Thermal wind turbine?

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Wind turbine?

by Obamot » 04/06/23, 18:28

sicetaitsimple wrote:
Obamot wrote:Have you ever tried to develop such a project?
To understand still must we try?

I absolutely do not prevent Baudoin Labrique from pursuing his project. He started the thread, I just tell him what I think, it's a forum here?
Like 4 or 5 years ago about the Solenco Power Box.

Always the beautiful role eh. Could you also venture to suggest technical improvements (for example)?

It's not the good ideas that are missing...
2 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 04/06/23, 18:45

BaudouinLabrique wrote:In summer, it saves about 6 kWh per day (which an average boiler consumes), which gives more than 2.100 kWh/year

So it is already sized this wind turbine, to provide an average production of 6kWh/d in summer in Belgium?
Tell us its nominal power, as well as an approximate idea of ​​its dimensions. Nothing engaging, just to chat.
0 x
BaudouinLabrique
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by BaudouinLabrique » 04/06/23, 18:53

sicetaitsimple wrote:
BaudouinLabrique wrote:In summer, it saves about 6 kWh per day (which an average boiler consumes), which gives more than 2.100 kWh/year

So it is already sized this wind turbine, to provide an average production of 6kWh/d in summer in Belgium?
Tell us its nominal power, as well as an approximate idea of ​​its dimensions. Nothing engaging, just to chat.

The thermal wind turbine provides 100% DHW in summer and therefore saves the consumption of a boiler (6 kWh/day or more depending on the size of the household)
Reminder: “[i*The direct method for producing heat is much less expensive and more sustainable than converting electricity from solar or wind sources into heat using electric heaters.[/ i]"
« Solar thermal energy can be used for the production of domestic hot water, for heating or for industrial processes. In addition, this technology has a yield 2 to 3 times higher compared to the indirect version, i.e. involving the stage of conversion into electricity »
(see https://solar.lowtechmagazine.com/2019/ ... -windmill/ )

"[...] in the case [sketch on the first page] of the Savonius micro-wind turbine used by scientists as a model (rotor diameter 0,5 m, mast height 2 m), calculations have made it possible to determine that the optimal diameter of the propeller was 0,388 m. » ;

* " The performance of one of Denmark's first small heat-producing wind turbines was officially tested. [The only one built in series,] the Calorius type 37 – 9 meters high and equipped with a rotor 5 meters in diameter – produced 3,5 kilowatts of heat for a wind speed of 11 m/s ( strong breeze, Beaufort 6). This is comparable to the heat produced by smaller boilers used for space heating »
(see https://solar.lowtechmagazine.com/2019/ ... -windmill/)

"[...] the Savonius wind turbine, on the other hand, turns out to be a very good candidate for heat production: this small wind turbine managed to generate up to 1 kW of thermal power (at a wind speed of 15 m/s). »
(see https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Yu ... achine.pdf)
Last edited by BaudouinLabrique the 04 / 06 / 23, 18: 56, 1 edited once.
2 x
«There are those who see things as they are and wonder why. Me, I see them as they could be and I say to myself: why not! (Sir Bernard Shaw)
« The future belongs to those who see the possibilities before they become obvious. (Theodore Levitt).
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 04/06/23, 18:55

Obamot wrote:
sicetaitsimple wrote:Always the beautiful role eh. Could you also venture to suggest technical improvements (for example)?

I did, on page 6.
A bit of advice though. I believe I understood that your objective was to increase the average COP of your heat pump over a heating season by slightly heating the geothermal fluid which passes through it. If that's the case, take a look at some thermal solar panels connected in series on the circuit, which won't do any miracles in the middle of winter, but which in the fall or spring will improve things. And which will allow you perhaps not to freeze your geothermal field (the ground around your pipes), which is very penalizing for the exchange. And you will leave at the beginning of the heating season with a warmer ground than just heated "naturally", especially if your pipes are 1,5m deep, which I believe I understood.
Absolutely no guarantees from me, but it's free of charge.

And moreover taken up in principle by B. Labrique in his post at 18:21 p.m. on the performance of his heat pump.
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 04/06/23, 19:03

BaudouinLabrique wrote:The thermal wind turbine provides 100% DHW in summer and therefore saves the consumption of a boiler (6 kWh/day or more depending on the size of the household)

That's an incantation.
The question was:So it is already sized this wind turbine, to provide an average production of 6kWh/d in summer in Belgium? Tell us its nominal power, as well as an approximate idea of ​​its dimensions. Nothing engaging, just to chat.
0 x
BaudouinLabrique
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by BaudouinLabrique » 04/06/23, 19:14

sicetaitsimple wrote:A bit of advice though. I believe I understood that your objective was to increase the average COP of your heat pump over a heating season by slightly heating the geothermal fluid which passes through it. If that's the case, take a look at some thermal solar panels connected in series on the circuit, which won't do any miracles in the middle of winter, but which in the fall or spring will improve things. And which will allow you perhaps not to freeze your geothermal field (the ground around your pipes), which is very penalizing for the exchange. And you will leave at the beginning of the heating season with a warmer ground than just heated "naturally", especially if your pipes are 1,5m deep, which I believe I understood.
Absolutely no guarantees from me, but it's free of charge.

And moreover taken up in principle by B. Labrique in his post at 18:21 p.m. on the performance of his heat pump.

Thermal solar panels:
1° not profitable to put at home because the roof is very little in the sun.
2° in the coldest sequences, the temperature of the glycol water drops close to 0° as indicated above but the heat pump retains a COP of 3. Moreover, the reactivity of the ground in the rise in its temperature is remarkable: thus, in December 2017, given the persistent frost, the temperature of the glycol water at the inlet of the geothermal heat pump had fallen to 1°; in January 2018, the ground having warmed up, it reached > 3°, given a slightly milder weather; at the end of January 2018, it reached > 4° (no intense frost in the meantime).

Moreover, I am convinced that in the presence of a thermal wind turbine, adding thermal solar panels will not bring much and the return on investment (not to mention maintenance costs) may never occur. ...
1 x
«There are those who see things as they are and wonder why. Me, I see them as they could be and I say to myself: why not! (Sir Bernard Shaw)
« The future belongs to those who see the possibilities before they become obvious. (Theodore Levitt).
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 04/06/23, 19:30

No worries, you do what you want, it's not me who pays. Just a bit of blindness because I made it clear in a post that followed that it was panels on the ground I was talking about, not panels on the roof, hence much lower installation and maintenance costs . Let's go...
But you evade the already repeated question:So it is already sized this wind turbine, to provide an average production of 6kWh/d in summer in Belgium? So tell us its nominal power, as well as an approximate idea of ​​its dimensions. Nothing engaging, just to chat.
Alors? What does it give?
0 x
BaudouinLabrique
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by BaudouinLabrique » 05/06/23, 10:45

I'm shouting to you from another PC than mine

I will not be able to answer you for a few days because my PC has just broken down.
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 05/06/23, 16:31

Nan but dear sir, there is not all the time to have to justify oneself in front of what has become the specialty of Sicetaitsimple.
Under the guise of seriousness, unhealthy insinuations and sophisms, trying to gun down the debates is his specialty (see my signature)
1 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 05/06/23, 18:44

Ah! It would be "gunning down the debate" to ask B. Labrique, on a "thermal wind turbine" thread that he initiated, the approximate dimensions of a Savonius wind turbine installed in his garden in Belgium and which would produce around 6kWh/d on average in summer?
You need to get treatment there...
3 x