Energy Transition: Nuclear 75% to 50 2025% in?

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/10/14, 19:08

The rather interesting analysis of Greenpeace: http://energie-climat.greenpeace.fr/une ... intentions
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/10/14, 20:19

Read on a blog, to check:

The bill on the energy transition provides for the extension of the life of 19 nuclear power plants beyond the age limit of 40 years. Including, perhaps, the Fessenheim power station ...

Can the full text of the law be found somewhere?
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 15/10/14, 11:18

In photovoltaics, this represents the installation of 50 million 3kWc sites (currently 20m2).
I have a doubt about my head calculation ...

What damn revive the sector and improve it. :D
Reduced online losses
Creation of a storage sector
Creating the Smart Grid

In short, there is something to do ... : Mrgreen:

By the way Google is in the running, it has just launched a contest of a million dollars to improve the inverters in order to produce them in very great series of the size of a portable pc even less (0,66dm3 for 3kW).
0 x
RégsB
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by RégsB » 21/10/14, 08:12

Heeeeeu,

The only technically feasible solution would be to build traditional thermal power plants as a replacement : Mrgreen:
0 x
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by moinsdewatt » 23/07/15, 12:31

The law on energy transition finally adopted in Parliament

http://www.lemonde.fr/energies/article/ ... 3054.html#

So :

Added to this the reduction of the share of nuclear energy in 50% "2025 horizon", against about 75% today. A timetable consistent with the commitment of the Head of State, against which the right has fiercely fought, senators wishing that the decline in the weight of the atom is referred "in time" without a deadline.
Similarly, the total power of the nuclear power plant is capped at its current level of 63,2 gigawatts (GW), in order to force EDF to close, when the Flamanville (Manche) EPR is commissioned, reactors of equivalent capacity. . The two units of Fessenheim (Haut-Rhin) are in sight, even if they are not mentioned. The Senate wanted to bring the cap to 64,85 GW, to get the cake and pudding, that is, the current 58 reactors and the new EPR.

Learn more about http://www.lemonde.fr/energies/article/ ... OAjRGCG.99

Is not the horizon something that recedes as one moves forward?

Well now there is 45 GW nuclear after RTE.
Then in July 2025 would have to do without 15 GW (1 / 3 of 45). A straw.

Shut the light, the 6000 MW of offshore wind turbines that will (hopefully) be installed at this time will not be enough.
0 x
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re:

by moinsdewatt » 20/12/17, 21:54

What place for renewable energy mix in 2030 (in France)?

Aurélie M'Bida Factory New the 19 / 12 / 2017

Upstream of the future Multiannual Energy Program (PPE), whose debates open early 2018, the Union of renewable energies (SER) publishes optimistic forecasts. The share of the renewable could reach 38% of the energy mix in 2030.

The objectives of the Energy Transition law by 2030? Achievable for the Renewable Energies Union. Even more, they could be exceeded "on the condition of a determined political will", affirms the SER during a presentation of its scenarios "to build the new French energy model", Tuesday 19 December. Main lessons from the union report, renewable energies have the capacity to cover a large part of the needs of the French by 2030:

1 / 38% of the final heat consumption in metropolitan France may be covered by the ENR.

This figure is exactly in line with the objective set by the 2015 law for 2030. Main contributor, the wood-energy sector with 31% in final heat consumption. Then come more modestly biogas (3%), geothermal energy (2%), residential solar thermal (2%) and industrial thermal solar (<0,1%).

On wood energy, the SER recommends that the heat fund be adapted to the objectives of the energy transition law. In particular, "the European trading system (ETS) must be reformed," said Jean-Louis Bal, president of the SER.

2 / 54% of the electricity generated can be from renewable sources

The Energy Transition Law provides for an 2030 target of 40% renewable energy in power generation. The SER thus presents a very optimistic objective on this point. More than 50% of electricity will be green by 2030 depending on the organization, with a major contribution from hydropower, to 16%, and onshore wind (16% also). Next come solar photovoltaic (9,7%) and offshore wind (9%). Then, with a more modest contribution, wood energy (1,5%), biogas (0,9%), marine energy (0,7%).

