Herlt boilers

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Jacques23
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Herlt boilers

by Jacques23 » 19/01/09, 09:23

Hello everybody
thanks to this forum I found a lot of things on wood boilers. What I'm looking for is a boiler that can swallow anything (wooden logs) as long as it's dry: coniferous, very old wood (I still have wood from the storm of 99 to recover ), occasionally platelets, etc. and all dimensions in diameter (I sometimes make oak blocks in 50x30x30cm!).
I am looking for at least 12 hours of autonomy to keep the fire going.

I have long sought the ideal product (with as little electronics as possible ...) and I finally found the brand Herlt. The HV14 model seems ideal to me: http://www.s146989493.online.de/downloads/Herlt_holzprosp_franz.pdf

Anyone have an opinion or experience on this type of product?
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 19/01/09, 10:02

I did not know this brand but I just read the doc and it looks good to me.

they are reverse combustion boilers therefore prolonged autonomy and wood gzéification ---> high efficiency.
moreover the combustion chamber looks well studied while remaining simple.
the 14kw version of which you speak is not indicated in the table but they speak about it in the text and I have the impression that it corresponds to the description of the HV15.
you still have to plan to add a buffer tank. maybe in the 2000Litres.
do you live in a cold corner what is your house area? and what is your current heating mode and consumption?
0 x
Click my signature
Jacques23
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Jacques23 » 19/01/09, 10:47

Thanks dirk pitt,
yes I am in a region not funny on the climate side, but it is not the worst: the Creuse.
I am currently heating 240m2 with a simple 12 / 14kw closed fireplace purchased from Leroy Merlin. At -10 ° and if it boosts well, I have a temperature of 21 ° in the house, and still it is not finished insulating ...
The problem is that you have to put wood all the time, even every 1/2 hour in very cold weather (I burn for the moment only dead / rotten or resinous wood, little good dense oak) . It is time that I am at home and that I work on my own account at home in the computing. Annual wood consumption: from 9 to 12 strings (1 string = 4 cubic meters here).
We have an oil boiler that we use when we leave for a weekend or longer, so that the house is at least heated to 13-14 °. It is mainly used for hot water. As here we are connected to a water tower, the cold water is absolutely icy when it arrives in the fuel tank ... Result: around 400 euros of fuel per year just for sanitary water! And again, at the current rate ...
A wooden boiler would allow us with 1 load per day to heat the sanitary water and the radiators of the whole house (and would be less hot in the mornings!). The closed hearth would not be stopped because it has the immense advantage of being used as a clothes dryer inside (linen placed in front of a mouth of expulsion of hot air), to completely destroy the excess of humidity, and to renew (and brew) the indoor air (currently at a phenomenal speed!). The renewal is healthy and also good for the evacuation of radon since I am in a very granite region.
If you want to see my current closed fireplace installation: http://www.creusois.com/forums/index.php?showsujet=40
I explain how I recovered the heat ... down to the lengths of the pipes under the roof.
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 19/01/09, 11:10

Hello,
It's a beautiful concept, but I'm afraid of the price.
I always have the same advice when it comes to buying a device that is expensive, it is to ask to see it in operation at a private individual ... if refusal, then hi ...
The good thing about this boiler is that it can burn various types of wood. (not afraid of the tree for example)
I also like the high combustion temperature, which burns the tar.
I also like the high loading capacity.
Now the seller only talks about qualities, he doesn't talk about faults :D (except that it speaks of fumes which escape during loading. not too serious in my opinion)
Small defect which often upsets me, it is these temperatures of chimneys so high ... it is an enormous loss of energy.
I may post a post on this subject.Image
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 19/01/09, 11:16

yes well it fits with my calculations:

if I consider about forty steres of consumption for 240m2 in the hollow, your house has a loss of about (with a big ladle) 0.9 W / m3 ° C, which is quite correct and corresponds to a house already quite isolated .
which gives an internal temperature of 19 ° by -10 ° outside, a heating power of .... 14KW like what, everything is found.

in spite of the reverse loading which allows a good autonomy, it is absolutely necessary to plan for the periods where the cold is less sharp, a buffer tank which allows the boiler to turn anyway at high speed on a loading and then the balloon to diffuse slowly the just necessary heat in the radiators.
0 x

Click my signature
Jacques23
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Jacques23 » 20/01/09, 19:17

It's a beautiful concept, but I'm afraid of the price.

Hello!
The prices vary between 6950 to 7700 euros HT for a boiler recommended for my needs (HV22 / HV35).

I always have the same advice when it comes to buying a device that is expensive, it is to ask to see it in operation at a private individual ... if refusal, then hi ...

This is what I asked, a priori there is no problem.

Now the seller only talks about the qualities, he does not talk about the defects (except that he talks about fumes that escape during loading. Not too serious in my opinion)

No, it does not matter if there is smoke: the boiler will be in a barn.
Their accumulators have no insulation. This may be a disadvantage for some, but I prefer because they are cheaper. It will remain for me to isolate them with rock wool, to mount partitions and to drown it in wooden plates.

Small defect which often upsets me, it is these temperatures of chimneys so high ... it is an enormous loss of energy.
I may post a post on this subject.

I collect them for my closed hearth. Indeed, even on isolated Poujoulat consuits, the recovery of hot air is enormous!
I would like to be interested for this boiler in the recovery of hot air and gases to create current. Does that seem possible to you?

if I consider about forty steres of consumption for 240m2 in the hollow, your house has a loss of about (with a big ladle) 0.9 W / m3 ° C, which is quite correct and corresponds to a house already quite isolated .
which gives an internal temperature of 19 ° by -10 ° outside, a heating power of .... 14KW like what, everything is found.

And 3 rooms are not isolated at all + all the walls of the attic.

in spite of the reverse loading which allows a good autonomy, it is absolutely necessary to plan for the periods where the cold is less sharp, a buffer tank which allows the boiler to turn anyway at high speed on a loading and then the balloon to diffuse slowly the just necessary heat in the radiators.

The company recommends 20x the volume of the fireplace, i.e. 3 to 5000L. The advantage is that in summer, the ball is heated for one day, and there are 10/12 days of hot water.
0 x
Stéphan
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Re: Herlt boilers

by Stéphan » 15/03/22, 10:18

Hello I have a Herlt 35kw wood boiler I am looking for where to buy a combustion chamber because it is changing
Thank you
0 x