Thank you to everyone who helped me with the construction!

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
titiyador
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by titiyador » 23/12/14, 11:38

So this morning I installed three single-phase diode bridges to rectify the direct current. When empty (without connection to a regulator or a battery), the voltage rises to 26 volts DC. So I think these are the batteries that must be dead, because I then used a regulator which is not suitable for the long term but which is over a short period to get an idea: a solar regulator.

The battery goes up in voltage (13 volts) when the wind turbine turns (and today there is wind). I connect the voltage converter to the battery (which feeds a 150w bulb (yes I do not go with a dead hand) : Cheesy: ), and there again the voltage gradually drops and the intensity of the lighting with.

Dede, I'm sorry, but again, I don't understand the installation that you advise me to measure the voltage loss and measure the intensity ... I have to install a wire on the output of the generator of the coupled wind turbine to another existing wire and compare it to the 10 meter wire bringing the current to the batteries?

I was thinking of something else and it was Citro that gave me the idea, is it not possible to use a car alternator voltage regulator (like this one: http://www.ebay.fr/itm/Regulateur-dalte ... 1584218219) to regulate the voltage of the wind turbine sent to the batteries?
Considering the price, it would be great ...
I think my multimeter should be calibrated, it is new (although maybe that doesn't mean anything ...)

Tim.
0 x
He who sows the wind harvest ... happiness !!
dede2002
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by dede2002 » 23/12/14, 17:23

titiyador wrote:...
Dede, I'm sorry, but again, I don't understand the installation that you advise me to measure the voltage loss and measure the intensity ... I have to install a wire on the output of the generator of the coupled wind turbine to another existing wire and compare it to the 10 meter wire bringing the current to the batteries?

Yep, you got it! If it is an AC line, measure the voltage drop in the AC position.

Your battery is not necessarily in question, I think you consume more than what the wind turbine gives.

With your multimeter you can measure the amperes of direct current (by inserting it in series, black wire in the center red wire on the left, position 20A).

Load side to see the power of the wind turbine, and discharge side for the power of your consumer with the inverter.
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 23/12/14, 19:34

Yes, I also wondered if the wind turbine produced less than the consumption of the converter.

Regarding the multimeter, it is limited to 10A from what I saw the video ... It's fair but it should pass.

I just asked the question to an expert (from forum) who asked me if the motor was any brushless, which I did not know ...
According to him, the culprit is most likely the regulator which is badly designed and brakes the wind turbine as soon as it produces what makes it ineffective ...

We would need an "intelligent" regulator of the type of MPPT solar regulators which allows the wind turbine to run at its optimum operating point.

Automobile voltage regulators have only 2 wires, I don't see how you could connect them to your wind turbine, unless you mount 3 of them ... In addition they need to be connected to the battery for the excitement ...
0 x

Back to "hydraulic, wind, geothermal, marine energy, biogas ..."