Wind radiator?

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
gaeldk
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Wind radiator?

by gaeldk » 17/01/07, 22:10

Hello,

At home it is always windy and I would like to make the most of it.

The final goal is to heat a greenhouse with the most econological energy possible.

The idea would be to transform the mechanical energy of my vertical axis wind turbine directly into heat, all without going through electricity as intermediate energy.

I tell myself that the only way to convert pure mechanical rotational energy into heat is by friction. But is the fuel efficiency interesting and how to maximize the effects of friction?

Ideas ?
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 17/01/07, 22:57

There is indeed, (at Wiessman, I believe) a device which transforms by friction a rotary movement into thermal energy

There is at least one installed in Belgium, at a private home, between Arlon and Orval, driven by a paddle wheel
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/01/07, 22:57

By transforming energy into friction and then heat you will obtain the best possible performance ... to see the "rest" of the system ...

In this type of conversion, the energy collected on the shaft of the
wind motor is transformed directly into heat by mechanical friction of a heat transfer fluid. The thermal energy is then transported by heat-insulated pipes to the building to be heated. Among the possible systems allowing a mechanothermal conversion, the systems using hydraulic converters are the most used: Paddle agitator and Hydrokinetic couplers

As for maximizing the friction efficiency, this requires further study ...
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 17/01/07, 22:59

Christophe, I styled you at the pole, there! :D
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/01/07, 23:30

Pout :)

Are you sure Viessmann is selling this to the individual?
In my opinion the request should not be frequent ... and I think that each project should be + or - a prototype ...
Last edited by Christophe the 18 / 01 / 07, 08: 54, 1 edited once.
0 x
gaeldk
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by gaeldk » 18/01/07, 08:44

We look forward to seeing you!

Do you know where to find a diagram or something more concrete? I would like to do this myself.

Thank you
0 x
gaeldk
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by gaeldk » 05/03/07, 22:17

I repeat my question ... with you details on this system? How to generate friction in a heat transfer liquid?

Thank you
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 06/03/07, 00:13

Hello
gaeldk wrote:I repeat my question ... with you details on this system? How to generate friction in a heat transfer liquid?

Thank you

a simple oil pump and you push the liquid through a small hole
or you roll it through a barely open needle valve, it starts to heat up
this is one of the drawbacks in simple pressure valve systems (a ball with a spring clamped and oil is pushed on the ball it is not long that all the oil tank starts to heat up

Andre
0 x
ThierrySan
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by ThierrySan » 06/03/07, 01:28

Yes, absolutely, you can use a pump directly driven at the shaft outlet of your wind turbine ... But it could be mechanically hot! By belt ?!
Then, you can make a system style like for air conditioning ... You will use heat in winter and you can even use coolness in summer! : Wink:

Alternatively, by simple friction, you can also rub two metal parts on each other in a liquid environment to transport your heat produced by a piping ... Ventilated brake style with two brake pads in an oily environment or with a heat transfer liquid ...
0 x