Some truths about nuclear

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 03/03/08, 12:59

Chatham wrote:And 15% yield for nuclear power plants is really anything precisely because the performance of heat emission / energy recovery steam / turbine is very good ...

no, but that's not what interests us: what matters is the final electricity supplied to the individual's meter!

ME: I live 100 km from a power station (that of Bellevue, near Beaulieu, now these names are cursed ...): what is my performance?
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 03/03/08, 14:07

by the way, as long as I say "a few truths about nuclear power", I give this good post on the discharges from power plants (not to speak only of performance):
https://www.econologie.com/forums/cogeneration-nucleaire-t4695-10.html

once again to speak about nuclear yield, it is necessary to include the extraction of the ore, the treatment, the transport, the dismantling of the power stations etc etc etc etc etc ... yours.
0 x
crispus
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by crispus » 04/03/08, 09:46

Remundo wrote:Now for a user to 400 km from the plant after fifty transformer mounted forklifts / buck ... Mayhap we fall in 15% ...

The transformers have excellent yields, admitting 99% a cascade of 50 still transmits 60% of the energy. By cons online losses are far from negligible, I have never been able to read numbers. EdF communicates little about it ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 04/03/08, 09:53

99% efficiency uh it is the modern ones then ... because the old ones (still largely in service) with electric oil (ex pyralene) and "big" cooling fins had to be far from the 99% ...
0 x
Chatham
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Chatham » 04/03/08, 09:54

jonule wrote:
Chatham wrote:And 15% yield for nuclear power plants is really anything precisely because the performance of heat emission / energy recovery steam / turbine is very good ...

no, but that's not what interests us: what matters is the final electricity supplied to the individual's meter!

ME: I live 100 km from a power station (that of Bellevue, near Beaulieu, now these names are cursed ...): what is my performance?

Well your return in transport will be EXACTLY the same if it were a coal, gas, hydroelectric dam, etc ...
to avoid line losses, you will need a multitude of close micro-plants or else produce the current yourself like a guy I know who installed a microturbine on the stream that crosses his very isolated Vosges farm ... but not everyone has no stream and even less a private house ...
0 x
loop
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by loop » 04/03/08, 12:36

Hello

We often fire red bullets on wind power, and yet, this is an argument in favor of its decentralized location
In my region, favored by the winds, the wind farms grow like mushrooms
There will soon be a park every 10 km, while the nearest power station is more than 100 km away.

To return to nuclear power, don't forget under what conditions the uranium from our dear power stations is extracted!

See the link below (article at the end on mines in Niger)

https://www.econologie.com/forums/plus-d-eol ... t4857.html

A+
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 05/03/08, 10:04

Chatham wrote:a guy I know who installed a microturbine on the stream which crosses his very isolated Vosges farm ... but not everyone has a stream and even less a private house ...

no but wind yes ;-)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/03/08, 11:06

Ah I did not tilt right away but Germany still produces 47% of its electricity with..CHARBON ... even if it drops ... it's too much ...

We are shooting at China and India but our closest neighbor is much worse ...

Chatham wrote:This is not new but denies rumors:

So "clean and green" Germany makes me laugh. : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

The heat pump vendors who argue in Germany that it is renewable and clean energy are liars and escrologists ... : Cry:
0 x
Chatham
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Chatham » 05/03/08, 11:18

And we will notice that the "kernenergie" (nuclear) part is stable (it is the other parts which have increased slightly).
Just for information, the last giant failure was caused by the lack of flow from the wind turbines (more wind) on a sector not very well meshed, which caused the collapse of the system by overload ... like what it does is not a panacea ...
Yep, the Germans are still largely coal-fired, but the "erdgas" (natural gas) share has risen sharply with the advantage of a very rapid start in the event of ... lack of wind or a significant increase in demand. Private (Russian) gas power stations are also planned in France ... hoping that the Russians do not turn off the tap ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/03/08, 11:27

The% is certainly stable but what about the absolute value? I imagine that demand has increased in 15 years ...

And then a single plant that closes is 5 to 10% less at once .... I mean by that: it is not because the share of nuke is constant that it cannot be " quickly "lowered ... but if it is to replace it with Kohle or gas ... frankly blah ...

Astonishing also: hydraulics which gained 1% (especially in relative) which means the construction of new installations (except in the event of a fall in demand which I don't think) when we thought it was saturated for 30 years ...
0 x