KiweeOne Kite Wind Turbine

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: KiweeOne Kite Wind Turbine

by izentrop » 30/11/18, 16:51

Christophe wrote:Sorry I did not read the original link: https://objectifaquitaine.latribune.fr/ ... 85954.html
300 000 € paid by the ADEME? : Shock: : Shock: : Shock: How can those who pay for subsidies get away with it?

It is not new that this organization is fooled. This is a pity for projects that have a serious potential, but It seems to me that charisma and com that puts the eye is worth more than a truly successful project.

On fessebouc, comments that are not laudatory are systematically removed, it says a lot about the intentions of the promoters of this project. By the way most are empty of comments : Mrgreen:
0 x
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 01/12/18, 11:24

Hello everybody

I may be a little heavy, but I still have trouble understanding the technologies used for these "kite wind turbines"!

Apart from the principle of the conventional wind turbine, namely a rotor with rotating blades, or the kite that makes convolutions in the sky, which movement can possibly generate a work of energy production on the ground (although the performance must not be terrible), I do not see what effective technologies are possible to produce power with a kite.
On one of the videos, however, we see a cable that passes through a pulley on the ground, but the pulley does not really turn.

The 2 arguments which appear admissible for these “kite wind turbines” are:
- the economy made by the absence of the mast, but there is the whole system of winch on the ground and the cabling of recovery of the current created in the air,
- the search for a stronger wind and more regular in height, but to hoist a windmill several hundred meters in the sky implies that it is smaller. So finally, we gain on the quality of the wind but we lose on the production capacity of the wind turbine.

Do you know of other current-generating technologies used with these wind turbines?
0 x
Project of the horse-drawn-hybrid - The project econology
"The search for progress does not exclude the love of tradition"
Christophe

by Christophe » 01/12/18, 13:56

izentrop wrote:This is a pity for projects that have a serious potential, but It seems to me that charisma and com that puts the eye is worth more than a truly successful project.

The "aggressive" communication is the goodwill of all the Start Up based on an FBI ... which is the case of the one which promotes KiWeeOne ...

izentrop wrote:On fessebouc, comments that are not laudatory are systematically removed, it says a lot about the intentions of the promoters of this project. By the way most are empty of comments : Mrgreen:

Really? Maybe we should inform FB admin and post elsewhere then ... On their crowfunding campaign for example?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 01/12/18, 13:58

You're not the only one not to understand Greli! : Cheesy:

Grelinette wrote:- the search for a stronger wind and more regular in height, but to hoist a windmill several hundred meters in the sky implies that it is smaller. So finally, we gain on the quality of the wind but we lose on the production capacity of the wind turbine.

This is the only interest but it involves other (huge) problems already that the wind turbine does not work in low wind ...

Grelinette wrote:Do you know of other current-generating technologies used with these wind turbines?

I do not understand the question, there have been other similar projects (see above)
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 01/12/18, 23:00

Grelinette wrote:On one of the videos, however, we see a cable that passes through a pulley on the ground, but the pulley does not really turn.
She is really shooting.
We see it on another video where they present a prototype. It is seen that there is a first belt which makes the return angle between the propeller and the transmission pulley.
On the end, we can see the bottom pulley turn. The generator must be in the body of this pulley.
We can see the cable 3 son that connects it electrically to the regulator box.
0 x
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 03/12/18, 14:56

izentrop wrote:
Grelinette wrote:On one of the videos, however, we see a cable that passes through a pulley on the ground, but the pulley does not really turn.
She is really shooting.
We see it on another video where they present a prototype. It is seen that there is a first belt which makes the return angle between the propeller and the transmission pulley.
On the end, we can see the bottom pulley turn. The generator must be in the body of this pulley.
We can see the cable 3 son that connects it electrically to the regulator box.

Indeed, this is one of the technologies implemented with these famous kites-wind turbines!
The wind turbine hoisted high is used to rotate a generator on the ground.
0 x
Project of the horse-drawn-hybrid - The project econology
"The search for progress does not exclude the love of tradition"
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 03/12/18, 15:22

Grelinette's questions give me an idea.
Why want to mount a wind turbine at altitude, with all the complications due to the weight on board, mechanics and distant electronics and electrical cables?

All you need is an ordinary kite with its cable, with nothing on board. The kite pulls on the cable, the cable rotates the cylinder on the ground on which it is wound, and the cylinder turns the generator.
At the end of the race, it's easy to remotely change the kite's sail configuration to windward with far less energy than it provided in the other direction. And we start again.

All the electric side is on the ground, super economy. And with several kites, or batteries of little capacity, we can level the periods of return and return for a more uniform production.
I patent or the idea is already used?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 03/12/18, 15:27

Exnihiloest wrote:All you need is an ordinary kite with its cable, with nothing on board. The kite pulls on the cable, the cable rotates the cylinder on the ground on which it is wound, and the cylinder turns the generator.
At the end of the race, it's easy to remotely change the kite's sail configuration to windward with far less energy than it provided in the other direction. And we start again.

This is exactly the concept of EnerKite exposed by Izentrop above:

energies-renewable / wind turbine-kite-t15860.html # p348821

Exnihiloest wrote:I patent or the idea is already used?

Should ask EnerKite : Cheesy:
0 x
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 03/12/18, 17:20

That does not surprise me...
I feel that having the chance of an original idea of ​​a little importance is less than winning 6 digits in the lotto. :(
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 03/12/18, 17:37

But no, I'll reassure you!

A patent engineer said around the 1880s that his profession was in danger because "EVERYTHING" had already been invented ... : Mrgreen:
1880 not 1980 huh!

The PSA group does not deposit 400 patent by year (more than 1 per day ...)

The worldwide patent base is here: https://worldwide.espacenet.com/ and there are certainly nuggets fallen in the public domain to bring back the taste of the day given the current economic context!

A patent is worthless, it is its implementation that values ​​it!

Good fun!
0 x