Energy liberalization: the false good idea?

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
kmala
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by kmala » 10/11/06, 19:41

I just read a pdf that confirms + or - what I precented c interressant

http://www.ventdecolere.org/archives/do ... ce/GES.pdf

the opening of the market c plus CO2 in the end
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 13/11/06, 11:08

kmala wrote:industrialists do not have the right to nuclear
The renewable c so amortized over very long terms, unattractive for an industrialist

Not quite agree with these 2 phrases one after the other.
Indeed, assuming that the renewable is depreciated in the long term while a wind power plant produces after about a year, what about a nuclear power plant that puts almost 15 years between the laying of the first stone and the first KW products?

In addition, the amount of investment is not in the same order of magnitude: there is private interest from the majority of wind projects while a huge structure like EDF is struggling to build a nuclear power plant without help from the state....
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
hug
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by hug » 11/12/06, 19:14

Christophe wrote:is this electricity really green because selling renewable, in some cases cheaper (at least on paper) than the nuclear operator Electrabel (a subsidiary of Suez in fact) is not at all credible [/ b] (at least from an econologist point of view).

Wrong!

According to the indications of the big electricity producers, "eco-energy" was cheaper during the holidays than conventional energy. The reasons for this situation are simple: the summer has been very hot again and the technologies are improving.

http://www.notre-planete.info/actualites/actu_1012.php
0 x
the Egyptian
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by the Egyptian » 12/01/07, 10:14

Hello everyone
personally I think it's a mistake to leave EDF, I'm at these avi that choose, be careful if we leave EDF for a private and we are not satisfied, to find EDF it will not be plus the same regulated tariff but a free tariff.
I would be very surprised to see the electricity cheaper at least after a while than EDF because it is obvious there will be interresting offer at the beginning, but be careful not to go back, more c is like internet and france telecom the lines belongs to EDF and see it the clauses of maintenance of the lines etc. And this problem is not the same frozen frigot heating.
I am in a big paper business consumer of elec at a private, and the I do not tell you how crying on energy.
to go back to the industrialist and the nucleus, I know we were told by a time that the company consortium: metalstyle the paper group in question and one or two other big consumer of electricity wanted to buy a slice nuclear, I know that it is not done, but in my opinion it is only a question of time its remains an avi.
I do not think I saw cited ither the super reactor but my avi is either energy inepuissable is the end of the world, because to reproduce the energy of the sun on the earth must have or have nothing to fuck.
0 x
dreamer
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by dreamer » 09/04/07, 07:06

Hello,

I do not seem to have seen it so I allow myself to put this excellent link to the greenpeace site, to choose well its electricity supplier in Belgium (it may also exist for France, I do not know):
http://www.greenpeace.org/belgium/fr/el ... te/ranking

Maybe you could put it in your first post Christophe? )

Dreamer
0 x
Frederic_L
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Frederic_L » 02/07/07, 17:50

And it has just been released for France, since the market of electricity distribution has just been liberalized: READ GREEPEACE.

It's time to buy green :D
0 x
We can not improve what you can not measure - Lord Kelvin
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/07/07, 17:57

Yeah thank you for the info, moreover it confirms what we thought (discussion on another post), EnerCoop is the only really green.

http://www.revolution-energetique.com/e ... omplet.pdf

On the other hand it is also the most expensive I suppose but it is normal, if the green was cheaper than the nuclear it would be a long time that there would be more nuclear power stations ...

Here in Belgium, the essential argument for green electricity is: "It will lower your bills" : Shock: ... knowing that the non-green is essentially nuclear I have a hard time believing ... well if the commercial were honest the world would be very different ...

Conclusion: everyone to make efforts ... now!
0 x
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bamboo » 03/07/07, 11:44

Hello,

Personally I think liberalization is a good thing SI it's going to raise prices ... It's not the idea around me, but the only way to get people to save energy is to touch their wallets, so pay electricity at the real price, not at a regulated price ...

And if electricity becomes expensive, it will invest in renewable energy.

I would be willing to pay more for green energy.

A+
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 03/07/07, 12:32

All in all ... and like idea: it would be interesting to see who on this forum has gone green in a few months.

For my part I already show the bad example since we still have no green contract (finally I have an excuse we moved since the beginning of the year, date of liberalization in Belgium)

I tried several times to get info from Electrabel calling them to go green and so far I did not have any concrete information to help move things forward. Apparently the telephone operators are not informed at all about the green offers ... so we do not stop talking about them. You said paradox? : Shock:

Now when I see Electrabel's GreenPeace rating for France we're going to look at choosing another operator ...
0 x
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bamboo » 03/07/07, 18:12

Christophe wrote:All in all ... and like idea: it would be interesting to see who on this forum has gone green in a few months.

I do not know if it's the same in Belgium, but there is a big problem in France:
I am ready to commit myself for life to take green electricity, but I do not want to commit to losing half the value of my home ...
Yes, one of the criteria for buying a home will now be:
"are you at the regulated tariff?"
If we are not, the buyer may be afraid ...

For me, this is the person who should be engaged in liberalization, not housing :frown:

By cons, as a tenant, no hesitation to have! It is the owner who will have trouble renting his apartment!
0 x