the net came across this and was going to ask you if it could do the trick. I still have to find the top insulation.
Good night
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 27/03/21, 23:46

pascaldubord wrote:Ho excuse me, I forgot to ask you what are the
"sugars"?

In this case, given the state of your box, it would not seem silly to me to connect your cables, by cutting the damaged part, with dominoes of the size adapted to the section of your cables (the term "sugar" comes from the fact that about fifty years ago or more, these dominoes were usually made of some kind of white insulating ceramic, which made them look like lumps of sugar, today it is plastic) It has to be done cleanly, but I imagine you don't use this machine 24 hours a day either, and you can still visually check every now and then that everything is fine.
On the other hand the connection to the earth (the yellow / green cable), there you really have to redo something serious on the existing connection.
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 27/03/21, 23:55

pascaldubord wrote:Thank you and I think you are reading my mind after a quick search on the net came across this and was going to ask you if it could do the trick. I still have to find the top insulation.
Good night

You know, now that you've cleaned everything up, you can also redo an entire, new wiring. With a smartphone, you take (as above) a tof of your book, and you replace all the cables respecting the color codes. It would be no worse and would cost only three francs, six sous. I don't know much about electricity, but I know that the fewer connections there are, the better it works.
0 x
pascaldubord
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by pascaldubord » 28/03/21, 00:16

A "tof your bouzin"?
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 28/03/21, 00:34

pascaldubord wrote:A "tof your bouzin"?

A photo of your connections.
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 28/03/21, 03:53

There is a problem in your case, it is that there are areas that are difficult to access, where the sheath has come loose and where it will be difficult for you to wrap insulation around the stripped cable, to have a impeccable finish ... and not fall back into the nightmare of a whole circuit that would start again in a spin ...

The ultimate and cleanest trick could be to:

- each time you change a terminal block and its bolt (or screw) - before replacing the new terminal - to reassemble the ends of heat-shrinkable sleeves in each place where there are areas where a cable is stripped.

- then crimp the new terminal, and continue with the next stripped cable, bring up the heat-shrinkable sheath, then crimp ... (and so on) ...

- obviously starting for each cable injury, by the one furthest from the terminal block ... (otherwise the sheath does not go over another sheath) : Wink:

- by temporarily maintaining these ends of ducts with overhangs “at the site that is going well”: With a little piece of tape, because it might be better not to pass the fetus twice in the same place? You have to do some tests beforehand on cable ends outside your circuit, with several sheaths to be heat-shrunk together, on cables making bends, to see how the heat-shrinkage behaves ... (because it all depends on the quality of the product)

- and then repeating the operation with each cable having a stripped area (while starting of course with the cable having the lesion furthest from the terminal block).

- then once all the areas are covered, and fitted with their new sheath, use a foil so that all these heat-shrinkable sheaths enclose and definitively protect the bare areas at the same time!

(and after testing the operation as mentioned, to be sure that everything will behave as expected)

Like in ten seconds of this video, but you have to use a foehn : Arrowd:

0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 28/03/21, 04:41

PS: the reason is simple, it is due to the fact that you said that you “feared to make mistakes”. But currently you have no cable that is cut - so no source of error - why then introduce a solution that will involve cutting cables - which will potentially be the source of new failures, either during assembly, or subsequently to cause of vibrations - whereas this can be avoided by simply reinforcing the ducts on currently existing and safe “point-to-point” connections (apart from the gutted ducts). It is also said above : Arrowd:

GuyGadeboisLeRetour wrote:the fewer connections, the better it works.

Moreover, in view of the photos, and without being too mistaken, there is not enough room everywhere to put dominoes / sugars.
I therefore propose this minimalist, reliable, little time-consuming solution, which simply consists of not to cut any cables and simply repair the sheaths permanently with heat-shrink.
0 x

Back to "failure, troubleshooting and repair: repair yourself? "