Business and sustainable development

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
h4x0r
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Business and sustainable development

by h4x0r » 03/01/08, 00:18

Hello,
I looked a little on the internet then on this forum (before posting ^^)
and in fact I would like to know which companies are most involved in sustainable development.
I would also like to know if companies are forced to review their policies due to the current state of CO2 and other emissions.
Thank you.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 03/01/08, 00:48

In France it's easy: Renault, PSA, Edf, Total, Suez and Areva are at the top of respect for the environment ... but only in the head of their marketing and advertising department, of course!

I'll answer in more detail tomorrow ... it's late there
0 x
h4x0r
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by h4x0r » 03/01/08, 08:51

ok,
: Arrow: It is true that EDF claims to be 100% ecological because it only releases very little CO2, but in return it buries its nuclear waste.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 03/01/08, 12:52

As promised here is my answer: forget the companies mentioned above which are the bigger hypocrites and liars (with many others unfortunately) towards the environment that exist !!

The real companies that make things happen are the VSEs, SMEs and artisans who do the following things (examples to be completed):

- studies and installation of solar systems
- studies and installation of wood or biomass stove or boiler
- studies and realization of insulation (natural if possible)
- HQE or bioclimatic (or semi) architecture
- rainwater recovery at home
- sale of devices to energy saving like "us" with our economical compact fluorescent bulbs or power meter on outlet
- composting
- etc., etc

None of these areas are dealt with by the multinationals mentioned below, on the contrary, for example Suez (which has a subsidiary called Véolia Environnement) does everything to prevent the recovery of rainwater! It's called lobbying. : Evil:
Last edited by Christophe the 13 / 02 / 15, 14: 01, 1 edited once.
0 x
h4x0r
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by h4x0r » 03/01/08, 13:23

Ok, well thank you very much, that's all I wanted to know ^^

For the info, Google has an ecological policy (more or less), they have 40% of their consumption which is ensured by solar panels, and they sponsor their employees wanting to buy a hybrid vehicle, and they also provide them with bikes.

PS: For hybrid vehicles, is it really a good idea? (fuel cells ...)
0 x
Gregconstruct
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gregconstruct » 03/01/08, 13:25

And the surprise Wattmeter, does it exist ??? : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
0 x
Every action counts for our planet !!!
Chatham
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Chatham » 03/01/08, 13:53

Christophe wrote:In France it's easy: Renault, PSA, Edf, Total, Suez and Areva are at the top of respect for the environment ... but only in the head of their marketing and advertising department, of course!

Respect for the environment is not only CO² emissions: we must not focus on this because the optimization of manufacturing processes are much more important because they generate a very significant reduction in waste, less wastage of energy , raw material and pollution during manufacture, use and recycling at end of life ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 03/01/08, 15:42

h4x0r wrote:For the info, Google has an ecological policy (more or less), they have 40% of their consumption which is ensured by solar panels, and they sponsor their employees wanting to buy a hybrid vehicle, and they also provide them with bikes.

PS: For hybrid vehicles, is it really a good idea? (fuel cells ...)

Yes more or less as you say!

Google first of all implements its datacenter where electricity is the cheapest ... and in the USA it is the cheapest coal electricity!

But I admit that they are all the same concerned by the planet (choice of a datacenter near hydro dam for example) ... they could very well do nothing, so that is a positive point!

ps: for the hyrbide frankly bof it is the same thing as what Ikea promised (of the image that is all) and overall it remains to prove that it is advantageous ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 03/01/08, 15:48

Gregconstruct wrote:And the surprise Wattmeter, does it exist ??? : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

Gregconstruct wrote:Respect for the environment is not only CO² emissions: we must not focus on this

Absolutely, but in this case EdF (+ Areva + Cogema ...) has no other argument than CO2 by defending its electro-nuclear fleet ... : Mrgreen:

So I'm going to refine my first answer (a little too categorical and focused on CO1): car manufacturers have made great efforts in the last 2 years to greatly reduce their consumption of inputs (energy and water in particular) per vehicle produced. Conversely, the life of the vehicle is in free fall so good ... what is the best strategy ... only precise figures could say ...

So if kk1 has a file / report on the input from car manufacturers, I've been looking for one for a long time! :?:
0 x
toto65
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by toto65 » 04/01/08, 02:14

From my point of view, car manufacturers do not have green fiber for a penny.
But I am not objective, (I appreciate them very little).
In the world of ELVs (end of life vehicles)

There are deconstructors and demolishers.
The first are the old "car breakers" who dismantle cars. Where you could get the parts for your car.
The second they pass the car to the crusher and it's finished.
The wreckers were widely supported by car manufacturer unions.
Ben less room on the second hand market is at all profit.
The prefectures are hunting down deconstructors. I do not always give them wrong there is a lot of "cleaning to do" Retention tank for used oils, battery storage etc. etc.
But why don't you be so hard with the wreckers and their big crusher which are supposed to drain the fluids of vehicles.
For google the eco-friendly fiber was born with their need for energy. An energy budget that is swallowed up for their servers, I have an article if you are interested (in English)

Otherwise there is the ISO 14001 standard which makes it possible to distinguish oneself in the environment. The debate is open...
There is a passage in this standard that basically says "you must be in good standing with environmental legislation". that sounds silly but how many companies really respect the law? All those who burn the pallets at the back of the yard? hmm?
0 x