Wind power: for or against the wind?

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Wind: for or against the wind?

by izentrop » 23/11/20, 16:06

sicetaitsimple wrote:
izentrop wrote:[That could change ?? Net Power, a young American startup, indeed designs power stations that do not emit smoke, because they have the particularity of having no chimney. All the CO2 and all the fumes are reused to produce electricity, which allows them to be truly zero emissions.
Pipe ...
Too good to be true ...
But still ?
Last edited by izentrop the 23 / 11 / 20, 16: 11, 1 edited once.
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 23/11/20, 16:09

ENERC wrote:In other words, the price of electricity in France must be increased by 25% excluding taxes, transmission and distribution.

Which would only amount to around 7% to 8% including tax for an individual. It is not "nothing", but it is not either dramatic if one compares to the evolutions of the price of gasoline or gas.
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 23/11/20, 16:23

izentrop wrote:
sicetaitsimple wrote:
izentrop wrote:[That could change ?? Net Power, a young American startup, indeed designs power stations that do not emit smoke, because they have the particularity of having no chimney. All the CO2 and all the fumes are reused to produce electricity, which allows them to be truly zero emissions.
Pipe ...
But still ?

CO2 is the most stable carbon-containing molecule. You can no longer do anything with it in terms of energy, except to break it and recombine it with, for example, hydrogen by consuming more energy than you will recover (Sabatier reaction).
Afterwards, you can turn it in all directions, but except to have free hydrogen, it's pipe.
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 23/11/20, 18:21

sicetaitsimple wrote:CO2 is the most stable carbon-containing molecule. You can no longer do anything with it in terms of energy, except to break it and recombine it with, for example, hydrogen by consuming more energy than you will recover (Sabatier reaction).
Afterwards, you can turn it in all directions, but except to have free hydrogen, it's pipe.
You can store it
Permanent underground storage of CO2 is a technology proven and implemented by Equinor for more than 24 years. The CO2 sequestered under the seabed is closely monitored and no CO2 leaks have ever been observed or detected. CCS technology is firmly established in Norway and is supported by the Norwegian state but also civil society.

The final investment decision for the Northern Lights project is scheduled for 2020 and the start of operations is planned for 2024. Already 7 memoranda of intent have been signed with European manufacturers such as Fortum, Air Liquide, ArcelorMittal and others, thus proving the high level of interest aroused by the Northern Lights project and for the CSC more generally.
https://polenergie.org/nos-actualites/n ... uropeenne/

Maybe not the right subject, but there are many projects emerging
The main sources of CO2 emissions are within the reach of potential storage. Our detailed analysis in this report of CO2 emissions from electricity and industrial facilities in the People's Republic of China, Europe and the United States reveals that 70% of emissions are within 100 km of potential storage, a relatively convenient and cost effective fork for transporting captured CO2. In the United States, the CO2 captured in existing facilities is transported on average 180 km. But shorter distances can reduce costs and reduce infrastructure development times. The overall technical capacity for CO2 storage worldwide is vast, but a detailed site-specific assessment is required.
https://www.iea.org/reports/ccus-in-cle ... ransitions
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 23/11/20, 18:41

izentrop wrote:You can store it
The permanent underground storage of CO2 is [highlight = yellow] a technology proven and implemented by Equinor for more than 24 years ...... [

Certainly, but we are no longer on a miraculous process that would produce energy with CO2 as presented by Net Power, but on a process for capturing / storing CO2. Very complex, very expensive, and little support from the populations. It was studied a lot around 2010, with lots of demonstration pilots all over the world, but to my knowledge without significant consequences.
0 x
ENERC
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by ENERC » 23/11/20, 18:55

sicetaitsimple wrote:
ENERC wrote:In other words, the price of electricity in France must be increased by 25% excluding taxes, transmission and distribution.

Which would only amount to around 7% to 8% including tax for an individual. It is not "nothing", but it is not either dramatic if one compares to the evolutions of the price of gasoline or gas.

It should be 25% of the price including VAT of electricity, right? CSPE, transport costs and VAT are paid per kWh - or am I wrong?
On the other hand, yes that would mechanically lower the CSPE.
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 23/11/20, 18:57

sicetaitsimple wrote: we are no longer on a miraculous process that would produce energy with CO2 as presented by Net Power
Or the journalist from Europe1 who misinterpreted. I found a video to put in the right topic.
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 23/11/20, 19:22

ENERC wrote:
sicetaitsimple wrote:

It should be 25% of the price including VAT of electricity, right? CSPE, transport costs and VAT are paid per kWh - or am I wrong?

The all-inclusive "base" rate is now around 160 € / MWh. If the "energy" share increased by around ten € as you suggest, it would be around 7%, a little more with the increase in VAT on this item. The rest (CSPE, routing, ...., the related VAT) would have no reason to move.
0 x
ENERC
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by ENERC » 23/11/20, 19:44

sicetaitsimple wrote:
ENERC wrote:
sicetaitsimple wrote:

The all-inclusive "base" rate is now around 160 € / MWh. If the "energy" share increased by around ten € as you suggest, it would be around 7%, a little more with the increase in VAT on this item. The rest (CSPE, routing, ...., the related VAT) would have no reason to move.

You are right. I had a big day and I got my feet in the carpet : Mrgreen:
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 23/11/20, 19:47

ENERC wrote:You are right. I had a big day and I got my feet in the carpet : Mrgreen:

It happens! No big deal.
0 x