Do you like strawberries?

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
denis
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by denis » 28/04/08, 16:19

yes, too bad there is always the big anybody of mass! , for me the strawberries not before July : Cheesy:
0 x
White would not exist without the dark, but anyway!

http://maison-en-paille.blogspot.fr/
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Christine » 28/04/08, 16:20

Christophe wrote:stop buying certain products and you will see what will happen ...It's not yelling in the street, crying and complaining for life while continuing to grease the system that we will succeed in changing it...

If after 2 seasons, the big power stations will have 50% unsold on their crap strawberries well you can be sure that the 3rd season they will buy less ...

Yes, except that the majority of consumers do not want that to change: "the right price is the lowest price".

Let's put a ray of Spanish strawberries at 1,59 € / 500g and next to it a ray of French garriguettes at 2,69 € / 250g (experienced) .... guess which ray will need to be recharged several times a day?

I will always remember this little aperitif where the conversation slipped towards the "house" manufacture of wines and fruit syrups, and that a person intervened most sincerely by saying "I do not see the point of bother making your own syrups: I buy those from Aldi, they are cheap and I find them good. " . In short, it's not won.
0 x
denis
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by denis » 28/04/08, 16:24

: Shock: it sucks, I prefer to wait for the season to pay resonably and very inexpensively because picking up in the fields, a saving of manpower for the producer (yes chomdu, I know :frown: !!! ) everybody is happy ! and the strawberries don't taste like water !!
0 x
White would not exist without the dark, but anyway!

http://maison-en-paille.blogspot.fr/
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/04/08, 16:38

Christine wrote:Yes, except that the majority of consumers do not want that to change: "the right price is the lowest price".

Let's put a ray of Spanish strawberries at 1,59 € / 500g and next to it a ray of French garriguettes at 2,69 € / 250g (experienced) .... guess which ray will need to be recharged several times a day?

Well that's what I say: it is not the fault of the producer or the seller but of the buyer ... who buys ...

For the price, the other day at Bouillon at the market I found worse: 7.5 € 500 grs ... must still mess around and at that price even if it's from Wepion I'm not looking ...

Christine wrote:I buy those from Aldi, they are not expensive and I find them good. "In short, it is not won.

Well speaking of Aldi : Evil: I was forced to go there recently, the "fake" Pringles are at 1 € a box now : Cheesy: : Shock: ... the real ones (much better and in larger boxes are 1,5 € in conventional supermarkets and often cheaper on promotion) ... so in your opinion, who makes the most profit? Aldi or the others?

I still made "a deal" by buying 2 Tintin albums at 5,29 € (instead of 10 or 11 €) ... shit I endorsed the discount system ... : Cry: Too bad there were only 2 :( : Mrgreen:
0 x
jc-tergal
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by jc-tergal » 28/04/08, 19:48

make it simpler: go shopping on the market: cheaper. Top tip quality and the sellers follow the rhythm of the seasons. At least on the small stalls of local producers. And in addition it makes the local economy work, the carbon footprint is much better and we have a better vision of production ...
0 x
momotopo
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by momotopo » 28/04/08, 22:14

until i was old enough to sweeten them, i received this email the other day. Your turn to judge

Sensitive subject: don't be fooled !!!

Subject: strawberries, ecological and social disaster !!

strawberries, refrain !!!
no strawberries in May, nor in June
while waiting for the season (July - August) ... and local productions ..

Very informative !

By mid-June, France will have imported more than 83 tonnes of strawberries from Spain. Finally, if we can call "strawberries" these big red tricks, still green near the tail because picked before being ripe, and resembling tomatoes. With more or less the taste of tomatoes ...

>> If the only problem with these fruits was their blandness, after all, only trapped consumers could complain of having bought a product that currently sells for between two and three euros per kilo in markets and supermarkets, after having traveled 1 km by truck. At ten tonnes on average per vehicle, 500 per year make a journey worth its weight in CO16 and other exhaust fumes. Because almost all of these fruits grow in the south of Andalusia, on the limits of the Doñana National Park, near the Guadalquivir delta, one of the most fabulous reserves of migratory and nesting birds in Europe.

A team of investigators from WWF-France would have to take an interest in the rising tide of this strawberry out of season for the ecological aberration of this production, which stifles the French strawberry (to be revealed). , does not grow in better ecological conditions). What WWF special envoys have discovered, and which Spanish environmentalists confirm, illustrates cheap globalization.

This agriculture covers almost six thousand hectares, of which a good hundred already encroach on all illegality (tolerated) on the national park. Officially, only 60% of these crops are authorized; the others are "wild" extensions on which regional power turns a blind eye despite protests from environmentalists.

The strawberries intended for this production, although it is a perennial plant productive for several years, are destroyed each year. To give strawberries out of season, the plants produced in vitro are placed in the middle of summer in fridges that simulate winter, to advance their production. In the fall, the sandy soil is cleaned and sterilized, and the microfauna destroyed with methyl bromide and chloropicrin. The first is a violent poison prohibited by the Montreal protocol on gases attacking the ozone layer, signed in 1987 (last deadline in 2005); the second, composed of chlorine and ammonia, is also a dangerous poison: it blocks the pulmonary alveoli.

Who cares? Most producers of Andalusian strawberries employ Moroccan labor, underpaid seasonal workers and undocumented migrants housed in precarious conditions, who heat up in the evening by burning the residue from the plastic greenhouses covering the strawberry plants in heart of winter.

A local environmentalist recounts the explosion of lung diseases and skin conditions.

The plants grow on black plastic and receive irrigation that transports fertilizers, pesticides and fungicides. The crops are supplied with water by boreholes, half of which have been installed illegally. What transforms part of this region of Andalusia into dry savannah, leads to the exodus of migratory birds and the disappearance of the last lynx pardels, small carnivores of which there are only thirty left in the region, their only food, rabbits, being endangered. Like the forest, of which 2 hectares have been razed to make room for strawberries.

The season ends at the beginning of June. The five thousand tonnes of plastic are either blown away, buried anywhere, or burned on the spot.

And farm workers are asked to return home or go into exile elsewhere in Spain. Note: they have the right to be treated at their expense in case the harmful products they have breathed ...

The production and export of Spanish strawberries, most of which are sold before the end of winter and until April, represents the least sustainable as agriculture, and upsets what remains in the public spirit as a concept of season. When the region is devastated and production too expensive, it will be transferred to Morocco, where the Spanish strawberry manufacturers begin to settle. Before coming from China, where apples that are even more processed than French apples are already imported ...

BY Claude-Marie Vadrot

Politis Thursday April 12, 2007

NB Do not hesitate to make this known to your friends and friends ...

0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/04/08, 23:15

momotopo wrote:until i was old enough to sweeten them, i received this email the other day. Your turn to judge

Hum hum ... did you read the first message of the subject? : Cheesy:
0 x

Back to "hydraulic, wind, geothermal, marine energy, biogas ..."