ecological turbine Archimedes screw

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
lilian07
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Re: ecological turbine Archimedes screw

by lilian07 » 23/06/16, 19:16

Here is the kind of object that could be diverted in self-construction. (100 euros / m, 25cm in diameter).

https://www.leboncoin.fr/bricolage/875347188.htm?ca=2_s
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/06/16, 10:54

Yes but there is only one thread on this screw, not on that it gives interesting yields in hydraulic production ...

For invoicing it is per cm, therefore far from the 2 € mentioned:

Price for a 1,3 m conquering screw: 110 €

Price per cut: 1,5 € / cm + 10 € cut

Payment in cash only
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 27/06/16, 13:10

The Archimedes screw solution requires excellent adjustment and a perfectly executed masonry infrastructure to function properly. This seems to me beyond the scope of a self-realization, while a bucket wheel, in the same parameters (low head, medium to low flow) is very tolerant as to its manufacture and implementation.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
lilian07
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by lilian07 » 27/06/16, 13:15

CQFD therefore out of reach of profitability in self-sufficiency. Technical damage too immature certainly ...
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 27/06/16, 13:21

Archimedean screw or bucket wheel, it's choosing between 2 losses!

with the archimedean screw there is loss by default of sealing, but not that serious because there is a large number of successive sealing

with the bucket wheel there is a big loss because the buckets empty before being at the bottom of the wheel ... we could improve by bubbling the bottom of the wheel: the buckets would not empty before the bottom , but it would lose power to row in the water

big advantage of the screw, it rotates faster than a wheel, closer to the speed that an alternator wants
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/06/16, 13:43

Ahmed wrote:The Archimedes screw solution requires excellent adjustment and a perfectly executed masonry infrastructure to function properly. This seems to me beyond the scope of a self-realization ...

Do you think that making a cylindrical formwork of regular concrete seems fairly accessible to an individual, right?

After yes, it is not necessarily pourable on site due to the slope ... or else you need a perfectly waterproof formwork therefore more difficult to achieve ...

If not poured in place, you will have to think about moving it ... and the concrete quickly weighs quite heavy ...

So my yes and no answer :) that is discussed! : Cheesy:
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 27/06/16, 14:01

Hello,
Ahmed wrote:The Archimedes screw solution requires excellent adjustment and a perfectly executed masonry infrastructure to function properly. This seems to me beyond the scope of a self-realization, while a bucket wheel, in the same parameters (low head, medium to low flow) is very tolerant as to its manufacture and implementation.
You who can weld, you can buy the pre-stamped turns http://www.spires.fr/spires-embouties.html and a half shell for the lower part, or a large diameter tube, it does not seem more complicated than a bucket wheel, with a higher output and adaptation to the flow. Significantly easier than with a kaplan.

Besides, in self-construction, you have to be able to raise the bottom, if the downstream level varies. The upstream level is regulated by an automated hatch.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 27/06/16, 14:19

It's quite impressive as a choice ... Well, it's less beautiful than a bucket wheel ... : roll:
Can you clarify the meaning of your last sentence?
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 27/06/16, 14:57

If the downstream level does not depend only on the turbine, in periods of sustained rain, water can drown the bottom of the screw and slow it down.
Here, they solved it by a ledge at the highest level of the downstream Image
Although ...
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 27/06/16, 15:10

Yes, I knew the case of a friend who had a bulb group: it did not work when the flow decreased (air intake), nor when it increased, by decreasing the difference in height (at the top everything passed as if the level was fixed and below the level rose ... In between, it was OK! : Oops:
But except if the downstream flow takes place at a lower point and far enough away, it seems difficult to control the downstream level ...
0 x