Is Citipower really cheaper than electrabel please?

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
jpdc1991
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Is Citipower really cheaper than electrabel please?

by jpdc1991 » 31/10/06, 17:50

Hi,
We had a visit last night from a citipower delegate who claimed that their price was 20% less than electrabel : Shock:
At the same time he said that the energy had increased by 25% at once and that it was necessary to compare what was comparable to the price level of electrabel : Lol:
I would like to know what is it please? :|
Are energy prices really going up 25% at electrabel?
Is Citipower really expensive? : Cry:
If how much please? :?:
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 31/10/06, 18:03

You have to be careful enough.

1) compare the fixed costs (subscription, meter rental)
2) find out exactly in which annual consumption range we are, pcq if the -20% concerns only part of your consumption ....
3) compare the terms of payment: down payments, monthly payments, etc.
4) say the right thing, and it is the same thing with Belgacom and the alternative telephone operators: what will be the quality and speed of the service in the event of a breakdown, request to reinforce the meter, etc .... It is certain that Electrabel customers will be served as a priority. : Cheesy:

I know a hairdresser in Chatelet (near Charleroi - belgium) who bit her fingers to be at ??? the day she asked for a counter reinforcement for her hair salon: she waited a year.

Because, the network, it belongs to Electrabel, the other firms are only financial operators who buy kilowatts (in particular from Electrabel, but also from EDF, for example) at the wholesale price to resell them to you at the retail price, but they do not have the infrastructure
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
jpdc1991
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by jpdc1991 » 31/10/06, 18:28

1) compare the fixed costs (subscription, meter rental)
2) find out exactly in which annual consumption range we are, pcq if the -20% concerns only part of your consumption ....
3) compare the terms of payment: down payments, monthly payments, etc.

Thank you for answering 8)
1) this is precisely what is difficult because the representative does not tell us anything about it
2) On this subject he told us that these 20% was deducted from 44% of their production, since the rest in Belgium are subject to taxes and is intended for electrabel
he claimed that we would pay 180 € / year cheaper, but can you tell us what we would pay monthly : Lol:
It's up to us to choose, he says. : Shock:
How did he do his calculation? :|
In fact, are we entitled to 7 working days for this retract?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 31/10/06, 18:33

1) I think that Belgium will be the testing ground for France before liberalization in France (January 1 for Belgium, Sep 1, 2007 for France) ...

2) Anyway, there is something that makes me laugh at alternative suppliers: they claim to supply (supposedly?) Green electricity cheaper (up to 40%) than Belgian nuclear electricity ...

Not only is it impossible to be competitive in the face of nuclear power, but then how to prove to customers that the source is indeed green ...

All this reminds me of the Sncf ecocomparator: pure "green marketing" (fluorescent? :D)

3) Liberalizing prices means: there is therefore no longer any regulation or fixed price ... you therefore pay your energy at the REAL MARKET price ...

A heat wave, a storm, floods etc ... the price of your electricity will soar ...

Obviously salespeople and sales representatives of all kinds give you the prices ... the lowest ...

Generally I am not for the lobbies of Suez (Electrabel) and Edf but if we can admit one thing about them it is the price stability ....

With liberalization I fear that many abuses will take place! In any case it is not me who would sign with the new operators ... except at EnerCoop perhaps: we know that it is more expensive and therefore more likely that it is real "green" ....

ps: small downside to this, Belgian electricity, even nuclear, is one of the most expensive in Europe ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 31/10/06, 18:41

For those who want to know how electricity prices are set:

http://www.rte-france.com/htm/fr/journa ... ernext.pdf

FYI, most companies that have "cracked" for the open market are currently biting their fingers ...
0 x
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Christine » 31/10/06, 19:26

jpdc1991 wrote:In fact, are we entitled to 7 working days for this retract?

Does this mean that you have already signed up? If this is the case, you must have a contract in which all the conditions are written and where it is MANDATORY mention of the withdrawal period. It must also include the supplier's contact details and therefore a number to ring for information or to withdraw.

compare fixed costs (subscription, meter rental)
this is what is difficult precisely because the representative did not tell us anything about it

It's an old salesman's trick: talk only about what makes you dream and leave aside what makes you angry. If he did not mention it, it is surely that it is not advantageous.

he told us that these 20% was deducted from 44% of their production, since the rest in belgium are subject to taxes and are intended for electrabel

I am not sure what he meant, but in my opinion what he calls "tax intended for electrabel" is in fact the maintenance costs of the lines (among others). As said above, the lines belong to electrabel and it is therefore up to them to maintain them and this cost is necessarily passed on to the consumer. The other suppliers only sell electricity, without having to maintain the lines. But don't dream, the cost of the lines is also included in the price that electrabel invoices to other suppliers and therefore to their customers.

For the rest, call citypower and ask them frankly all these questions. It is up to them to answer you and be transparent with you.
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 31/10/06, 21:05

jpdc1991 said:

By the way, are we entitled to 7 working days for this retract

Normally, Belgian law specifies that the consumer is entitled to a withdrawal period of 7 days when the sale takes place outside the seller's business (fairs, home). It is the Law, no "fine print" can deprive you of this right.

in this case, it is the case and in my opinion it will be difficult for them to establish that you asked the seller to come to your house (pcq when you summon the seller, eg to buy chassis, it is still different).

The termination must absolutely be done by registered mail.
file for post on Thursday. Do not forget to make photocopies of the contract and your letter.
If they take you ... threaten them with the wrath of the Federal Service of Economy and write to Test Achat!
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Christophe

by Christophe » 01/11/06, 11:12

Uh, that's gonna be a hot topic in a while ... What do you think about creating a forum specific to the liberalization of the energy market?

For my part I am VERY favorable ... just to do a mini "test purchase", to compare the different offers and especially to have feedback ...
0 x

Go back to "Fossil energies: oil, gas, coal and nuclear electricity (fission and fusion)"