Silo for pellets and resistance screed

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...

What type of silo do you have with your pellet boiler?

The poll expired on 27 / 02 / 12, 11: 17

Textile silo
no votes
Hard silo
50%
I do not have a silo
50%

Total votes: 4
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 04/02/12, 21:29

I have the impression that you are getting upset for not much, ignoring the precise reality of this particular case ... 8)

I have seen a lot of basement "slabs" made, this is how it works *: a welded mesh with square meshes is placed on the ground (with or without preliminary hedgehog, depending on the ground), concrete is spread , the trellis is raised slightly so that it is in the thickness of the concrete (with the teeth of a rake!), the level is completed, everything is pulled with a rule then floated ...

Without prejudice to the case examined in this post, I do not call it reinforced concrete, just concrete held by a light trellis to avoid too large cracks.

This trellis does not play a large role in the resistance to mechanical forces for two reasons:
1- the son used is significantly smaller than the irons used in structure.
2- the trellis is positioned approximately and it is in the middle zone of the thickness of the concrete, therefore at the level of the neutral fiber (in the BA, the location is very precise and is located at the bottom or at the top of the slabs or beams, in areas subject to tension, never in the middle).

* except in the case of unstable ground (close to the water table) where a real slab, called "floating", was necessary: ​​very thick, heavily scrapped since it supports the house.
The other solution would have been to put the house on concrete piles driven to a resistant level, but it is much more expensive ...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Did67

by Did67 » 05/02/12, 10:59

Obamot wrote:

I was also talking about a slab on the floor, I even say that we need to spread lean concrete on aggregates or all-comers ... etc. In short, no floor slab!

I understand what everyone has written in each of his posts. It's not wrong and at the same time, these are just "punctual truths"!

I spoke, as I have always said, of a slab on a void ... and twice, in response to my assertion that such a slab I attracted a peremptory: "it's wrong!" and then "it's still wrong"!

Because if you go back to the start; before pouring out your science, there was a discussion and I explained that there was a confusion: "someone" had told whoever created this thread [his nickname escapes me just now] that its slab would support 250 kg / m²; I had explained that this was the "resistance" of a slab on a vacuum; that a slab on a ground would support much more ... without being able to say how much.

Before Obamaot brings back his science and launches his anathemas on the theme "you are not an engineer ..."

Everyone can read again at the beginning ...

So in the end, is that no longer false?

That's all.

[Yes, there is on this forum some posts in which I admit my wrongs, and even in which I apologize ... So a contrario, when it's not wrong, I don't like to write it and repeat it with plumb!]
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 05/02/12, 11:09

Ahmed wrote:I have the impression that you are getting upset for not much, ignoring the precise reality of this particular case ... 8)

I have seen a lot of basement "slabs" made, this is how it works *: a welded mesh with square meshes is placed on the ground (with or without preliminary hedgehog, depending on the ground), concrete is spread , the trellis is raised slightly so that it is in the thickness of the concrete (with the teeth of a rake!), the level is completed, everything is pulled with a rule then floated ...

Without prejudice to the case examined in this post, I do not call it reinforced concrete, just concrete held by a light trellis to avoid too large cracks.

This trellis does not play a large role in the resistance to mechanical forces for two reasons:
1- the son used is significantly smaller than the irons used in structure.
2- the trellis is positioned approximately and it is in the middle zone of the thickness of the concrete, therefore at the level of the neutral fiber (in the BA, the location is very precise and is located at the bottom or at the top of the slabs or beams, in areas subject to tension, never in the middle).

* except in the case of unstable ground (close to the water table) where a real slab, called "floating", was necessary: ​​very thick, heavily scrapped since it supports the house.
The other solution would have been to put the house on concrete piles driven to a resistant level, but it is much more expensive ...

1) Yes, I'm getting excited for the reason I just wrote ... Allergy to injustice.

2) I agree with you; the slabs of "private" houses, that's generally it.

3) This is only an opinion but I think that there are thousands of slabs of this type which easily support thousands of pellet silos; there are tens of thousands of pellet silos that have been installed without a "structural study" I think across europe; I don't know of a case carried over to a forum (I am several) where that did not pose a problem; on the other hand, I know a lot of malfunctions of boilers, circulators, 3-way valves mounted upside down, finally lots: we hear, a number of cases!

Therefore, knowing that this is only an opinion and not a "study", I took the liberty of writing that in my opinion there is no problem, unless the creator of this thread (which I thought was overly worried - but it is his right) is allergic to the slightest crack; because that, there may be ... And unless the house is built on a spring or in a swamp, it will have no practical consequences, almost all the slabs made as you describe are cracked and that it does not change anything in use ...

