Storage of clean energy!

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 04/09/12, 08:42

Did67 wrote:
citro wrote:I'm not sure that the overall performance and cost of biomethane is better.
It seems to me that you tired a little, there ???
It's possible. :|
Thank you for recalling the financial elements. :?

I do not systematically denigrate the biomethanisation. I have not yet visited an installation and I do not know the details (footprint, nature of the materials to be treated and their logistics, necessary staff, ...).

But I reiterate my position on the storage near the wind or PV production sites in order to smooth the current and facilitate the management of the network instead of disturbing it.
This is a different vision from that of high capacity storage that you describe in biomethanation.
It seems to me that in broad outline, we agree. : Mrgreen:
There is an urgent need to develop all these opportunities that combine the environmental, social and economic benefits and are, if we want to take the trouble, able to replace, in the long term, the nuclear, just as the latter replaced the factories local coal-fired power plants that were the first power stations in the French electricity grid.
0 x