KiweeOne Kite Wind Turbine

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Christophe

Re: KiweeOne Kite Wind Turbine

by Christophe » 26/11/18, 08:21

Uh, are you sure?
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 26/11/18, 08:58

Confirmed by Ulysse Michon himself. He replied "yes that's it. You have more info on our Facebook page", but not found.
https://www.facebook.com/kitewinder/

You are right for PV, 12 V / 100 W is 10 cheaper. In addition, the size of the blades and the generator seem to me very small to produce 100 W.
But as it takes less space than a PV in a backpack, it's a gadget that will find takers in sports shops : Lol:
Last edited by izentrop the 26 / 11 / 18, 09: 13, 1 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/11/18, 09:04

Sorry I can not find the functional diagram ... :?: :?: :?:

But if that's the case, I'm afraid for the life of the cable working in torsion and how does it do not get tangled except with ridiculously weak couples or strong tensions ...
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 26/11/18, 09:21

It seems that we must choose a stable wind without flurry. He was asked the question:
In case of squall the rotation of the propeller hangs to protect the upper part. The wind turbine remains facing the wind, waiting to be eventually lowered. The goal is not to stay beside her when she produces
I suppose that the wire twisted, it is necessary to intervene at the level of the coil of the bottom to restore the function belt of transmission. : Lol:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/11/18, 09:54

Yes this thing is nothing more than a gadget that will produce at best a few Watts for a price per kWh exceeding 500 € ... ladle (for those who will be brave enough to use it as long)!

Yet he manages to ask 25 000 € (in addition to other subsidies he has already had to touch?) ... in short, to dare, the green is carrier to what seems ...

What annoys me a little is all these people who believe but it is true that everyone does not know this forum, and it's a shame (for them especially) ...

Well I stop the gossip, if you have power curves, performance ... I still want a little bit to look into the subject ...

Otherwise bin it will be a case classified as they say no ... then the next!

0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/11/18, 09:58

izentrop wrote:In addition, the size of the blades and the generator seem to me very small to produce 100 W.

In wind, in order of average size, we can retain 150W / m² ...

So to produce 100W, it is necessary to scan 0.67 m² is a diameter of 92 cm ...

Its case may be a little better because the use of this wind turbine implies a wind strong enough to already wear it ... the value of 150W / m2 included low wind.

If we remember say 200W / m² ... it would require a swept surface of 0,5 m² ... a diameter of 80 cm ...

What about real dimensions?
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 26/11/18, 14:22

Christophe wrote:What about real dimensions?
Apart from the advertised 100 w and many com, I do not see any curve or feature, even on their site https://kitewinder.fr/kiweeone/ ... wind : Mrgreen:

It would be interesting to take back the idea by a handyman. If we recover a hoverboard engine, there is none for dear for the rest. : Lol:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/11/18, 14:40

To others, because I frankly have not too much time to waste in this kind of pseudo "green" bullshit ...

Does anyone have an Ulule account? Maybe there should be a link to this topic ...

It is not to break the project but to avoid putting money into a lost cause and make disappointed with ecology and more ... (I think France has enough in this moment ...)

By cons I have a kite surf of 15 m² that could make an excellent engine (it raises me without worries in strong winds) for a heavy system moored to the ground! Someone makes the base? I supply the wing!

ps: I was talking about the dimensions that you had estimated "at a glance" ??
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/11/18, 14:52

izentrop wrote:and a lot of com

That's for sure: they put more money into ARTISTIC communication creation * than in engineering calculations !! : Cheesy:

For their future project (as this one will end up taking the water in default of the wind **) I propose them to make ART on the backs of donkeys artistically revolutionary: inventions, innovations / new-a-dos-d-ane-absolutely-revolutionary-t15779.html

What am I laughing at forum sometimes!

* essential to attract the interneunaute (Internet user) who has no notion in energetics ...

** good this one I'm the copyrighte Tof Tof! : Cheesy: : Cheesy:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/11/18, 14:56

Sorry I did not read the original link: https://objectifaquitaine.latribune.fr/ ... 85954.html

300 000 € paid by the ADEME? : Shock: : Shock: : Shock: How can those who pay for subsidies get away with it?

Then I love this passage completely false:

"Have you ever seen a wind turbine on a kite that captures high altitude winds? The answer is no. It is our innovation. We filed a patent with the National Institute of Industrial Property in 2014 and to date, we do not see anything similar on the market in terms of process ", explains Olivier Normand, co-founder in August 2016 of the Kitewinder startup

And that's soft slack ??? I bet there are dozens of patents on the subject ...

energies-renewable / kite-wind turbine-t7394.html
energies-renewable / Makani-power-the-wind turbine-glider-flying-t13214.html

In short ... to have a big mouth, obviously this is useful in "France 2.0 v2018"

And if there is indeed not much on the market (dixit Olivier Normand), should we be wondering why ... I think we have already answered on this forum if it's not in 2018 ... it was ... in 2009!

And finally: why make an Ulule campaign to 25 000 € if they have already received 300 000 € on 3 years? : Shock:
1 x