Some truths about nuclear

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
momotopo
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Some truths about nuclear

by momotopo » 01/03/08, 21:25

like keep reading that's interesting : Cheesy:

http://www.barons-marques.info/article. ... _nucleaire
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 01/03/08, 21:33

Indeed, one can do without nuclear power provided to take our steps to develop renewable ...

In France, nuclear power is a "Lesser Evil" which should be replaced by a Renewable "Great Good".

SYCOMOREEN including doing a tech solar concentration on innovative proposal:

https://www.econologie.com/forums/piege-hype ... t4917.html

Many other ways, some totally underutilized, promote energetically, Wind, hydro, biomass ...

@+
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 01/03/08, 21:50

Well, some explanation anyway, you would say that records the heat energy coming out of the reactor and not the number of MWh exiting the alternator ??????
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
momotopo
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by momotopo » 01/03/08, 21:59

you read correctly !!!

I know EDFs who tell me that the "real" efficiency between the base energy and the user is close to 15%.

Amazing, no? looked like Desproges : Cheesy: : Cheesy:
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 01/03/08, 22:20

Oh, but be aware ausi it very difficult to convert more than 50% of the heat into mechanical energy ...

The performance of the thermal fission energy than electric available to the user should be usually in 30%.

Now for a user to 400 km from the plant after fifty transformer mounted forklifts / buck ... Mayhap we fall in 15% ...
: Idea:

@+
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 03/03/08, 10:28

TFW not ben: it's on!

besides the pretty horrible THT pylons that make 400 km ...

wind turbines produce neatly near you!
0 x
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 03/03/08, 11:47

The link given by Momotopo, qqchose concerns me:

Note that France is an overall exporter of electricity (*) but that the situation is very different vis-à-vis Germany: circled in red above, the balance of "exports" to Germany is ... negative. These are imports.

(*) France exports electricity when prices are low, but it's very important when consumption is high and therefore when prices are highest. Result: in 2006, France exported 4,1 billion euros of electricity, but it has still imported 1,5 billion!

Note on CO2 emissions:
Most of these imports take place when the millions of electric convectors installed in France by EDF and the French State are in operation in order to "justify" the construction of nuclear reactors. But, ultimately, it is the German power plants - strongly emitting CO2 - which supply some of these French electric heaters. These emissions CO2 should therefore logically be credited to France, and even the French nuclear. It therefore appears that the nuclear industry, in addition to its own defects (risks, radioactive waste, environmental releases, proliferation), is co-responsible for the worsening of global warming.

Since 4 years, Germany is net exporter of electricity to France:

Provisional figures for 2007

We note in these tables that the "exports" of French electricity to Germany are… negative: they are imports. For 2007, the figures are provisional, but we can already see that the situation worsened compared to 2006 (imports from Germany increased by 8%, exports decreased by 16%).
France has therefore been importing electricity from Germany for 4 consecutive years. It is in fact a lie to claim that Germany would get out of nuclear power "thanks to French nuclear electricity". CQFD.
0 x
Christophe

Re: Some truths about nuclear

by Christophe » 03/03/08, 11:51

momotopo wrote:like keep reading that's interesting : Cheesy:

http://www.barons-marques.info/article. ... _nucleaire

This site tends to believe bullshit like his readers 1.6 kg / CO2 per liter of LPG ... believing that LPG car will reject less CO2 ... except it will consume 30% of L more... : Mrgreen:

Here are other truths:

correspondingly, when a plant is depreciated, the cost price of the nuclear kWh becomes very low (little higher than 1 euro cent). Hence the current trend to extend the lifespan of power plants in the US as well as Europe.

How much is a plant or a nuclear reactor? What is the cost of a nuclear kWh?
Last edited by Christophe the 03 / 03 / 08, 12: 21, 1 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 03/03/08, 11:55

momotopo wrote:I know EDFs who tell me that the "real" efficiency between the base energy and the user is close to 15%

15% I do not agree, except at low load during "special" operations.

30 35% is the average French reactor in operation and the next will probably be closer to 45% ...
0 x
Chatham
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Chatham » 03/03/08, 12:14

To begin with, Germany does not "get out" of nuclear power but has only frozen new constructions while waiting for more efficient technology, moreover German power stations are very ecological: a lot of coal and lignite which destroy entire landscapes, fuels which before the use of very sophisticated filters and of considerable cost, were abominably polluting (sulfur, heavy metals) ...
And 15% yield for nuclear power plants is really anything precisely because the performance of heat emission / energy recovery steam / turbine is very good ...

This is not new but denies rumors:
0 x