3 / Renewable gas can cover up to 30% of gas consumption in France

The union is emphasizing this sector to develop. 215 GWh of renewable gas were produced in 2016. 60 to 80 TWh can be immediately mobilized for anaerobic digestion, according to the SER, in particular by taking into account agricultural deposits. The union proposes to perpetuate the current system of purchase tariffs, to set up a support mechanism for non-injected biomethane and to allow increased development of anaerobic digestion to reach a more ambitious objective of 90 TWh of renewable gas produced in 2030, in its "high" scenario (40 TWh in the "low" scenario).

4 / The volume of ENR in transport will (almost) double

According to the SER, the share of biofuels in transport is expected to increase from 8,5% 2016 to 15% 2030. A trend increase linked to the development of clean mobility in the transport sector. Today, most of the incorporation of renewable energy into transport comes from first-generation biofuels (90%), the main source of decarbonisation of the transport sector.

https://www.usinenouvelle.com/article/q ... 30.N629928

Well, since it comes from the renewable energy union, it's pretty optimistic .......
But may not be impossible with a lot of polite will.
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Energy Transition: Nuclear 75% to 50% 2025?

by izentrop » 24/12/17, 10:48

The naked future will tell if the rise of wood / energy and biogas was a good idea ...
0 x
Bardal
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Bardal » 24/12/17, 12:13

Yes, that of bio-fuels too ...

Be careful not to count two or three times the same sources, once to get heating and electricity, another time for bio-fuels ... The bio-mass has physical limits, and on an Excel table, we put a little what we want ...
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 12/10/18, 18:29

The negaWatt scenario: hypotheses that are difficult to envisage (Tribune) https://www.lemondedelenergie.com/negaw ... 018/10/02/
This scenario would involve considerable efforts in renewable energies, in particular wind and photovoltaic, which would experience spectacular growth.

The wind should provide 247 TWh in 2050 against 24 TWh in 2017, ten times more! This would assume about 20 000 onshore wind turbines and 4 000 marine wind turbines, compared to about 7 000 terrestrial and no offshore at present.

The total installed capacity should reach 77 GW against 13 GW in 2017. The life of these machines being less than 25 years, it would be necessary in the future to triple the current rate of installation (1.2 GW per year on average these 5 last years) just to maintain the 77 GW of installed power.

Photovoltaics should provide each 147 TWh against 9 TWh in 2017; the power of the photovoltaic park should go from 8 to 140 GW!

Knowing that we have installed 0.8 GW per year on average these 5 last years and that the lifespan of the panels does not exceed 30 years, it would be necessary in the future a rate of installation 7 times higher than the current rate just for maintain the installed power of 140 GW!
The result is hardly more realistic.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 12/10/18, 19:03

The article as a whole is a very interesting reflection.

The reflection as to whether the Negawatt scenario has, if only in the order of magnitude, the shadow of a small chance to come true in democracy is very interesting. "Democracy" is undoubtedly one of the reasons why we only make ... laws (unenforced) or "incantations" ("by 2030 - implied when I would no longer be in power - we will have reduced by so much and so much ... "). From to switch in favor of a dictatorship, there is a step that hurts me.

At the same time, we have room for maneuver: we have reduced our power consumption from 3 700 kwh / year to about 2 500, without living with candles. I do not pedal there to make this message (but I do it on a laptop, less greedy). At the same time, we have divided the consumption of petroleum derivatives by more than 2, by eliminating fuel heating by pellets and by a severe decrease in our fleet (change to a C1 LPG, recently replaced, 190 000 km where it has given up - finally, become irreparable - by a Chevrolet Avéo GPL always). Alas, my activity of lecturer makes me increase my mileage again (even if I make the big distances in train).

I do not think I'm on the trajectory of Negawatts. Alas.
0 x