Produce electricity with water mill

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 13/10/06, 14:35

I found "centrifugal regulator with flyweights" as a name, but no particular inventor's name ...
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/10/06, 14:39

0 x
Castor
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Castor » 13/10/06, 14:59

Uh tell me if I say bullshit but I think it's "Watt" ...

Well, no, I think it's me who says bullshit :!:
0 x
Science begins with curiosity.
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 13/10/06, 15:17

Abavoui .. 8)

By the way, I think Watt's parrallelogram comes from the same man?
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Exceed
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Exceed » 13/10/06, 15:23

Hello,

The regulator balls Watt !!! Really awesome guy .... more simple..t die!
The hardest thing must be to find this kind of ancestral device ....
Thank you Bougonnator for the info ... besides if you have other information on the subject and an idea where we could find this kind of material ... I do not know .... EDF museum ... ..or old stock EDF ... second-hand dealer ....
It's the kind of thing that makes you think ... a little more!

A + Serge.

PS: Thank you Christophe for the links.
0 x
Respect !!!
Bmag
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Bmag » 13/10/06, 18:40

This control system was found on the small 12v engines of the k7 drive, before the motors with adjustable electronic control.
Well, I still threw it last week who slept since 25 years in my studio.
At the desired speed, generally 2800t, masselotes integral with the rotor deviated by centrifugal force and cut the engine power, which slowed down, and the contact was redone and rebelote ...
Accuracy of summary speed and assured parasites.
0 x
Exceed
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Exceed » 19/10/06, 17:45

Hello,

Some fresh news ...

There is a gentleman who gives me a "little" helping hand to see the behavior of an asynchronous motor as a generator without connection to the network ....

And besides, it works ... Lux there is!

For the details ... will have to wait a little longer ...

Yeh !!!!
A + Serge.
0 x
Respect !!!
Bougonnator
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Bougonnator » 19/10/06, 18:11

Nice test bench!
The ball regulator regulated the flow by acting as a reaction loop in partnership with a variation of the water flow. The variation of the flow rate can be achieved by a valve controlled in position to the signal from the regulator. The valve more or less restricts the flow if the water comes from a restraint or diverts some of the water from the turbine if there is no reservoir in the hydraulic system. At a constant drop height, the flow rate can only be varied.
The stability of the generator is ensured by the presence of a huge flywheel on the turbine-generator axis. The inertia of the steering wheel erases shaft speed variations and water flow.
The voalnt can be made in anything provided that it is heavy and well balanced (scrap metal, concrete, millstone Emmental or Salers, etc ...). The larger the diameter, the greater the inertia for the same quantity of material used.
0 x
Exceed
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Exceed » 20/10/06, 09:08

Hello,

You too, that's nice!
Yes for the flywheel (inertia), but there is rather interest that it is hyper well balanced ... Indeed, I have already seen on an installation of 100Kw connected to the network, the wheel was cast and should not do far from a meter in diameter on 25 / 30 cm thick ...

Hey, a question that comes to me, if you do not have the possibility to put a large-diameter steering wheel, very heavy ... can we put several small ... is there a kind of equivalence?

For the principle of operation of the regulator balls, I did some research and I understood the operation, a history of inertia still ... rotation transposed in translation ...

I also saw that on the very old power plants, before EDF arrives in all the villages. There were ball regulators but also oil regulators! Does anyone know this kind of machine?

Goods.

A + Serge.
0 x
Respect !!!
Bougonnator
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Bougonnator » 20/10/06, 13:24

Hi Exceed,

The flywheel is all the more effective because it is large diameter because the force developed (centrifugal, centripetal, ... I do not know) is strong. To have the same effect, it takes a lot of little flying. But for 10 at 20kW, the size of the steering wheel should be able to remain quite 'human'.
An oil regulator, I do not know. Is not it a force amplification device to quickly move an imposing actuator (like valve)?
A +
0 x