Problem water supply for turbine Pelton hydro electricity

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 01/12/10, 19:47

3200t / min, I guess it's with the total pressure 180m?

otherwise there is a miracle at home or a miscalculation at home

to measure the current it is necessary to pass the cournat by a amperemetre ... not very original ... except that small electronic multimeter is cheap one 20A not solid which does not support 20A well long

24v x 20A = 480w, it does not make the weight

solution: the shunt is a resistance calculated to make a low voltage at the right current ... for example 0.2v has 200A to easily use the 0.2v caliber of a small multimeter

R = U / I = 0.2v / 200A = 0,001ohm
the real shunt are made with a piece of constant or better manganin massive enough ... other solution 1000 resistance 1ohm in parralele, it takes patience but given the price of a resistance is not ruineux

the constantant is an aliage to make precise resistances: coef of temperature null ... the manganin has a coefficient of temperature less weak, but makes less thermoelectric torque with the copper, thus more precise when it heats

a shunt could also be done simply with a piece of stainless steel sheet, less precise, but easy to do

a real shunt has 4 terminals: two big terminals 2 end to pass the current, 2 small terminals to connect the voltmetre: so even if the big terminal have voltage drops, it does not distort the measure
0 x
bernardd
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bernardd » 01/12/10, 19:57

The Hall effect went through there and we invented the amperemetric clamp to avoid these delicate montages for an electrician amateur :-)

The indicated clamp seems to go for the current:
AC current measurements: max. 400A (with transducer jaws)

even if it is indicated for AC AC

but you will have to do the multiplication yourself :-)

I seem to have seen 2 other more sophisticated in his page ...
0 x
See you soon !
Gilles 2B
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Gilles 2B » 01/12/10, 20:00

I actually have a little more water than what I told you because it's winter and it's raining, like a cow that has been pissing since October ....

I was able to measure the rotational speeds because I have a friend who has a tachymeter, that's why there is a transparent disc with black quarters on the axis of the Pelton wheel.

As of tomorrow I will see how to tinker with a trick to directly couple the generator to the axis of the Pelton, the problem being that it is the "body" of the generator which turns and its axis which is fixed and the wires come out. in the center of the axis, I am going to do a little tinkering with my friend who is retired, he will be less bored ...

Again thank you guys, and do not stop to send me messages!

See you
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 01/12/10, 20:01

I forgot the amperemetric pincers because I thought 24v continuous

the simple amperemetric clamps only work in alternative, the amperemetric clamp for continuous are expensive and I prefer the shunt

but the generator is certainly the alternative, so you can use amperemetric clamp between the alternator and the rectifier

I contradict bernardd: it seems to me that your generator is a low speed wind turbine: completely missed for direct coupling with your turbine: the couroie is the solution ... in my opinion it will have to be very strong so that it passes all the power

but you could be less power than expected because of pressure loss of the pipe

measurement to be done: manometer to have the real pressure given to the turbine

other measure: flow given by your downpipes from the tank, completely open, without turbine ... time in how much time ca filled a can of 200l
0 x
bernardd
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bernardd » 01/12/10, 20:04

He wrote :

Gilles 2B wrote:Good then,

No-load rotation speed> 3200 rpm,

Speed ​​required for voltage greater than 24 volts 1500 rpm

more than 1500t / min to get the necessary 24V, it's not low speed :-)

But I agree that it would be better to ask the seller the power / speed curve.
0 x
See you soon !
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 01/12/10, 20:14

I know the hall effect, to make amperemetric clamp continuous current: but a piece of metal and 2 screws is so much easier!

the formula R = rho L / S is not for dogs

for the alternative, when we want to place measuring instruments definitively on a board, there is the current transformer: primary 1 tower: simple passage of the cable with strong current in the magnetic circuit, secondary 100 turn for example to send a the amperemetre a current 100 times lower

the real trnasformateur of current sold as measuring equipment costs the peua of the buttocks: I do much cheaper by modifying small transformer 220v

there is also the ecowatt current sensor sold on the econology website, which can serve as a sensor to do everything
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 01/12/10, 20:53

chatelot16 wrote:3200t / min, I guess it's with the total pressure 180m?

otherwise there is a miracle at home or a miscalculation at home

to measure the current it is necessary to pass the cournat by a amperemetre ... not very original ... except that small electronic multimeter is cheap one 20A not solid which does not support 20A well long

24v x 20A = 480w, it does not make the weight

solution: the shunt is a resistance calculated to make a low voltage at the right current ... for example 0.2v has 200A to easily use the 0.2v caliber of a small multimeter

R = U / I = 0.2v / 200A = 0,001ohm
the real shunt are made with a piece of constant or better manganin massive enough ... other solution 1000 resistance 1ohm in parralele, it takes patience but given the price of a resistance is not ruineux

the constantant is an aliage to make precise resistances: coef of temperature null ... the manganin has a coefficient of temperature less weak, but makes less thermoelectric torque with the copper, thus more precise when it heats

a shunt could also be done simply with a piece of stainless steel sheet, less precise, but easy to do

a real shunt has 4 terminals: two big terminals 2 end to pass the current, 2 small terminals to connect the voltmetre: so even if the big terminal have voltage drops, it does not distort the measure

Chatelot

I have a clamp of 1000 DC amps, it is about taking the amperage on a wire that goes to the battery and the voltage so we get the wattage!
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.
Criticism is good if added to some compliments.
Alain
bernardd
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bernardd » 01/12/10, 21:30

chatelot16 wrote:the formula R = rho L / S is not for dogs

The author of this post told us that he did not know how to measure amperage: no need to insist, as much to explain to him a concrete and simple solution.
0 x
See you soon !
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 02/12/10, 03:07

simple solution: calorimeter: measure the time to reach a temperature of Tambient + 20 ° C on a resistor like a piece of metal or a stove with an insulated top thermometer and compare with the 220V or 10A battery measured with multimeter ..
The power is the inverse of this time and with the rule of 3 with respect to the voltages and current of 10A we have the unknown current.
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 02/12/10, 08:42

dedeleco wrote:simple solution: calorimeter: measure the time to reach a temperature of Tambient + 20 ° C on a resistor like a piece of metal or a stove with an insulated top thermometer and compare with the 220V or 10A battery measured with multimeter ..
The power is the inverse of this time and with the rule of 3 with respect to the voltages and current of 10A we have the unknown current.

Why keep it simple when you can do complicated, that's what you say no? : Lol:
0 x