What to do with a wind of 1,5 m / s

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
thierry44
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by thierry44 » 03/11/10, 16:55

chatelot16 and bernardd: it is not the "legal" customs fees which are really expensive, rather the small obligatory "gifts" and difficult to control in a one-off importation, in any case the importation from France is less complicated.

Manufacturing the more complicated parts (machining the piston and chamber I guess) for a steam engine and selling to Africa would be a very good idea to dig into. If the prices are reasonable, remember that the country is poor, the market could be huge.

a wind turbine at the top of a 12, 15 m mast scares me a little in terms of maintenance, apart from its cost. Would prefer several smaller ones that I could maintain myself. Of course if the returns are relatively reasonable
0 x
bernardd
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bernardd » 03/11/10, 17:02

thierry44 wrote:it is not the "legal" customs fees that are really expensive

Even if you go through a dhs or ups, a big one?

Otherwise, ask for "samples", given the low number.

Of course for wind turbines, especially since small ones also turn at lower wind speed.

When it comes to steam machines, there are several of us to think about it, but not easy to move forward ...
0 x
See you soon !
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 03/11/10, 20:13

It reminds me of what I had seen some ten years ago in Ivory Coast ... it is not taxes to pay clearly, it was baksheesh and complication, waste of time, and even loss of equipment, machine that arrive with a few pieces less ...

I was hired to make the trip precisely to transport myself the last thing that was missing

difficult to sell by correspondence without security

I appreciate even more the comfort in France of being able to order anything anywhere and to be delivered 2 days later without problem!
0 x