The energy-producing fossil CO2 own!

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
fredtek
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by fredtek » 23/08/07, 15:09

Hi guys,
there is no right answer to your lumberjack question since wind power alone is incapable of managing a country; when there is no wind there is no energy to be able to inject on the network, it must come from elsewhere; I think earlier that the question would be to know which are the renewable energies which we can associate to face to our needs. As currently none of the renewable energy sources can alone, meet the demand, I think we must multiply these sources as much as possible, we can hope in case of deficiency of one of them a replacement by another.
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 23/08/07, 15:57

Hello
as currently none of the renewable energy sources can meet demand on its own,

Maybe in France, but not in the Nordic countries
In Quebec the qasi electrical production is made hydroelectric
This is enough on demand (except in the peaks in winter it is a matter of managing with the steel and aluminum industries and that which is sold in the USA (all steelworks in Quebec are electric)
The annual consumption of a domestic house is 20kwh the electrical inputs in the houses are 000amps

The problem with the demand it is artificial the consumption adapts with the production, the aluminum smelters and steelworks settle here (not for our beautiful province) because the source of current is available and hydro quebec promotes so that the 'we all heat electric ..
wind power is a small part of the production that is made, not for domestic consumption, but rather to be sold in the USA
We are already in surplus with hydroelectricity water
You just have to look at the new lines, in which direction they are going.
electricity has become a business like oil, and soon fresh water will also become a desire.

we can ask ourselves the question why wind turbines are not installed directly in the consuming country? simply that we install wind turbines where there is strong and lasting wind to be profitable These people do not invest if it is not profitable. according to the wind studies the north coast of the river and a privileged site for the wind, but the lines must cross the river to supply the USA which in short are the financiers of the project and the consumers. This means that we see Wind farms south of the river that explains why there is a certain dissatisfaction (to make electricity when we do not need it on habitable land when it would be more efficient, further north, as always the cost of the line and the yield guide the promoters.

Andre
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 23/08/07, 16:09

:? This is a major argument of anti wind turbines in particular and of EDF!
As said above, renewable energy production, fluctuating due to day / night cycles, is not REGULATED!
It is a deliberate choice! : Evil:
It is therefore necessary to quantify an average production and a use of this production in relation ...
Finally, it is necessary to "smooth" the availability of these energies by using a buffer storage system between production and distribution ...
Many solutions exist:
- hydraulic storage
- pressurized air
- vacuum flywheels, cryogenic ...
The latter solution is currently very promising both in terms of energy concentration, reactivity and efficiency. Industrial applications exist and even consumer products ... : Idea:
0 x
fredtek
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by fredtek » 23/08/07, 18:03

yes to you two, money will always be the predominant factor on the ecology, until the moment when we will have to buy our daily consumption of air!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 23/08/07, 18:18

It is well summarized ... the other version is: money is not eaten ...

So there is only one solution: econology ... and quickly!
: Mrgreen:

For skeptics: https://www.econologie.com/l-ile-de-paqu ... s-689.html
0 x
freddau
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by freddau » 23/08/07, 21:52

Um,

Denmark is flat, where does electricity from water come from ??

EDF prided itself on having the most substantial hydroelectric park in Europe, in Denmark there are a lot of coal-fired power plants.

In addition, the Germans realize that the resistance of wind turbines to constraints is far from optimal.

Concrete tends to crack due to the fatigue caused by pile oscillations: each time a blade passes in front of the pile, the stresses change. The catch is that you can plug the cracks but nobody knows if the reinforced concrete does not start to corrode due to the cracks and humidity.

To increase the power, you have to increase the size of the masts and wind turbines and some do not increase the size of the concrete base.
In addition, the diameter of the piles should be increased, but then there is difficulty in transporting them.

In Germany, a wind turbine is already on fire before the eyes of the firefighters who could not access it, their large scale was not enough ...

Some wind turbines have gone into a spin because there have been gusts of wind and they have not held up.

With the huge demand of the moment some manufacturers are a little too loose on the resisitance.
The wind turbine industry is brewing billions right now

not tip top all that.

Summary of an article published in the "Spiegel"

Fréd

And in my corner, there is a power plant project using palm oil: anything ................
And next to it is a huge project for a Neurad coal-fired power plant, apparently the largest in the country at the moment.
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 24/08/07, 01:10

fredtek wrote:Hi guys,
there is no right answer to your lumberjack question since wind power alone is incapable of managing a country; when there is no wind there is no energy to be able to inject into the network, it has to come from elsewhere; [...].
This is not what I am asking and I think it is wrong!

I rephrase:
Can we say that at a given moment, there is, in France (or in Burgundy, or in Eure, to go down in size) no wind at all (finally not usable by wind turbines)?
And, associated question, are the line losses due to the transport of electricity on the scale of the surface studied too great for us to consider networking different wind fields in order to smooth production?
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Rulian
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Rulian » 24/08/07, 10:21

Frankly, the argument of the thermal power plant to regulate wind power is really smoky (pun intended).

Where are the thermal power stations that should have been built to regulate the 2GW wind turbines in France?
This kind of argument really takes people for granted. It is outright misinformation.

And how much coal to compensate for the weaknesses of nuclear power during the heat wave? (ok, we won't talk about summer 2007 : Lol: )

This type of argument Wind of anger indicates a complete ignorance of the way the electrical network is managed. And managing an electrical network is a profession, when we stop Nazi theories on the consequences on the network of this or that means of production. Let's admit that we know nothing about it and stop teaching lessons to network managers, who know their job.

As well as the argument of endangering network security due to unpredictable production. It does not take two minutes because you should know that the network manager puts network security (therefore the permanent balance between production and consumption) before anything else and does not hesitate to cut a fleet if necessary, whatever the opinion of the operator of the wind turbines. It is part of the conditions for connecting a wind farm to the network.

Tired of all these gossip on wind turbines ... if people find out that from journalists and antis, it is certain that we will not move forward ...

In short, I stop there, I get angry.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 24/08/07, 10:26

Rulian wrote:Where are the thermal power stations that should have been built to regulate the 2GW wind turbines in France?

In France not (the backup power stations are rather fuel-powered ...) but in Germany it swarms this kind of power stations ...

For the rest +1 with you (we can agree with the pros 8) )
0 x
Rulian
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Rulian » 24/08/07, 11:04

Christophe wrote:
Rulian wrote:Where are the thermal power stations that should have been built to regulate the 2GW wind turbines in France?

In France not (the backup power stations are rather fuel-powered ...) but in Germany it swarms this kind of power stations ...

Well yes but they did not wait for the wind turbines to exist these coal plants. Let us stop saying that it is the wind turbines that have grown thermal power plants. It is really a bad trial. It must be remembered that without wind turbines, there would be even more thermal in Germany.
0 x