Questioning wind

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
xxx74
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Questioning wind

by xxx74 » 08/02/16, 07:33

Hello,

Living in a plain at about 1000m altitude where the winds are regularly strong or violent, I ask myself the question about the installation of a wind. To give you an idea, I had to throw the classic parable sold with the kit channel or other that the former owner had left me because she did not hold the settings because of the wind, so I put a fuba, double-arm, whose quality has nothing to do, ø80, and even with this one, screw adjustment very tight, it sometimes happens to deregler.

Knowing nothing, could you give me information?

Already, concerning the noise nuisance? Which order? I have houses around 20m on the right and left ...

Is it profitable? Possibility of resale to EDF?

Cost for something interesting?

Relationships ?

Storage, if it must go through batteries do not interest me, is there any other solution?

Self-construction, conceivable? Even if it's for resale to EDF?

Thank you in advance for your information.

Kind regards.
0 x
agu
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Re: Question on wind

by agu » 08/02/16, 09:01

Hello,
I have the same questions although the conditions are probably less severe, altitude 250m, well clear for the prevailing winds and ± 50m of the nearest neighbors.
cost, profitability, nuisance, regulation, etc?
Thank you in advance for the answers
cordially
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 08/02/16, 12:02

the small wind turbine that we see in the trade are not fixed: therefore unable to adapt properly to the wind

the fixed pitch is also a source of noise because when the wind is strong the propeller works in stall to limit the power

with a variable pitch it can adapt to a wide range of wind

with a variable step it ensures the security because one has a good way to stop completely if it is necessary

for autoconsomation it should be possible to make an injector inverter without battery ... alas I do not see in the trade ... those I see need battery which is stupid: depreciation of a battery costs as much as the price of energy edf it is passed ... no profitability in self-consumption ... there is only when we do not have EDF that we agree to pay the battery because there is no other solution

we can agree to pay the batteries if we need a stand-alone backup power supply, and that self-consumption is only an anex function

how to manage a variable step and an inverter? an anemometer measures the wind ... an automaton contains a table giving according to the speed of the wind the pitch and the optimum speed: the automaton regulates the pitch and the inverter takes the necessary power to obtain the speed

there are wind turbines with automatic variable with centrifugal mechanism in the helix ... it seems simple but complicated to develop: I prefer an electric control of the step, more complicated in number of pieces but easier to develop: the electric pitch control gives a way to stop
0 x
xxx74
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by xxx74 » 26/03/16, 08:49

Sorry to take as long to answer, I have not received a response notification about ...

It is interesting the solutions that you propose, because indeed, I really do not intend to invest in batteries.

Would you have links to the system you are talking about?

Goods.
0 x

Back to "hydraulic, wind, geothermal, marine energy, biogas ..."