Zero Emissions?

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Hyperauto
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Zero Emissions?

by Hyperauto » 13/10/06, 17:01

At Toyota, the “Zero Emissions” objective currently governs the development of “neutral” cars in terms of the environment (visit www.toyota.eu to learn more - even if it's in English :? ). I personally think that it is good that the manufacturers assume their responsibility at the operational level, particularly with regard to the destruction of the carcasses of vehicles. This would surely avoid the degradation of our campaigns ... Unless it is only a way of avoiding any responsibility, as a citizen, vis-à-vis the environment? Let's just let the builders sort it out for us ... I'd love to know what you think. : Idea:
0 x
Christophe

Re: Zero Emissions?

by Christophe » 13/10/06, 17:05

Hyperauto wrote:I would like to know what you think of it. : Idea:

You really want to know ? : Cheesy:
0 x
Hyperauto
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Hyperauto » 13/10/06, 17:14

Christophe wrote:
Hyperauto wrote:I would like to know what you think of it. : Idea:

You really want to know ? : Cheesy:

Yes, I would really like to know, because this is a subject that concerns us all ... at least those with a car
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/10/06, 17:37

1) Well in the current state of technology no manufacturer can have the insolence to say to have a "clean" car ... even concerning hydrogen prototypes ...

2) The approach of manufacturers talking about "zero emission" or even "clean" cars is much more a commercial than a technological one ...

3) Example: the Toyota Prius, it does not really do any better than the others ... finally according to Turbo (it's worth what it's worth ... but all the same ...): http://video.google.fr/videoplay?docid= ... 65&q=prius

Maybe even worse taking into account the extra CO2 cost of its design AND the money it took to pay for it (every € earned, every hour of work in fact, has a more or less heavy CO2 equivalent. ..)

4) We can therefore speak of "reduction of emissions" or "reduction of pollution / consumption" but not of ZERO ... well, it is a "beautiful" utopian objective for Toyota ...

These are my first impressions ...
0 x
Hyperauto
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Hyperauto » 13/10/06, 17:49

Zero emission: yes maybe a Utopia from Toyota, but better than nothing?
0 x
Charlotte
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Charlotte » 13/10/06, 17:56

Hyperauto wrote:[...] Unless it is only a way of avoiding any responsibility, as a citizen, vis-à-vis the environment? Let's just let the builders sort it out for us ... I'd love to know what you think. : Idea:

I do not think that this is a way of avoiding taking responsibility for the environment. On the contrary, it is a response (more or less mercantile as Christophe says) to a request (or to a fashion :? ) of less polluting vehicles. Car manufacturers have every interest in developing this kind of product, since they have to live making cars and therefore they need people to buy cars.

Our responsibility as citizens and consumers is to decide whether we really need a car and, if so, to choose "the lesser evil".
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/10/06, 17:57

Well if it is a long-term objective it is laudable but utopian (at least in the medium term) ... if it is a commercial argument it is false ...

Unless they make solar hydrogen quickly .... but I doubt it (not profitable) ... and then when we see the treatment that was reserved for Perrier ... : Evil:
0 x
nonoLeRobot
Master Kyot'Home
Master Kyot'Home

by nonoLeRobot » 13/10/06, 18:13

It is certain that the zero emission goal is marketing and utopian the real zero emission is cycling or walking.

On the other hand, I do not agree with the history of money. Spending a little more to have something better or more ecological is better because we will spend less elsewhere, on gasoline or not really useful trinkets or vaccinations in countries even further. In addition precisely in auto moto, we see that there is not a big difference in price.

The ecological cost of development is spread very quickly given the number of cars released and then if it is not on the ecological engine it will be on how to increase the power (even more consos).
For production I don't know but the prius is not necessarily worse than another (unlike a hydrogen car). Then the comparison of consumption was not made in town while it is there that the electric motor has the interest of more the comparison of consumption is done petrol vs diesel by specifying well particle filter whereas that already says on a post that it was more of a marketing scam.

So in conclusion:
- I find Christophe's arguments a little bad :P
- That zero emission or clean car is indeed a scandalous marketing enormity (we will soon believe that the car is cleaning the planet).
- But that it is good to look in the field rather than even more power, gadgets, comfort or savings (the less expensive it is the more one makes trips or other, one is not obliged to fuss for earn money (artistic, development, consultancy, research, quality (more quality, more expensive product but not necessarily more raw material)).
Last edited by nonoLeRobot the 13 / 10 / 06, 18: 18, 1 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/10/06, 18:16

nonoLeRobot wrote:So in conclusion:
- I find Christophes' arguments a little bad :P

A bit yes but ... what I wanted to say above all was: get us a prius at 10 €!
0 x
zac
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by zac » 13/10/06, 19:33

Christophe wrote:what I wanted to say above all was: get us a prius at 10 €!

Hello

she exists : Mrgreen:

: Idea: you save a diesel trash can from breakage 0 € you put it back clean 1000 € and a month not to consume. a pantone (tear off a chair leg a piece of concrete iron a piece of metal sponge and 2 sticks of welding). tour the fry shops (cost 10 beers per day).

balance 1200 € ecological balance much better than prius : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.