For Science Special Issue, energy record

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Christophe

For Science Special Issue, energy record

by Christophe » 12/10/10, 13:23

Out of Serie For Special Science energies (of the future) to buy for your little children in 2050 : Cheesy:

I flipped it yesterday, it is very complete!
This is the October-December issue so you have time to buy it.

Energies at will!

The economic and diplomatic strategists of the industrialized countries question, think and conceive the scenarios of the post-oil: how will the world evolve when the production of oil will have reached its maximum and will begin to decline? The conclusion is clear: we must prepare for the end of fossil fuels, and we must act quickly. Another sting pushes us, the necessary reduction of greenhouse gas emissions.

The energy transition has already started. Brazil is multiplying hydroelectric dams and is still producing more agrofuels. China could invest 100 billion yuan (11,5 billion euros) by 2012 to develop electric and hybrid vehicles. Germany is increasing its wind farm and plans to exploit solar power in the Sahara ... France is gradually applying the resolutions taken during the Grenelle Environment Forum. All countries are, to varying degrees, engaged in the conquest of renewable energies, each taking advantage of its resources, which of its skills ...

If obstacles to overcome - scientific, economic, political, etc. - there are many, awareness is acquired: the current energy mix (gas, oil and coal) will be replaced by another more dense, richer (sea, wind, biomass, sun, hydrogen, geothermal ...). All tracks are explored and research abounds ...

http://www.dossierpourlascience.fr/ewb_ ... 977&num=69

ps: for once and it's rare, when I read this issue of For Science I'm not dropped ... quite the contrary : Cheesy: : Cheesy:
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 12/10/10, 16:35

:D Ah thank you for the info.
I had to buy it to prepare a meeting ...
0 x