Wood stove heating harmful to health?

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 06/11/11, 19:46

The diesel releases a lot of fine particles and worse ultra-fine !!!
While jogging, I am more bothered by the diesels than by the wood of the stoves, except the open fires of wet grass which break all pollution records throughout France !!
Finally it is possible to put particle filters on diesel as well as on wood heating, if you really want, by developing them at an attractive price !!
The current solutions can be democratized, if we want, instead of reserving them at a very high cost, for garbage incinerators !!
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 06/11/11, 21:51

Wood fires are criticized for sending fine dust into the upper atmosphere, which would reduce solar radiation. And on the other hand, we are talking about global warming. I don't know why, but it seems a bit contradictory to me.
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 06/11/11, 22:01

This is true according to some scientific publications, which after studies, conclude that these particles of all kinds of combustion, coal, wood, oil, (especially Chinese and Asian), hide part of the warming !!
Volcanoes are also very efficient, Pinatubo -0,5 ° C.

The huge Toba volcano in Indonesia, with -5 ° C, a new glaciation, 75000 years ago has reduced humanity to around a thousand in South Africa and can be selected the most intelligent to survive ???????
0 x