TPE Subject: renewable energies

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Kamox
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

TPE Subject: renewable energies

by Kamox » 26/09/06, 16:23

Hello, I am a student of 1ERES and I must present for the month of November a subject of TPE on renewable energies. I discovered by hasar what forum on the internet by typing "renewable energies", having found it very well done, I decided to create an account and post this topic, hoping that you will help me by answering these questions:

- In a few words, what is an energy?

- What exactly is renewable energy?

- What are the different sources of renewable energy?

- What was the first renewable energy discovery? In which year ?

- What was the last renewable energy discovered?

- What are the uses of different renewable energies?

If you do not mind, I might have more questions later.
But it would be very nice of you to answer these questions.
0 x
"Science without conscience is only the ruin of the soul" Rabelais.

"The man is naturally good, it is the company which tames him" Rousseaux
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/09/06, 16:44

To start, you will find a lot of help on the "Renewable energies" pages.

It starts here: https://www.econologie.com/definition-et ... -3129.html

For solar it's here: https://www.econologie.com/introduction- ... -1134.html

Other sections will come as and when.

You can also search this forum for details.
Last edited by Christophe the 26 / 02 / 15, 18: 39, 1 edited once.
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Subject of TPE

by Targol » 26/09/06, 16:57

Kamox wrote:Hello, I am a student of 1ERES and I must present for the month of November a subject of TPE on renewable energies. I discovered by hasar what forum on the internet by typing "renewable energies", having found it very well done, I decided to create an account and post this topic, hoping that you will help me by answering these questions:

Hi Kamox, and welcome to this forum. Although I strongly advise you to search for the answers to these questions on your own, I will try to give you, from the top of my meager knowledge in the matter : Wink: , some beginning of answers ...

Kamox wrote:- In a few words, what is an energy?

An energy is "something capable of providing work". For example, the weight in a clock is attracted to the earth and therefore produces "potential" energy. A car that moves forward, due to its speed and mass, contains "kinetic" energy.

Kamox wrote:- What exactly is renewable energy?

As the name suggests, it is an energy that, at the scale of its use is renewed. Oil has taken millions of years to form and is used in minutes, so it is not renewable. The energy of the wind, or the sun, on the other hand, is renewed as and when we use them.

Kamox wrote:- What are the different sources of renewable energy?

see Christophe's article: https://www.econologie.com/definition-et ... -3129.html that should answer your question.

Kamox wrote:- What was the first renewable energy discovery? In which year ?

I hesitate between wind, hydrolytic energy and animal traction.
  • Wind as an energy to move sailing boats forward
  • the hydrolic energy to turn mills or even, using the current, to transit the stones for the pyramids on the nile
  • animal traction as soon as man could domesticate certain wild animals to use their force for transport.
As for the date, you will have understood from reading these examples, it is from antiquity, or even before for animal traction.

And even if we expand the concept of energy, we can even go so far as to say that solar energy in its indispensable role to grow plants that feeds man, has been exploited since prehistory ...

Kamox wrote:- What was the last renewable energy discovered?

Discovery, it's hard to say, exploited, I would say the strength of waves and currents by hydro-wind turbines.

Kamox wrote:- What are the uses of different renewable energies?

They are infinite to the extent that, through electro-mechanical devices, any primary energy can be converted into secondary electrical energy.
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
Christophe

Re: Subject of TPE

by Christophe » 26/09/06, 17:08

Targol wrote:I hesitate between wind, hydrolytic energy and animal traction.

For me it's fire ... wood :)

Good example that the hydraulics to bring down the boats of the nile I would not have thought ... because the water mill are bcp + recent that ca ... and the windmill even more! (thank you Holland)
0 x
Kamox
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Kamox » 26/09/06, 17:33

Thank you for all the answers : Mrgreen:
0 x

Polo
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Polo » 27/09/06, 13:10

lol! the TPE! moui I fell pil hair on the happy new year (the last bac) or it did not count for the bac (finally the scale was complicated, clear we had bonus points like that without doing anything) : Cheesy:
The energy that has the basis of all others is solar: The sun heats the air (wind), it brings water up the mountains (hydro) it allows photosynthesis (biomass) finally brief.
Do not forget to say that there is no 1 energy that would save the world but that THE solution is to take all the renewable energies and not to waste any more. I think it would be a nice ccl.
Good luck for your TPE and 1 ° S!
0 x
"I fear nothing, I hope for nothing, I am free" Nikos kazansakis
Kamox
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Kamox » 27/09/06, 13:16

Ok thank you very much :D !
0 x

elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 27/09/06, 13:18

it seems to me very clear that chronologically the 1ere renewable energy is elbow oil and 2 legs!

the last exploited (although the first by nature via, for example photosynthesis) is solar energy, especially photovoltaics, right?
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 27/09/06, 13:20

sorry, the solar is even older, since it is the source of winds (cyclone -anticyclone) and rain (so hydraulic energy)
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 28/09/06, 14:06

By pushing the argument further, the sun is the only source of energy, since it is at the origin of everything ...
But it's a little far-fetched! : Cheesy:

Kamox, in your TPE you can introduce the notion of energy of stock and energy of fluxit's an interesting concept to tackle I think.
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."