I maintain this opinion.
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 05/02/12, 11:22

Bein as you say: it's "usually" it. Which doesn't mean that's it.

Did67 wrote:There you are in a completely different configuration, of a slab that rests on the ground ...

Even if you can assume, where did you read that he would have said that?

As Dedelco said in his remarks which did not get an answer either. A 12cm concrete slab may very well not rest directly on the ground (slabs, etc.)

bnohit wrote: in my new construction.
[...]

The complete installation (boiler + silo), is planned in my basement. The basement slab was poured in 12cm concrete, with reinforcement of welded mesh (a standard garage in short).

I would point out in passing that no one mentioned that the weight of the boiler had to be added (within the constraints of "Permanent charges») ... So it's not 5 tonnes, but more!

Nothing more, for me it's insufficient to give a clear opinion.

bnohit wrote:What is a good hedgehog? we are talking about the quality of drainage of the soil below the dale is that it? No problem with me, it is pebbles, very hard and very draining soil.

I see [possibly] a certain contradiction between a very hard and very draining soil ... Either the soil is draining and it is composed of gravel / aggregates of different grain sizes and then yes, the water can circulate very easily, but it is not "hard" ... or it is hard (rock) and it is not draining ... Or finally, it is "hard" AND draining, but in this case, there is strong chance that it is not homogeneous: hence my warnings. [But this is obviously not the only data that is so unclear.]

This is why we cannot say that it is "true".

So, until he knows more, the BA technician is silent. : Mrgreen: and as long as Bnohit doesn't answer the questions, we won't be able to find out more, so we can't say anything: CQFD.
Last edited by Obamot the 05 / 02 / 12, 12: 10, 1 edited once.
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 05/02/12, 11:41

... and slab in the basement ok ... but no cross-sectional sketch of the land either!

I point out to you in passing, that nobody:
- did not mention that it was necessary to add the weight of the boiler (within the constraints of "Permanent charges») ... So it's not 5 tonnes, but much more! And no complete inventory possible of all constraints for the time being !? Since ... no one ...
- don't know where, and how are the foundation soles made ?!
- do not know if there is a technical vacuum ?!
- do not know what is the number of stages / s ?!
- do not know what load the land exerts against the wall / s of the basement! and the structure?
- does not know how the anchors are made.
- does not know if there are already any micro-cracks or cracks in the slab in question or the related walls (as suggested by Dedelco). Whether near the supports or in the center, or even around the boiler if it is already there ...

Did67 wrote:3) This is only an opinion but I think that there are thousands of slabs of this type which without any problem support thousands of pellet silos; there are tens of thousands of pellet silos that have been installed without a "structural study" I think across europe; I do not know of a case reported on a forum (I am several) where that did not pose a problem;

: Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

here, even without an exceptional "load": cases, do you want some here ...>
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 05/02/12, 12:37

Definitely, bad faith to the end (or simple superiority complex difficult to cure?):

- I was obviously speaking that on the threads where I am (from the verb "follow") the question of pellet boilers (France and Germany), I do not know of a reported case where the installation of a silo posed a problem of structures; I obviously never said that there are no houses that do not have a problem with cracks (the cause of which you know very well in the majority of cases: construction on retractable clays / marshy areas and shrinkage during droughts in the absence of sufficient chaining; nothing to do with silos of pellet boilers - just let it be clear how far your bad faith leads you!)

- the boilers weigh approximately 300 kg for domestic powers and rest at four points; they are not placed in the same place as the silo; it seemed important to me that you insist on the weight of the boiler! In short, to believe you before installing a freezer in the garage and filling it, you need a structural study (we can't say that you aren't defending your job!)

- on the other hand, on these wires, there are mention of many other problems

- our posts are never "studies" (there is only you to pull out the big game here) but simple opinions or testimonials, I conclude, in simple boeotian, that if bnohit goes towards a choice of pellet boiler, it is very likely not to know a problem, and if problem there is, very likely that it is another problem than the silo which sinks or s 'collapses ...

- I maintain that there were other ways of answering, less marked by superiority, than to throw out peremptory "it's false"; "still wrong" in the first line of the post [when it was not!]
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 05/02/12, 15:35

Obviously in the era of "early prevention»Who (?) Could do other than maintain thatPrevention is better than cure. 8) Are you planning, right?

Did67 wrote:superiority complex difficult to cure?

here we are : Shock: : roll:

Stop hurting yourself, huh ... :|
0 x