Wood stove heating harmful to health?

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Chatham
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Chatham » 10/01/08, 14:23

jonule wrote:without laughing, the heads of locomotives sent water to the molten hearth which boosted suddenly, because given the ambient temperature it cracked almost instantly.

Ben will not have to rely on the manufacturers to release such a process! :D

l

To crack water you need a much higher t ° (more than 1500 ° C) than that prevailing in a boiler hearth ... do not dream, the so-called thermal cracking at 300 ° C with pantone c ' is pipeau ...
The water in the locals' fireplace undoubtedly makes it possible to conduct and standardize the heat to give a boost to the boiler, like the water that is poured on volcanic stones in a sauna ...
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 10/01/08, 14:29

: Lol: : Lol: : Lol: @ yours Christophe!

no chatam, we are not in a sauna in a loco home : Cheesy:
and I bet we are well over 300 in a Swedish type stove with smoke flue, it reaches over 1000 ° C.

if not christophe, when i say that the future is in electric regulation, i also mean simplicity!
as does your Deom which regulates the entry of the turbo stove via a very stupid capsule! because yes it's very silly but it should be essential, for what it costs ...
a thermostat probe what! yes it's true there is no elec, but we can dream of better: the elec card of the pellet stove is childish.
there is the same thing for oil stoves (if it exists).

by the way: and an electrolysis to boost the stove? :P
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 10/01/08, 14:40

It was not cracking by thermolysis but the reaction of water with "hot" carbon, I take again the article which I made yesterday ( theses and explanations of water doping ):

- Would water be a catalyst or a reagent for another reaction?

For example: reaction with carbon from fuel (C + H20 -> H2 + CO). Hydrogen is thus obtained which will largely promote combustion. CO is a fuel which will be transformed back into CO2.

Since this reaction is probably also involved in water doping.

ps: about this article, any addition would be welcome:
https://www.econologie.com/forums/synthese-r ... t4600.html
0 x
denis
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by denis » 10/01/08, 17:19

DELAIR wrote:Yes it is harmful, like taking your car. You can die by taking it.
Now, in France, we have a big problem, it is that we want to see the flame at all costs ...
Therefore, particles can indeed pass and pollute the interior of the habitat.
Another thing, it is recognized, that the combustion is not good. So spreading the ashes in a garden allows the subsistence of dioxins, which we no longer find in incinerators.
8)

you can still see the flame through a window !!!
for pollution, I don't see !! : Shock: it produces the ash to do my liquid laundry, and then serves as a fertilizer for the garden! if this is toxic what is not toxic ?, there is no more bio !! even in the mountains, the air is polluted !!
0 x
White would not exist without the dark, but anyway!

http://maison-en-paille.blogspot.fr/
knightkenny
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by knightkenny » 10/01/08, 18:58

Hi everybody : Mrgreen:

just to tell you that after trying various types of heating, I have been using wood for 15 years now.
it is in my opinion the healthiest mode of heating; my wife has been asthmatic since her childhood and her condition has improved since the transition to fireplace and stove mode.
I lived for a while in a slightly damp house and there is nothing better to clean up a house subject to humidity.
of course, it takes a little space to store the wood, cut it and split it if necessary and return it every evening; empty the ashes (which can be used). (these are activities that also heat up)
it is an ecological heating as long as the wood does not come from wild cuts but from a serious sector (renewable energy)
moreover a good wood fire soothes: what could be more relaxing than a good outbreak
I sweep once a month; it takes me about 15 min including cleaning
where I live, the stove is obviously in the living room and it is open (godin type colonial) almost all day; even the cat is camping in front.
above we put the orange and lemon peels or eucaliptus or a small earthenware container with essential oils to flavor the house.
it keeps dishes warm
we make embers in potatoes or a good chamalos session
on the old stove that I used, we even cooked the dishes (soup, stew ect) we prepared the day before and it went to cooking in the morning until evening
the food cooked in the old style very slowly in wood, it's deadly
ah, i almost forgot, we always leave a little water on it in a small saucepan or other to avoid too strong drying of the atmosphere when the weather is cold but dry

and I'm not telling you the hug sessions in front of the fireplace :P

good here, it was just to say

see you
0 x
Ignorance is a White Page where Truth must be inscribed
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 11/01/08, 09:56

yes it's better than in front of the gas boiler : Lol:

so it's good for your health ;-)

otherwise why the water in the pan?
me I have no vmc or any output, it makes too much evaporation right?
I put a hygrometer, from which% you put water, to maintain how much?

ditto the time spent for wood is good for health!
0 x
jlt22
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by jlt22 » 06/11/11, 00:26

Wood energy if it does not emit GHG is one of the most polluting:
Another French paradox, noted by the elected representative of Ile-de-France: the development of wood combustion. "In order to reduce its CO2 emissions, France has encouraged wood heating installations with very incentive tax measures, notes Jean-Félix Bernard. But we must clearly distinguish the fight against global warming from the fight against air pollution. »Release of particles, hydrocarbons, dioxins: heating with wood is very polluting for the air. According to Citepa, in 2007 it was responsible for one-third of fine particle discharges in France and three-quarters of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon discharges from the residential and tertiary sector.

Source:

http://www.lemonde.fr/planete/article/2 ... _3244.html

A Quebec site tells us the same thing:
http://www.mddep.gouv.qc.ca/air/chauf-bois/index.htm
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 06/11/11, 15:10

But right now, in France we burn lots of very humid plants in the open air polluting 1000 times more than very dry in a good boiler or stove.
All the south, 83, 06, PACA, etc. is allowed to burn in the open air very humid, after the rains since there is no longer any risk of fire and we laugh at the pollution for hundreds of kilometers !!

In any case, collect all the free plants and wood that are lying around, even at your neighbors who smoke you for whole days by burning them in the open air very humid (prohibited in very dry weather given the risk of fire !!! !), by drying them thoroughly in the summer sun and heating yourself for free with in your boilers, stoves or insert with a good yield and 1000 times less pollution than that of your neighbors burning that very humid in the open air !!!

Having been fed up with jogging for months in these fumes, I even had a ticket issued against neighbors burning in addition their junk (pallets, plastics) for building outdoor houses, while it is prohibited in the 91 !!!!
At the moment after the rains, burning in the open air with harmful fumes is authorized throughout the south of France, smoked for hundreds of kilometers !!!

Finally for the price of a stove you can buy in Germany a good shredder and a pelletizer to make your pellets from any vegetable, yourself and free perpetually !!!!
https://www.econologie.com/forums/post215562.html#215562
and ask to see and check the operation on your plants before, since the heating is full of scams on all scales even among French pros selling in Argentina !!!

Finally, the manipulation of plants, in particular its essential hedges, is a very good exercise for health, especially my sciatica !!!

Finally, if you burn wood by the sea that has soaked in seawater, know that this wood full of salt (therefore with CL-) makes 100 to 1000 times more dioxins than unsalted wood, especially burnt in open air, as we do on all the beaches of France, to make them clean (sic) !!!
dioxin equals Chlorine with benzene in organic molecules in wood !!
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 06/11/11, 18:26

chevalierkenny wrote:the food cooked in the old style very slowly in wood, it's deadly
Well you can see that it is bad for health !!
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 06/11/11, 19:25

Better to heat with wood than to use Uranium indirectly ...
In addition, as mentioned by Dedelco, the wood recovered in the forest is free, and if it is not burned will go into the atmosphere in the form of methane, so you might as well use it.
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.