Silo for pellets and resistance screed

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...

What type of silo do you have with your pellet boiler?

The poll expired on 27 / 02 / 12, 11: 17

Textile silo
no votes
Hard silo
50%
I do not have a silo
50%

Total votes: 4
antoinet111
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by antoinet111 » 28/01/12, 16:02

I didn't know it existed without. : Mrgreen:
0 x
I vote for the writing of concrete post and practicality.
Down the talkers and ceiling fans!
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 28/01/12, 16:22

The big-bags used for the delivery of sand do not have an opening at the bottom.
It should also be easy to build a silo comprising a metal frame and simple planks; one side consisting of sliding boards in U-shaped profiles for picking the pellets as the height of the pile decreases.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
bnohit
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by bnohit » 28/01/12, 17:46

manet42 wrote:-12 cm of reinforced concrete that should not be a problem (if good hedgehog below).
-The textile silo has an opening at the bottom for supplies ... not the big bags.
- At 1990 € the Okofen textile silo, I chose to build a permanent silo (around 200 €).

JC

1990 Euro, what is the price of a silo of what capacity, and what range (Flexilo, Flexilo simple, Flexilo flat bottom, or Flexilo compact)?

What is a good hedgehog? we are talking about the quality of drainage of the soil below the dale is that it? No problem with me, it's pebbles, very hard and very draining soil.

For the load of 5t on the 12cm of concrete, what is the calculation rule to apply to make sure that everything is fine?
0 x
manet42
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by manet42 » 28/01/12, 18:06

The hedgehog is the bottom of the concrete: crushed tiles, bed of pebbles ... etc.
For the silo price, here is the Okofen price:

https://www.econologie.info/share/partag ... IC3Vbb.pdf

For calculations, not simple, it's complicated you need to know the dosage of concrete, the diameter of the irons, their spacing ..).
In principle for a single house, 300kg / m3, the trellis, I don't know!
JC
0 x
Continually trying we finally succeed. So more it fails, the more likely it is that it works.
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 28/01/12, 18:43

No problem with 12 cm concrete slab and wire mesh at the bottom on beefy ground for 5 tonnes, if conventional concrete (and not that of lean tiles).
On this kind of slab, I saw heavier trucks pass !!
0 x
bnohit
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by bnohit » 29/01/12, 11:09

manet42 wrote:For the silo price, here is the Okofen price:

https://www.econologie.info/share/partag ... IC3Vbb.pdf

Thank you manet42 for the prices;) super informative at the time.

dedeleco wrote:No problem with a 12 cm concrete slab and wire mesh screened at the bottom on sturdy ground for 5 tonnes, if conventional concrete (and not that of slender tiles).
On this kind of slab, I saw heavier trucks pass !!

dedeleco, you who looks not too bad at knowing yourself in slabs, do you confirm what I could read here and there for concrete slabs: resistance = 250Kg / m2? So, I admit that I don't really know how to interpret this recommendation :?
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 29/01/12, 12:13

250 kg / m² is the standard for a slab with the vacuum below : your living room, the floor of the restaurant room, classroom on the 1st floor of the school, etc ...

There you are in a completely different configuration, of a slab that rests on the ground ...

Silos in kit form, it is installed every day in the most diverse basements: I have never heard of a problem ... [I spend most of my free time on the sites dedicated to pellet boilers - I have witnesses here!) It is likely that your slab will crack; if it’s dry below, where’s the problem, except being manic?

You will observe on any construction site that cement silos are installed on a floor covered with a simple bed of gravel ...

So unless you are a maniac and the first crack horrifies you, there will be no problem ...
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 29/01/12, 14:06

Completely agree with:
250 kg / m² is the standard for a slab with the vacuum below

upstairs, often, with a thickness of 5cm slab, with prestressed beams !!

If the ground is well packed, firm, underneath, and the slab not too large, less than 5 to 10m, there will be no cracks except violent shocks, like a truck of 5 to 20T which sinks on it, as on motorways, who have this kind of slab !!
0 x
bnohit
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by bnohit » 29/01/12, 15:11

Did67 wrote:So unless you are a maniac and the first crack horrifies you, there will be no problem ...

lol, yep that's kind of the problem : Oops: I am a maniac and I would like to avoid cracks as much as possible! I am already reassured to see that this is not "dangerous in itself" ... ie, direct deterioration of the concrete in its mass has caused the load.
If you know people who have installed kit silos in their garage in new construction with concrete slab, I would be really interested to see photos. Do you think that by putting skids (type metal plate) at the feet of the silo, I will reduce the risk of cracks?

dedeleco wrote:If the ground is well packed, firm, underneath, and the slab not too large, less than 5 to 10m, there will be no cracks except violent shocks, like a truck of 5 to 20T which sinks on it, as on motorways, who have this kind of slab !!

No kidding ? : Shock: highways have a simple 12cm concrete slab? I never imagined that. Thank you for the clarification.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 29/01/12, 16:34

Yes, I am correcting, I should have written: "at worst, a risk of cracking ..."

NB: This can also happen without a silo! Over ten meters, it is rare that a slab does not crack

You go to "futura", there is a thread "what a pellet boiler" with lots of people having silos in kit. (Me, mine is self-built and rests at multiple points).
0 x