Produce electricity with water mill

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Exceed
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Produce electricity with water mill

by Exceed » 27/12/05, 17:54

Hello everyone,
I explain my desire ... I own a mill with the rights of water and I would like to produce electricity to supply my home in complete autonomy ... without connection to EDF!
There is a fall of 9m, an average flow rate of 200L / S ... that is for the hydraulic data. There is currently a horizontal impeller but in a lamentable state because it is 50 years that it has not turned ... so rust, wood rot + stone scree ... I wish to put a newer turbine with a best performance, second hand if possible, but I do not know what type or size, then the generator part, I had thought to put several large engines in parralel that I could disengage following the flow to be able to manufacture a fortnight KW maximun, enough to heat the house in winter ... I may be in the dream field but never mind. Is there someone to give me advice for hardware, technique, electrical and mechanical diagrams .... etc!
To give me good plan for the recovery of used parts ... Finally, I take everything !!!
Know that the goal is to produce for the minimum cost !!!
And yes, another true Auvergnat !!!
Thank you for your answers.
0 x
Respect !!!
Rabbit
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rabbit » 27/12/05, 18:46

No, no. This is nothing of a dream.
The dream would be the chance to have such a treasure.

To give it more consistency it is by:
http://annuaire.econologie.com/index.ph ... 0&cat=0008
: Wink:

live is by:
http://clients.newel.net/particulier/amader/index.htm

: roll:
0 x
The Passing

by The Passing » 27/12/05, 21:07

Wow ..... it's a treasure this mill!
0 x
Rabbit
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rabbit » 27/12/05, 21:50

There are some who are lucky ....

T as a rough 17 Kw (according to calculation) available less than losses and others
aleas of mechanics and electricity.
remain 10 you can still heat the pool, sauna etc ..

I can almost envy him. : Oops:
Last edited by Rabbit the 27 / 12 / 05, 23: 39, 1 edited once.
0 x
binbins4
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by binbins4 » 27/12/05, 23:15

Hi excced I'm not electro, but if you only want to heat your house with resistances you can very well be continuous sela simplify you instalation, I ask the opinion of experts ........ .
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 28/12/05, 04:46

Hello Binbins
There is a guy who made a big wind turbine and he was equipped in DC
just for heating and hot water tanks,
The problem with the DC if you take AC standard equipment
C, is the contacts of the thermostats they are often burned with the DC. The resistances do not bother, but all the controls and the points of contact there is a bow when it cuts and the life is very short, even once the contacts are sticking together.

Andre
0 x
Exceed
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Exceed » 28/12/05, 10:35

Hello,
Super site and especially calculroue software, great even!
It's on, I think like you, it's a gold mine this mill ... On my "property", there was 3 or 4 in time, there was 3 water intake on the small river but more than one in condition, my neighbor an elder, told me that the mill was turning day and night when he was little, he made different oils, mainly walnut oil ... but since 1956, it does not turn anymore, the old owner had redone part of the roof with used fiber cement and the frame took water on a part .... Clearly, he left it to abandon .. .Pity !!! Me, I bought it with the house and other buildings on 4 hectares, in the middle of the woods, isolated ... very isolated .... A crush with my wife, we would have bought it even without visiting .... In addition the price was amazing too ...... 300000 FrF ... This was in 2001!
Like what, there is still business to do in some parts of our auvergne ....
Thanks to the speaker forum...
And for my history of disengageable generator following the flow ???
What do you think ?
0 x
Respect !!!
Exceed
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Exceed » 28/12/05, 11:23

Hello,
I was told that people who self-powered use 500 or 750 Wattless radiators, without thermostat, and that they left it turned permanently ... I think it's 230V AC.
0 x
Respect !!!
emlaurent
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Re: want to produce my electricity ....

by emlaurent » 28/12/05, 12:02

Exceed wrote:I would like to put a newer turbine with a better output, occasionally if possible, but I do not know what type, or what size, then the generator part, I had thought to put several large engines in parralel that I could to disengage according to the flow to be able to manufacture about fifteen KW maximun, enough to heat the house the winter ...

Hello,
Pretty story that these mills in this area

To choose the generator and what goes around, see the site of the Small Hydraulics in Switzerland: http://www.smallhydro.ch/web/francais/
especially the documents:
http://www.smallhydro.ch/download/pacer/247_1f.pdf
http://www.smallhydro.ch/download/pacer/247_4f.pdf
http://www.smallhydro.ch/download/pacer/244_f.pdf

The problem of adapting the production of a micro-power station with the current demand and the available water flow has to be solved long enough not to have to experiment and to obtain inevitably average results (without in question the quality of the experimenter !! : Wink: )
The most common way, I believe, is to use motors with wound rotors whose current is chosen to modulate the current produced by the generator. Also note, an asynchronous motor is completely reversible and can be used as a generator (provided to rewire the relays piloting).

Good reading!!
Emmanuel
0 x
Exceed
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Exceed » 28/12/05, 14:57

Thank you emlaurent,
I have reading for the winter .... In addition, the snow falls, 30cm since this morning ... and it continues more beautiful!
8)
A + .Serge.
PS: For the history of the mills, it is the version really simplified .... if I could put the version of the neighbor in line with all the anecdotes .... he was born in 10m of the mill, there is 77ans ... his father ... his grandfather .... too !!!
0 x
Respect !!!