Use of waste heat for

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
hug
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Use of waste heat for

by hug » 15/12/06, 19:33

Occasionally, we hear about cities using the energy of household waste to heat buildings, swimming pools ...

In any case, the waste is picked up and transported. Why not use them rather than burn or bury them?

How widespread is this use?
What is its potential for increase?
0 x
The only renewable energy is energy saving.
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 15/12/06, 19:53

It is an idea that is gaining ground, expensive energy will certainly favor its development.
some Belgian examples:

In Charleroi, the ICDI recovers part of the energy from its ovens to run an alternator (900 KW, I believe). Garbage is sorted by households: PMC, cardboard, glasses, housewares.
In Mons, IDEA installed an experimental biomethanization unit
In Chimay, the Chimay cheese dairy (same brand as the famous beer) saves 165000 liters of fuel every year by converting whey into biomethane

Now, I think we have to think about it: burn to recover energy or sort to recover material
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be