Wind Reviews Futurenergy Windup 1000W

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 15/11/10, 12:21

bernardd wrote:This is for a version where the naturally alternating current at 60V is rectified only before the batteries, on the ground, which reduces the losses in the cable, as well as the price of the cable, and also makes it possible to easily measure the speed of the cable. wind turbine from the ground, measuring the frequency of the signal.

[Off topic] but allow me this remark:
I don't know where you learned that, but you have to take it out of your head. No, the alternative does not cause less loss in the cables than the DC, it is even rather the opposite because of the skin effect of the alternating current.
It is not for nothing that future high voltage / long distance link projects are planned continuously (HVDC)
Historically the alternative is not used for reasons of losses, but for reasons of ease of transport (easier to transform)

You probably confuse between mono and three-phase ... with equivalent cable section, the three-phase allowing to pass 9 times more power than the single-phase.
[End off topic]

Now yes, I had seen the missouriwindandsolar wind turbines ... they are interesting from all points of view but the import remains problematic for an individual. Once removed the costs of transport and customs, the difference is not obvious ... and then in case of problem hello the puzzle (and costs ...) to play the guarantee.
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 15/11/10, 12:24

Christophe wrote:

Hey ForHorse, the pdf is exactly the copied / pasted document of the generator that bought second hand via the forum: https://www.econologie.com/forums/vends-gene ... t8569.html

Ah yes, normal since it comes from the same "manufacturer" : Cheesy:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/11/10, 12:35

Here and mine is not made in Scotland ... that's all I wanted to say.

Still for what I tested, it looks good ...

Remains more for me than to find a propeller or a paddle wheel ... since the idea of ​​recovering the washing machine is an FBI (false good idea) in my hydraulic case (with a pipe forced it could be more interesting but not over time).

See reminder: https://www.econologie.com/forums/tambour-de ... t6303.html

When I see the current flow given the rain that there has been, it itches to relaunch the project ... : Cheesy: : Cheesy:
0 x
bernardd
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bernardd » 15/11/10, 12:38

Forhorse wrote:
bernardd wrote:This is for a version where the naturally alternating current at 60V is rectified only before the batteries, on the ground, which reduces the losses in the cable, as well as the price of the cable, and also makes it possible to easily measure the speed of the cable. wind turbine from the ground, measuring the frequency of the signal.

No, the alternative does not cause less loss in the cables than the DC, it is even rather the opposite because of the skin effect of the alternating current.

I had put "alternative 60V" and indeed it is in three phase. And the fact that you don't have to add a cable and a sensor for speed checking!

which means that I can make a very "complex" regulation without adding anything, for example increasing the load to regulate the speed with a control loop on the speed.

Forhorse wrote:Now yes, I had seen the missouriwindandsolar wind turbines ... they are interesting from all points of view but the import remains problematic for an individual. Once removed the costs of transport and customs, the difference is not obvious ... and then in case of problem hello the puzzle (and costs ...) to play the guarantee.

It's more of a state of mind problem. This guy publishes everything on his wind turbines and generators, which makes me feel able to repair and learn with his equipment. It's not the black box approach, you're too stupid to understand, pay and get out.

I encourage this type of seller : Mrgreen:

And it would be even better if Christophe sold it in Europe Image
0 x
See you soon !
loop
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by loop » 15/11/10, 13:12

Hello everyone,

I tried self-construction on the basis of a 12V alternator from futurenergy (Christophe's model but in 12V)

Otherwise there is feedback from this 1000W wind turbine here:

http://www.chaleurterre.com/forum/viewsujet.php?t=7901

A+

Gérald
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 15/11/10, 13:38

loop wrote:Hello everyone,

I tried self-construction on the basis of a 12V alternator from futurenergy (Christophe's model but in 12V)

Otherwise there is feedback from this 1000W wind turbine here:

http://www.chaleurterre.com/forum/viewsujet.php?t=7901

A+

Gérald

Ah thank you !

By cons when I see the installation of the author of this subject, I am only half surprised at the poor performance he found.
1Kw under 24V it's still more than 40A ... and given the distance there seems to be between the wind turbine and its inverters (just 8m in the mast ...) the losses in the cable must be huge!
it goes through an ICT sheath of 20, we can therefore reasonably think that it has wired this maximum in 2x10mm² (and I would even say 2x6mm² because shooting 2x10mm² in an ICT of 20 over more than a few meters is almost mission impossible)
So, without doing the calculations, I can safely say that 50% of the energy produced is lost in the cables.

EDIT: I had not read until the end ... it says that production has improved by placing the inverters at the foot of the wind turbine mast, which confirms my suspicions of too small cable on the installation initials.
The author also says that his machine survived the storm this spring, which is very good news.
I think i will order : Cheesy: (time to get credit money :| )
0 x
bernardd
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bernardd » 15/11/10, 13:48

Hence the interest of phase 60V AC, thank you Forhorse :-)

Otherwise, the last subject indicated also shows a link to this wind turbine: http://skystreamenergy.eu/lang_francais/

It seems very expensive to me, like all "packaged" wind turbines. But she's interesting, because she doesn't have a tail to keep her in the wind! I think it works "upside down" which may be aerodynamically better, as the "tapered hub" can direct the flow to the outside of the propeller, where the leverage is more important.

But the mast masks part of the wind ...

I do not know what is the result of the races, but I saw this detail because I wanted to test it ;-)
0 x
See you soon !
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/11/10, 14:09

0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 17/11/10, 20:57

I was made an offer at € 950 including shipping. I ordered it this morning.
If all goes well in a few days.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/11/10, 22:43

It is a very good price, I hope that reliability will follow !!

If you could give us a little photo report of the assembly from the unpacking, well it would be nice :)
0 x