Search using boiler settings OKOFEN PE 15

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
logredudon
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Search using boiler settings OKOFEN PE 15

by logredudon » 08/11/08, 23:56

An okofen Pellmatic PE15 boiler is installed in the pavilion I just bought (120m2 (basement, ground floor, attic)). Note that it was built in bricks monomur 37,5cm + roof insulation glass wool 24 cm.

In the ground floor is installed floor heating, in the attic radiators.

My question concerns the setting of the heating curve of 2 circuits.

For underfloor heating: heating curve: 1 heating foot: 23 ° C

for radiators: heating curve: 1,2 heating feet: 35 ° C

Do you think these settings are correct?
is it sufficient 35 ° C as the temperature for the radiators. It seemed to me that it needed at least 50 ° C

Because I find that my boiler remains active often in the day, is this normal? And yet it is not so cold yet ...

Finally, could someone explain to me what the curve and the foot of heating please?

I thank you in advance for all the information you can bring me.
0 x
marc91
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

setting

by marc91 » 09/11/08, 13:30

Hello
as a heating engineer, I will try to explain to you

the curve corresponds to a temperature of water sent in the circuit, compared to an external temperature (if the regul has an external probe)

by expl: for 10 ° extle circuit sends water to 25 °
for 0 ° the circuit sends water to 45 °

the curve foot is 25
the slope is softer on a floor circuit
that for the radiator circuit, the best is to make temperature readings, and to adjust

PS: do not make night reduction on heated floors, given the inertia (from 4 to 8 hours)

a + :D
0 x
tired of gogo's Greenest
logredudon
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by logredudon » 09/11/08, 14:11

Thank you for this info !
If I understand correctly, in theory a heating foot does not change any season ...

And what do you think of the heating curve settings of my 2 circuits?

For underfloor heating: heating curve: 1
heating foot: 25 ° C

for radiators: heating curve: 1,2
heating foot: 35 ° C

Should they be modified?

In addition, I find that my boiler gets started often in the day, is this normal? And yet it is not so cold yet ...
0 x
marc91
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

SETTINGS

by marc91 » 10/11/08, 20:00

Good evening

the problem is what temperature do you have in your rooms?

if you are cold you can increase the curve
foot and head of curve in the same proportions!
if you only increase the foot of the curve you will only increase in mild weather!
and vice versa to lower

when the problem of restarting, I do not know if your regulation allows the lowering of temperature, if it is the case for the radiator circuit, no problem.

a lowering of 2 or 3 degrees poses no problem

on the other hand for the floor!
the inertia causes that it will begin to cool 4 hours after, and to warm up 4 hours after.
:D
0 x
tired of gogo's Greenest
logredudon
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by logredudon » 14/11/08, 20:01

Hello again,

one more thing :

Right now for underfloor heating, I have a curve foot at 23 °, a slope at 0.7, the boiler set at 19 ° and I have 21-22 in the living room (I even put 2 thermometers for be certain). When I check the boiler with 2 ° C outside, I have water at 30 ° at floor heating which corresponds to 23 + 0,7 * (13-2).

So I think my insulation (monomur brick 37.5cm + glass wool roof insulation 24cm) is doing its job.

By cons the boiler is short time without heating (about 20 min between a stop and a new ignition). Is it normal, in your opinion, for the heating body to come down as quickly from 76 ° to 60 °?
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 14/11/08, 20:15

the curve foot and slope values ​​may not be the only ones responsible for these repeated stops.
maybe the boiler is oversized. or it is the parameters of boiler and not of regulation of the circuit which are not well regulated.
I have the same boiler and I have a lot of adjustments before having long walk phases that are much better for this kind of boiler because as you've noticed, it is long to start and s' switch off. it's normal.
look this post that I did.
this boiler is modulating, which means that it tries to adapt its power as needed. when it starts up, if you turn on the left screen, you can see all the bars of the bargraph and when it arrives at around 69 ° C it decreases its power and normally should "stagnate" around 70-74 ° C if it is well sized and well adjusted.
if it arrives quickly at 75 ° C and cuts itself off, it means that it is either too powerful or that it modulates badly.
observe what happens on a few cycles at the bargraph and post the answers.
Hello

PS The values ​​of the curves are fairly standard and seem correct a priori but everything depends on the losses of the house.
0 x
Click my signature
logredudon
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by logredudon » 15/11/08, 09:36

So it is normal that it turns almost continuously. I was afraid that it induces an overconsumption granules ...

On the other hand, the display you are talking about remains stuck on "pellets control". Is this a display problem? How to solve it?
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 15/11/08, 11:48

logredudon wrote:So it is normal that it turns almost continuously. I was afraid that it induces an overconsumption granules ...

beware, there is continuous and continuous.
if as I thought I understand it it works 10 minutes and stops to leave 10 minutes after: THIS IS NOT NORMAL.

on the other hand if it starts then stabilizes to 70-72 ° C and walk like that during 1 hour then stops 20 with 30 minutes then restarts, it is OK

cycles must have ON times of at least 30 minutes. otherwise excessive consumption of pellets and electricity

logredudon wrote:On the other hand, the display you are talking about remains stuck on "pellets control". Is this a display problem? How to solve it

this display remains on pellet control and displays a bargraph of the power. it's normal.
what I indicated in the other post is an append function to read other parameters
0 x

Click my signature
Did67

Re: setting

by Did67 » 15/11/08, 18:08

marc91 wrote:
PS: do not make night reduction on heated floors, given the inertia (from 4 to 8 hours)

a +: D

I do one anyway, limited to 1,5 ° C, and precisely playing on inertia: it switches to reduced mode at 18 pm, which does not really feel until around 22/23 pm; in the morning, I leave in "day" mode at 6 am, knowing that the Okofen boiler has an anticipation system of up to 210 minutes. I put on 210, but this is modulated according to the temperatures observed.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 15/11/08, 18:13

logredudon wrote:Thank you for this info !
If I understand correctly, in theory a heating foot does not change any season ...

Once your curve parameters are "set", nothing changes (except possibly the desired temperature, depending on moods, activities, etc.). If the curve is set, the regulation adapts according to the outside temperature. This is precisely the objective!

To "call", you need at least two points: one when it is mild, one when it is very cold. We may have to do several iterations before having perfectly obtained the callage ...
0 x