The future will pass you it with biomass?

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: The future will pass you it with biomass?

by Exnihiloest » 07/04/21, 21:33

sicetaitsimple wrote:...
Don't worry, the (very optimistic) projections are 10% of annual French gas consumption in 2030, while in 2020 we are around 1%.
And after? Well there will not be more methanogenic biomass available, so it will not exceed 10% if that happens .... You must not dream, nor stupidly accuse "our idiots of policies". There will always be enough gas consumers to burn the entire production of methanization biomethane, whatever its level.

Yes, yes, I blame them. There is no reason to ban gas heating. It seems to me to be a Franco-French measure. Against CO2? Is this a way for our government to pledge allegiance to Greta the fanatic, who has filed a complaint against France?
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 07/04/21, 22:17

Exnihiloest wrote:Yes, yes, I blame them. There is no reason to ban gas heating.

That, perhaps, but it is a whole other debate, without any link as you did with the production capacity of biomethane in France, which will remain in all cases well below the needs.
0 x
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by moinsdewatt » 03/05/21, 16:00

In the Gard department, promote wood energy to support the forestry sector

BY FRÉDÉRIC DOUARD APRIL 15, 2021

Gard, 745 inhabitants, is a department which stretches from the Camargue to the summits of the Cévennes. Known for its exceptional tourist offer and its agricultural products of character, it is also a wooded department. Its forest, which had almost disappeared at the end of the 000th century to meet the energy needs of industry and for afforestation of coal mines, is today in rapid natural growth. This is the result of the strong agricultural decline at the beginning of the twentieth century, it now covers 18% of the territory and continues to grow to the point of constituting a new ecological and economic opportunity.

Wood energy, the engine of forestry and renewable energy
The forest increase in the Gard department, like that of all the departments of the French Mediterranean area, is much higher than the harvest for lack of outlets for timber. It is therefore with the aim of giving this new forest future capacities for the production of quality timber, but also to take part in the fight against climate change through the use of renewable energies, that 2002 was created the Wood-energy Mission. First carried by the Mediterranean Environment Agency, then by the Environment department of the Regional Council of Languedoc-Roussillon, it was taken over in Lozère and Gard, by the CCIs of Mende, Nîmes and Alès in 2005.

https://www.bioenergie-promotion.fr/890 ... orestiere/
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 10/08/21, 14:45

Nothing to do with biomass energy, but I am very surprised to learn that France would be an exporter of oak logs ... to China.

https://www.bfmtv.com/economie/entrepri ... 00088.html
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 10/08/21, 19:45

This is not a novelty: for several decades the Chinese have been filling empty containers which are heading back to the Middle Kingdom. It only costs the cost of handling (anyway, you have to come back to complete the circuit) and it is even technically advantageous by providing ballast to the boat ...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 10/08/21, 21:07

Do we transport logs in a container? It is possible, but it surprises me ....
It doesn't matter anyway, my main surprise being this export from France, and I imagine other European countries, of logs to China.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 11/08/21, 10:37

Anything that fits in a container does the trick! Especially for the Chinese for whom it is the unit of measurement ... The latter need raw materials and then re-export the processed products (they have thus, for a few (?) Years, ruined the Mexican furniture industry which was until then the leading exporter).
You easily understand, I think, that the cost of transport is zero in this operation, which makes it possible and even doubly advantageous.

The French timber industry has been in deficit for a long time, limiting itself to mass-producing these logs which are destined for export, not only to China ...
1 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 11/08/21, 10:48

this is globalization through communicating vessels. What are we complaining about except that the world's factory needs raw material to manufacture what we will then buy from them "because it's cheaper!"
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 23/11/21, 22:19

And you that to you: 8)
Bravo...
0 x

Back to "hydraulic, wind, geothermal, marine energy, biogas ..."