Houses that are self-sufficient in energy and water

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
elise
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Houses that are self-sufficient in energy and water

by elise » 18/09/04, 20:13

:D
Hello everyone!
I wanted to tell you about 100% eco-friendly houses!
They retreat rainwater and reuse it 4 times! The wastewater passes through filters and is then re-filtered by plants which are in the middle of a greenhouse in the house! Energy comes from wind and solar panels! All comforts are allowed! They are made by colonies of old hippies in the USA. They use tires and earth to make the walls.
Why is this kind of construction marginal? I think that at the rate we are going it is high time to act !!
0 x
Dearcham
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Dearcham » 18/09/04, 23:03

Hi to you .
These constructions are far from marginal in ecological circles.
You tell me about an independent house, the Baronnays (Moisdon the river near Nantes) have one that has been self-sufficient in electricity and water for 15 years and they are far from being the only ones.

I participated these days in some construction sites which were very close to the concept of autonomous house; there is even an association which helps certain people to build premises in this state of mind (they prefer collective premises than an individual house): festive sites; alumni of the sunflower association which has been running for a few years with a truck presenting gardening techniques, rainwater harvesting, wind turbines and solar stierling engines.

They are there to bring their knowledge and share their experiences with the volunteers who come to lend a hand on the construction sites.

The materials used are a maximum from local sectors: raw brick, hemp, corded wood, monomur (although I find it difficult to see the ecological side of monomur which seems simple but always from an industrial sector), straw , Pierre...
The approach is to promote the closest products while having a global approach.

Dry toilets, phyto-purification, engines that run on oil, windows and green roofs ... you can find everything if you know the right places.

To start looking for eco-festivals it is a good plan to take addresses even if the contacts are less sustained than during a construction site.
I was also told that a gus de paris would be preparing a directory of schoolchildren in France; I should contact him shortly, I will give you news.

If not you can always leaf through the magazines "the ecological house", eco walkways, silence or the magazine decay (not much to see but it's a really nice little newspaper)

The solutions already exist, let's implement them now
0 x
elise
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by elise » 28/09/04, 17:47

Hello and thank you for this info, but it's so small !!!
However it would be great to build housing estates or whatever, with this kind of material, there is so much possibility and nobody acts!
it's really frustrating !!!
:( :(
however there are some entrepreneurs who "dare" to install solar water heaters on villas (I don't know where in the south), people are still convinced that it doesn't work it's still incredible !!!!
I hope it will change !! We could take a little example from our German neighbors!
Come on, I'm going to keep my date and save to build it one day, my green house !!
I will make as much noise as possible to show and re-show everyone that it works !!!!
0 x