The Black File of Green Energies with Science and Life

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
toto65
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

The Black File of Green Energies with Science and Life

by toto65 » 12/03/08, 23:41

1) This subject concerns the black folder of the green energies published in Science and Life of March 2008 which here are some excerpts.

2) I galley like a poor guy to listen to the emission of France inter on the file of science and life on the green energies.
The show was average but I would like to listen again and make a comment more built.
http://www.radiofrance.fr/franceinter/e ... p?id=64672
that's how I do it:

I would like some help, I have tried several methods but I can not. I do not understand
0 x
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 13/03/08, 06:03

Hi toto.
Well, I clicked on (re) listen in one click> listen to the program of March 8, 2008 and it works !!!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/03/08, 09:57

I believe that MisterLoxo is equipped with software to extract audio streams.

If kk1 managed to get it in mp3 I will put it on the site.

I have not read this file yet but from what I briefly heard on the forum, it seems that S&V is giving pride of place to fossil fuels by saying that in any case renewable energies will never be able to supply our current energy consumption.

A bit easy for a "scientific" magazine ... Science is constantly evolving unless lobbyists are not there to prevent it ... at least slow down its evolution ...

This lobbying begins with an intellectual lobbysim, therefore, by providing misleading information to the public .... : roll: : roll:

A word to you ...
Last edited by Christophe the 23 / 06 / 08, 12: 54, 1 edited once.
0 x
Hydraxon
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Hydraxon » 13/03/08, 12:01

On the other hand, I also do not like politicians buying an image of ecologists by placing a few wind turbines knowing full well that they are useless compared to a nuclear power station.

Science evolving permanently unless lobbyists are not there to stop it

Since it has been discovered, the photon always has zero mass. Is it because a lobby prevented him from being given a mass?

You have to be careful with this kind of sentence. Scientific reasoning must be based on the state of knowledge, not what we hope to change.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/03/08, 12:06

+ 1 with politician and wind. Moreover, the more politicians invest in renewable energies. This explains why (among other things) doping with water, much more econological interest only very little: it is not seen ...

For the science / lobbying allusion, it concerned applied research rather than basic research, of course ...

Example: you may not have seen 2 days the world according to Monsanto because it was one of the conclusions of this report (documentary a little contestable by its orientation and commitment but it is not the subject).

And as you say: the facts are facts then when some university scientists have their credits cut (or worse dy style discrediting their honor!) because they dare to speak the truth about their "negative" research results on GMOs sorry you call this what you want but I call that lobbying.

Coincidentally, the same methods are used for studies on GSM and electromagnetic pollution ... I'm not even talking about doping with water that is simply ignored ...
0 x
Louhac
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

to answer the question asked ...

by Louhac » 13/03/08, 14:07

You need a real player to listen to the program in archive from the site of the show.
If not, you can subscribe (free) to the CO2 mon amour podcast from the show's website or from the iTunes store (click at the bottom right on "podcast directory"). For my part, I only listened to the first half of the program and the point did not seem to be to defend fossil fuels, it is not the type of Denis Cheyssoux. He explained that the title of S&V is provocative but in reality it is a question of showing the other side of the coin of certain renewables, so that we should not think of preserving the current way of life by relying on renewables and that of all the best energy is the one that is not consumed.
0 x
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 13/03/08, 14:35

I was able to listen to it in full, I have retained, for the moment, the names of "pioneer" companies:
-Cerespower which, in terms of gas cogeneration, would have increased the yield of industrial cogeneration 30% to a domestic cogeneration of 80%? but I think it's already the numbers Chris gives.
They would like to develop the domestic fuel cell
http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... r%26sa%3DG

-Naskeo, French company specialized in anaerobic digestion
http://www.naskeo.com/

-H3E, French company and Auvergnate who developed a new hydraulic turbine, the aqualienne
http://www.h3e.fr/site_h3e/plaquette_co ... le_v.6.pdf et

https://www.econologie.com/forums/hydrauliqu ... 48-20.html

-Saft for lithium batteries

-Evergreen Solar for photovoltaics
0 x
Chatham
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Chatham » 13/03/08, 16:22

You have to read the S&V file before chatting in a vacuum ... : Cheesy:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/03/08, 16:31

It's not fake Chatam! :)

Have you read it? Turlututu!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/03/08, 17:54

Well I flew over the article in question, it looks pretty good negationist all the same and above all it does not speak about CO2 criteria and profitability ... A little light, no?

The CO2 should not become the only political criterion of choice of an energy, if not sorry but nuclear would be the most advantageous renewable energy of all !!

I'm waiting to listen to the France Inter broadcast to have the "complete" file in mind ... but for the moment it's not very good because even if the renewables are far from ideal, it is necessary compare what is comparable.

But again, I'm concerned that S&V may not have done its job properly: Where are the social economic coupons of oil and gas? War and crimes against humanity of oil and gas at what prices? What about CO2 and indirect environmental costs of fossil fuels? A whole region ravaged (alberta) how much does it cost to the future generation? Etc., etc...

It is so much easier to hide behind the only "CO2" and purely financial profitability by not taking everything into account ...

In short, a file which seems to me very limiting for a "large" review ...
Last edited by Christophe the 23 / 06 / 08, 12: 51, 1 edited once.
0 x