Generate electricity otherwise ...

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/10/03, 19:31

We have posted this info on the Mailling List :)

Please re-specify it here but be careful you have to know what is the energy cost of pumping water and the conversion efficiency before claiming victory ... I think it must be quite low (like all conversions by changing energetic nature: here we have a mechanical reaction -> electrical reaction).

These figures are sorely lacking at the moment.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/10/03, 19:42

Besides, I suggest you continue this discussion on the mailing list :) It will be easier for everyone to react :)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/10/03, 16:55

yes you are entirely right as much to double the sources of info :)

There is a registration frame for the mailing list on the front page of the site (the orange tip)

ps: fully agree for cellphones and other small devices (if energy study ok what we ignore), for the production of more important energy the process has a future only if the efficiency superior to best existing water turbines (almost 60% it seems to me) the gain will come mainly from simplicity and reduced cost .... I think ....
0 x