Wind power: for or against the wind?

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Bardal
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Re: Wind: for or against the wind?

by Bardal » 17/04/21, 04:57

sicetaitsimple wrote:
Ahmed wrote:Wind turbines capture subsidies very well, and that is where their real "utility" lies: they supply the economic circuit much better than the electricity grid ... They represent the archetype of the new economy by providing a pretext for the injection of liquidity. (overabundant) remunerated thanks to the public debt. Other promising avenues (in this regard alone!) Are also being explored, such as the hydrogen sector ...

The best is to claim to produce hydrogen from wind power!
Well, just kidding, the subject is a bit more complicated than that .... I don't really believe in hydrogen of electrolytic origin, except for its traditional uses in industry instead of reforming. methane, or as a homeopathic mixture in natural gas networks. It wouldn't hurt if it replaced reforming natural gas in refining, petrochemicals and fertilizers.

Or that it replace coal in the steel industry, to reduce metal ores ...
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 17/04/21, 09:54

As regards the production of hydrogen for transport (train, bus) this is indeed what is planned, at least as a justification for this absurd solution. As for replacing the industrial uses of reformed hydrogen, that's a whole different story ...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 17/04/21, 16:00

Ahmed wrote: As for replacing the industrial uses of reformed hydrogen, that's a whole different story ...

And why not? From the moment you launch into a system that can only survive thanks to subsidies, everything becomes possible if on the one hand it is technically feasible (the electrolysis of water is not a recent invention) and on the other hand you find a paying pig.
The development of solar and wind power over the past ten years in Europe is the best proof of this.

PS: I would like to point out that I have nothing especially against solar or wind power, they can only live up to now if they are subsidized in one way or another.
0 x
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by moinsdewatt » 17/04/21, 17:37

Ahmed wrote:Wind turbines capture subsidies very well, and that is where their real "utility" lies: they supply the economic circuit much better than the electricity grid ... They represent the archetype of the new economy by providing a pretext for the injection of liquidity. (overabundant) remunerated thanks to the public debt. Other promising avenues (in this regard alone!) Are also being explored, such as the hydrogen sector ...

Whoever pays for wind power and photovoltaic power is the consumer through the CSPE.
See this invoice line on your invoice from your electrical supplier.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 17/04/21, 20:03

Yes, I am aware (sic), but I doubt that this is enough and as regards hydrogen, supposed to store "fatal" energies, it is indeed European subsidies which are in question. Generally speaking, I don't see a current industrial company that operates without this permanent injection of liquidity.
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 17/04/21, 20:38

Ahmed wrote: .... but I doubt that is enough and with regard to hydrogen, ...

Subsidized gas cogeneration operations which operate from 1/11 to 30/03 are paid around 3 times the market price for their electricity production .... and also generate some income from heat production.
Everything is possible, but you have to find the pig to pay!
0 x
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 06/05/21, 15:26

« In 2008, I was in favor of wind power, a priori. After having worked on the file for over ten years, I am totally opposed to it. It is an intermittent energy subordinated to a fossil fuel, which requires rare earths, exorbitant investments, colossal projects extremely harmful to nature. »
https://france3-regions.francetvinfo.fr/bretagne/parc-eolien-en-baie-de-saint-brieuc-les-raisons-de-la-colere-2068825.html

Marie-Paule Allain, urban planning and environment assistant at the town hall of Erquy. President of Erquy Environnement.

While admitting to being wrong pleads in its favor, to have been wrong and not realize it until after 10 years is not proof of intelligence. It will therefore be necessary to wait to have the demonstration that there would be in ecologism.
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 06/05/21, 16:05

This "environmentalist" is campaigning for the upcoming elections. Believing what politicians are saying denotes limitless naivety or a pretext to place yet another very perverse blow ... : roll:
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 06/05/21, 16:21

Everyone knows, however, that politicians are real weathervanes. What Edgar Faure who was even more than Tryphon et ABC gathered would answer no, that it was the wind that was turning ...
0 x
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 06/05/21, 17:54

Ahmed wrote:Everyone knows, however, that politicians are real weathervanes. What Edgar Faure who was even more than Tryphon et ABC gathered would answer no, that it was the wind that was turning ...

Your words are more and more confused. To insinuate to be a weather vane, the one who has always indicated a direction contrary to that of ecologism, had to dare!
And the ecological tide is not turning, for the reason that industry and consumer society are still turning!
At the most, it deviates slightly, the ecological wind, blowing for a moment against the diesel with the so-called unbearable pollution, then when the industry produces electricity as a replacement, against the electric since it is still Of the industry.
0 x